PDA

View Full Version : Hull Insurance

cyclic flare
1st Feb 2017, 15:58
Are Haywards still the best for competitive hull insurance.

Just has a quote from them which i thought to be quite expensive over 5.% of hull value.

thanks

Heli Fat
1st Feb 2017, 16:14
Is it blue or black in colour? If so then I've heard it might increase the cost.

CRAN
1st Feb 2017, 17:25
Try visicover.com

John R81
2nd Feb 2017, 10:30
I was with Haywards for many years; not now. Significant price drop when I changed. There is advantage in shopping around.

Hughes500
2nd Feb 2017, 11:08
I have stuck with Haywards as Visicover wouldn't give the same level of cover I required. Horses for courses really, my guy at Haywards is contactable every day for adjustments in my cover which ends up saving £ 1000's !

Gustosomerset
2nd Feb 2017, 12:14
Each year I get a quote from Haywards and Visicover. Haywards is always higher. I tell Haywards and they reduce it in line with Visicover. Slightly absurd process but I still rate Haywards for their service - as Andrew says, their availability and speed of response is worth a lot IMHO.

Heli Fat
2nd Feb 2017, 13:49
I agree Gustosomerset, Hayward's always seem to re-quote me at my renewal after I get a price from visicover. The service I receive from Hayward's is second to none, they are always contactable even at weekends and I don't have to get my laptop out.

I also don't like the idea of me having to select what cover I want when I don't know what cover might need!

cyclic flare
3rd Feb 2017, 15:36
Visicover 33% less than Haywards !

Haywards will reduce there quote on the basis of providing them with another quote - No thanks I expect the best quotation first time round, time to move and I've been with Haywards for over 20 years !

500e
3rd Feb 2017, 15:56
Totally agree CF have always said to sales people I want your best price not what you think I will accept.
There were a fair few people who found out the hard way I was not looking to squeeze till the pips squeaked but when there was a huge difference, & if it was suggested that a better offer was available they were told , what don't you understand Best meant just that, to late go away.
The insurance Co were not happy when we moved, or other suppliers, one even offered to back date the price reduction 18 months.

FLY 7
4th Feb 2017, 15:49
Each year I get a quote from Haywards and Visicover. Haywards is always higher. I tell Haywards and they reduce it in line with Visicover. Slightly absurd process but I still rate Haywards for their service - as Andrew says, their availability and speed of response is worth a lot IMHO.

Same here.
I've used Haywards for many years. Never had a claim, but I know some that have, and their service has been excellent.
Agree, though, that we need a competitive market that keeps costs down.