PDA

View Full Version : FlyDubai or Oman Air

italian stallion
31st Jan 2017, 04:07
Hi everyone
Which of the two would one choose, FlyDubai or OmanAir...direct entry captain...and why?
Please only facts and not hear say

Thanks

737overseas
17th May 2017, 11:35
Oman Air without hésitation.
Oman Air is a flag carrier, FlyDubai a low cost airline.
Oman is a country with a long history, UAE had been created in 1971.
More things to see in Oman.
Quality of life is, to my opinion, better in Mascate. Better social life.
People more friendly and more humble.
Beautiful mountains if you like hiking.

ChocksOn
17th May 2017, 14:26
Oman Air any day. For all the reasons mentioned above and more.

Jetjock330
17th May 2017, 14:29
There is another new airline in Oman called Salam Air (https://salamair.com/contact-us/careers), with A320's!

Luibar
17th May 2017, 18:58
Is Oman Air only accepting B737 type rated pilots?

MohamedV1
28th May 2017, 16:43
Dubai is much better place to live. I know, as i lived in Oman before joining RJ and returning to Amman.

Hotclown
25th Apr 2024, 00:39
SAME QUESTION

High Energy
30th Apr 2024, 17:43
SAME QUESTION

I hope you are not seriously considering Oman Air. Pls do your diligence. Oman Air is downsizing. And flydubai does not take DEC’s. Upgrades in 3-5yrs on average.

SunnyTheSemen
30th Apr 2024, 21:11
Lived in Oman , Sydney , hongkong Dubai and London . Sydney is by far the best but dubai isn’t that far behind in terms of what you can do with your money . Lifestyle wise we find everyday is packed with new fun and adventures . Oman was relaxed but we much prefer Dubai . There’s more people at our level

Kumar.Lindbergh
30th Apr 2024, 23:37
Recently did a roadtrip throughout the UAE and Oman.

In Oman you are allowed to camp anywhere, and the Landscape is stunning. Mountains, waterfalls gravel roads and also asphalt roads, and super friendly people, if not the friendliest i’ve seen so far on the Arabian peninsula.

If you are a person who likes outdoor lifestyle, hiking, camping, offroading, enduro you are in paradise 2-3h drive outside Muscat. At least for 8 month a year you can enjoy the beautiful landscape in your free time.
its very conservative not much party life or bar culture in the country (compared to dubai).
However, in the company i am currently working i have colleagues who joined from oman air, saying that they are slowly trying to replace expats with locals, which is totally understandable.

My impression from dubai is more a cosmopolitan lifestyle focused on entertainment. Loads of nightlife, motorsports, beachclubs and restaurants, however if youre interested in outdoor activities you can still hit the dunes or drive to khasab which is involving 2-3 hours drive.

career wise i can imagine that fly dubai and emirates are so big, that they wont be able to replace their expat workers with locals anytime soon.

I am writing this as a traveller, never worked or lived in one of those countries. Im working in another ME country. If I would have to switch companies now, I would prefer Oman Air as a Captain and Dubai as a First Officer but I am a big fan of outdoor activities.