PDA

View Full Version : EASA Part 66 B1/2 intial type rating

Topsp1n
7th Feb 2017, 16:20
Seeking some clarification on the initial type rating for Engineers under the EASA part66. If you are not working at an approved EASA AMO because you are under another CAA for example QCAA or CASA how do you get your first type approved?

lowfat
7th Feb 2017, 18:24
You can only get your experience at a EASA part 145 approved maintenance facility.
Your type course certificate must state EASA Part 147 approved and state pass not attended.
Also your practical must be part 147 approved.
Most people buy complete packages from part 147 training schools.
The UKCAA has tightened up on all this and the paperwork is almost forensically examined. the easy ride days are gone.

I cannot speak for other NAAs but the recent fraud case in Greece at a PART 147 school and suspension of all Basic module certificates covering several years and ergo licenses will be far reaching.

You maybe better off asking in the engineering section of this site... also airmech.co.uk 400hertz on that site is a legend on the training regs.
I hope the mods dont mind me advising another site

soloviev
8th Feb 2017, 11:57
Hi Topsp1n.
First type rating is obtained through a type training composed of 1) theoretical element at an approved Pt. 147 training organization, 2) practical element at an approved Pt. 147 training organization (maybe a Pt. 145 but needs approval from competent authority), 3) on-the-job training at an approved Pt. 145 organization.
If type is not classified in Group 1 according to Pt. 66.A.5, you can apply by demonstrating sufficient practical experience on the aircraft, usually followed by an assessment carried out by the competent authority.
You need to be in a Pt. 145 environment for the OJT and in a Pt. 147 for the training.
Hope that's useful for you.

Topsp1n
10th Feb 2017, 19:12
Thanks for the info guys