PDA

View Full Version : Dengue - decrease in medical fitness

FlightDetent
23rd Feb 2017, 12:37
I would be grateful if someone could share any experience, second or third hand even, which steps are to be followed after hospitalization with dengue fever onset. Main concern being state of recovery when return to flying duties is possible.

Very little research I had done here: All you need to know about Dengue fever - Rediff.com India News (http://www.rediff.com/news/report/all-you-need-to-know-about-dengue-fever/20150915.htm)

and Decrease in medical fitness
(a) Licence holders shall not exercise the privileges of their licence and related ratings or certificates at any time when they:
(1) are aware of any decrease in their medical fitness which might render them unable to safely exercise those privileges;
(3) receive any medical, surgical or other treatment that is likely to interfere with flight safety.

(b) In addition, licence holders shall, without undue delay, seek aero-medical advice when they:
(4) have been suffering from any significant illness involving incapacity to function as a member of the flight crew;
(6) have been admitted to hospital or medical clinic;

(c) In these cases:
(1) holders of Class 1 and Class 2 medical certificates shall seek the advice of an AeMC or AME. The AeMC or AME shall assess the medical fitness of the licence holder and decide whether they are fit to resume the exercise of their privileges;

It seems to me the beast is not so uncommon.