PDA

View Full Version : EK round 2 leave

Eau de Boeing
26th Jan 2017, 13:00
So, did I read the email wrong or were we supposed to have our latest round of leave refusals by 4pm today?

flareflyer
26th Jan 2017, 13:15
Yes. But maybe it is 16 Zulu :ugh: :8

delorean79
26th Jan 2017, 13:48
It could be funny if it wasn't this sad... :ugh:

sluggums
26th Jan 2017, 21:49
Delayed, yet again.

glofish
27th Jan 2017, 06:41
It's all the fault of Dubai Police!

The leave planners did a fantastic job, i have seen it, i know, but their USB stick was accidentally left in the non company suitcase of a management pilot checking and admiring this marvel during his hard earned LAX layover and has been confiscated by the police without realising how exempt these managers are of all regulations affecting the lazy line pilots.

It might be released after this week-end, when the hard working agents between the stairs will have time to lift their arms away from their mobiles and place the suitcase on the scanner. The next few days will be necessary to have someone from the third floor going through the stringent security barriers and to collect the abandoned suitcase to then deliver it to another hard working third floor vice president at Costas, until it can be given back to the leave planners to publish their fabulous work.

All this in a strive to make Emirates great again.

Spikedog
2nd Feb 2017, 13:18
Well, it's gone 18:00 and Leave is still not published.

Short of pilots? Of course not!

It would be nice if someone grew some balls and actually admitted there was a crewing problem.

Eau de Boeing
2nd Feb 2017, 13:22
Mine appears to be missing too...:ugh:

Macrohard
2nd Feb 2017, 13:39
Its not a crewing problem. EK just has a few too many airframes!

Mach.888
2nd Feb 2017, 14:02
Can you guys imagine how long we would last if we had the same respect for deadlines?

Flyingishere
2nd Feb 2017, 14:06
It's all the fault of Dubai Police!

The leave planners did a fantastic job, i have seen it, i know, but their USB stick was accidentally left in the non company suitcase of a management pilot checking and admiring this marvel during his hard earned LAX layover and has been confiscated by the police without realising how exempt these managers are of all regulations affecting the lazy line pilots.

It might be released after this week-end, when the hard working agents between the stairs will have time to lift their arms away from their mobiles and place the suitcase on the scanner. The next few days will be necessary to have someone from the third floor going through the stringent security barriers and to collect the abandoned suitcase to then deliver it to another hard working third floor vice president at Costas, until it can be given back to the leave planners to publish their fabulous work.

All this in a strive to make Emirates great again.
I chuckled. Not because it's funny but at your petty attempt for humour

Divertnow
2nd Feb 2017, 14:46
[QUOTE=Flyingishere;9662190]I chuckled. Not because it's funny but at your petty attempt for humour[/QUOTE
So you're ok with the delay?

Hypoxic01
2nd Feb 2017, 14:47
Damn it! I bet some under qualified wobble head forget to press the publish now button before heading home for the weekend! ARRRGGHH!!!

Flyingishere
2nd Feb 2017, 15:06
[QUOTE=Flyingishere;9662190]I chuckled. Not because it's funny but at your petty attempt for humour[/QUOTE
So you're ok with the delay?

Honestly I couldn't care less ;) I don't bit for leave. I'm here to work

sluggums
2nd Feb 2017, 15:28
Flyingishere is just a troll. Just read his/her BS on the other threads. 6 posts, yeah right. You probably just had to change your name after you were previously outed. "I don't bit (sic) for leave. I'm here to work" WTF!!! How patronising can you get. Oops, forgot, you're a troll...

drop kick
2nd Feb 2017, 15:47
Don't feed the troll!!

Life Vest
2nd Feb 2017, 16:17
It says visible by 1800, but not what day or week or month for that matter :ugh:
(But they have apologised again)

A6EchoEchoUniform
2nd Feb 2017, 17:01
Leave was visible at 1815 DXB LCL. By 1825, it was no longer visible.

Spikedog
2nd Feb 2017, 17:08
You ask us not to post negative info re Emirates, yet you cannot provide us with our Leave even after it is already 1 week late.

Are you joking? Really, are you joking or do you actually think this is acceptable?

I am sorry, but you are f&cking arrogant, ignorant, tw@ts.

Have had enough of flying 100 plus hours a month for you.

F@ck off and good night

fliion
2nd Feb 2017, 17:19
What's really reprehensible is that no manager be it JA, HD or someone lower has taken the time to tap out an apology email - albeit from their cell phone - anything, just a quick blurb.

Nope it's Thursday night and as we go to work - they sit at home or in the bar, at the club - and show no concern whatsoever.

An absolute f^%#*+€^g disgrace.

sluggums
2nd Feb 2017, 17:23
Couldn't agree more.

sluggums
2nd Feb 2017, 17:25
And I see the troll removed a previous post admitting that they were, in fact a troll. Flyingishere do you need another gun to shot yourself in the other foot?

thatwasclose
2nd Feb 2017, 17:28
Guys,
Then do something about it .
They know most will not and that's what gets them richer and keeps them in power . We are the smucks .

