PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS F/A Positions.

jock65
9th Jul 2002, 04:48
I saw the ad placed by MAM in Saturday's Age (6/7) and have registered my details.

What does one do? Just go for it and hope that if I am successful that I will be offered a permanent job down the track?

Or wait.

Anyone got any thoughts?

leemo
9th Jul 2002, 05:22
Just recently casual were offered permanent roles with QF but they were casuals directly with QF and not with MAM. So not sure if there would be any chance of you being made permanent in the near future.

However, it would be fantastic experience to have for when QF hire permanents again. Although you would still have to have an interview it would be a 'modified' process as they have done in the past.

The main reason QF are using MAM for casuals now is that they need lots of casual crew, and the sensible thing for them to do is let an outsourcing company hire and manage the crew. That way Qantas just let MAM know how many people they need and when and MAM have the worry of getting the people.

The casuals are needed to to increase in flying since the Ansett collapse, introduction of new aircraft : 737-800 and Airbus A320 in November 2002 and the upcoming changes to the roster system for full time permanent crew who will be able to drop trips that they do not want. The trips which are dropped will be put into an 'open time' pool for casual to pick up work from.

I would imagine quite a bit of work will be available. But nothing is guaranteed, which is why its a 'casual' position.

Go for it and good luck.

Maradona
9th Jul 2002, 06:32
Jock, When is your interview? My interview is Wed 10th July at 8am, just go for it, im sure we will fine out more about what they are offering at the interview. Good luck.

Paulsyd1
11th Jul 2002, 11:26
QF Interviews.

Well guyz how'd you go with the first round?
See... wasn't that hard (So Far)...

Hope you made it thru to the Assesment centre day.

I'll be attending Wednesday 17th July.. 0800hrs.

For those experienced in QF's interview process, any pointers would be greatly appreciated by all..

Good Luck.. Hope to see you there!

P.S anyone know how many FA's they are lookin to recruit...:)

bella75
11th Jul 2002, 13:38
hey g'day paul,
i made it thru to the assessment day as well, Wednesday 17th 0800...bright and early...email me maybe we can exchange tips and [email protected]
Regards Bella