PDA

View Full Version : How goes it in Nairobi??

B Sousa
8th Jul 2002, 23:33
Someone keep us posted as to all the Helos that headed North for the East African Safari Rally in Kenya..

discobeast
9th Jul 2002, 00:57
hi bert,

autorotate posted this message on the "building hours in SA" thread on rotorheads:

Bert & All

Made it into Nairobi yesterday. Great trip and I got to fly EC-120 ZS-RNA all the way, with Martin as co-pilot. Chased girafe around low level in Zim and then did a photo shoot at 11,500 ft in front of Kilamanjaro with Gerry flying EC-130 as No 1, Francois and Mark in EC-120 as number 2 and Renae in AS-350BA as No 3.

Will post some when I get home. Bert, heard from Gerry that you tried to ague with a Buffalo and got butted for your trouble

Stopped on top of 7300 ft mountain to top up with jerry cans. Route was

Pietersburg - Chireze - Tete - Llongwe (Overnight) Dodomo and then Nairobi.

We have 28 helicopters working on the rally here. Will post more soon.

Regards

Autorotate.

B Sousa
9th Jul 2002, 02:17
I always miss the fun times......Good group of guys, having fun and getting a few dollars for their efforts.....

Gunship
9th Jul 2002, 19:04
Sounds like one big jol ! 28 heli's bru that will be fun !
Enjoy it guys ! :D

The Claw
13th Jul 2002, 05:23
ZS - RJV was on Channel 4 last night. Anybody got an update on this event? I'm keen to hear more about the trips up to Kenya!Must have been an amazing experience.

:cool:

discobeast
13th Jul 2002, 06:23
autorotate is the man in the know. he did the trip up to nairobi with helibip & co. go to "rotorheads" and take a look at the "hour building in SA" thread.

hope this helps.

cheers,
:)

The Claw
13th Jul 2002, 17:42
Thanks discobeast, I'm greedy, I was rather hoping for some MORE gen.

Cheers,:D :D