DuneMentat
3rd Feb 2017, 02:35
Mine were published at some point yesterday.. via the foip go to crew information, my records, leave

EKB777
3rd Feb 2017, 02:37
"Can you guys imagine how long we would last if we had the same respect for deadlines?"

"You ask us not to post negative info re Emirates, yet you cannot provide us with our Leave even after it is already 1 week late."

"What's really reprehensible is that no manager be it JA, HD or someone lower has taken the time to tap out an apology email - albeit from their cell phone - anything, just a quick blurb.

Nope it's Thursday night and as we go to work - they sit at home or in the bar, at the club - and show no concern whatsoever."

The three posts above beautifully sums up the managements attitude towards its Pilots. Embarrassingly bad.

fatbus
3rd Feb 2017, 03:14
And those posts are factual not " negative towards EK"

Visual Procedures
3rd Feb 2017, 03:22
Just the fact that these things are delivered on a Thursday afternoon, so as the rowers have a couple of days to cool off before management have to deal with them is insulting.

They're clearly aware that they are delivering sh!t news and don't want to deal with backlash.

Keep rowing minions!

nicosnoko
3rd Feb 2017, 03:28
I can also see my round 2 leave on my record/Leave.

Round 1 --> No leave
Round 2 --> so far --> 2 blocks of 15 days.... FORCED. Not even close to my request.

Basically can't go anywhere... kids in school.... what a joke...

Had enough of this sh@thole...

TooLow
3rd Feb 2017, 03:33
What Dunementat said, its there on the portal under crew info, just where most would not look, 'cause that's how they roll.

Got all my 3 requests. amazing.

A6EchoEchoUniform
3rd Feb 2017, 04:13
Last night, holding over DESDI, I actually was excited to get home, and was enjoying the flight.

What the hell is wrong with me? Did someone slip something in my beverage on the flight home?

Oh, and my leave requests were all denied.

donpizmeov
3rd Feb 2017, 04:32
Without the standard self congratulating email from JA about how three pilots got what they wanted and 98% received some leave, this one was never going to be good.

Panther 88
3rd Feb 2017, 16:03
With over thirty days remaining after the first round, got what I expected, zilch, nada, zero, nothing. And didn't bid for any peak leave. Isn't this fun?

PositiveRate876
3rd Feb 2017, 16:19
Nothing for me as well in round 2. With 3 baker's dozens of leave days in the bank.

By the way, I have to say they got me pretty good with hiding the leave in the records tab!!! After all it has been published in the leave application for years, and to hide it there was a pretty clever trick.

PositiveRate876
3rd Feb 2017, 16:20
Thank goodness for PPrune though, it is here that I find out where the leave is published, and many other things that should be disseminated through official channels. :ugh:

rocketsurgeon
4th Feb 2017, 06:19
Crew information/My Records/Leave.....

It's all there...

Tight Seat
4th Feb 2017, 14:55
Not for me.

motojet
4th Feb 2017, 15:07
Me neither

fatbus
4th Feb 2017, 15:44
Scroll to the bottom. Mine was there

natops
4th Feb 2017, 18:31
Got 0 second round, great system. Smelly bucket is filling up rapidly...

Sheikh Your Bootie
6th Feb 2017, 12:01
Amazed, I actually got what I bid for both rounds, more or less. Still missing 7 days mind, from the 42. Bank is filling up. :mad:

SyB :zzz:

GMC1500
6th Feb 2017, 18:45
Got what I asked for both rounds, but in both cases I used a date range, not fixed dates, I think that greatly improves your chances of success.
Only 12 days left in the bank.

delorean79
6th Feb 2017, 18:50
I asked for 3 ranges in round 2. Got nothing. But hey, system works.

g109
6th Feb 2017, 19:41
Round 1: nothing
Round 2: 2 blocks of 21 days as requested.
Still huge leave balance to clear, I guess they will have to pay me once I leave EK

harry the cod
7th Feb 2017, 06:56
They can pay you before you leave. Cash it in if you have a lot outstanding. Regardless of the principle of preferring valuable time off to money, there's absolutely no way anyone's getting more than 42 days in the current climate so might as well put the money in your bank. Just send an email to fleet superintendents asking for 'encashment of leave' and state how many days you'd like. Seem to read somewhere that you can only take it every 2 years.

Remember, in effect, the Company is earning interest on YOUR money right now!

Harry

CaptainChipotle
7th Feb 2017, 17:45
They can pay you before you leave. Cash it in if you have a lot outstanding. Regardless of the principle of preferring valuable time off to money, there's absolutely no way anyone's getting more than 42 days in the current climate so might as well put the money in your bank. Just send an email to fleet superintendents asking for 'encashment of leave' and state how many days you'd like. Seem to read somewhere that you can only take it every 2 years.

Remember, in effect, the Company is earning interest on YOUR money right now!

Harry

Here we go again. Harry bragging about his financial savvy.

You are owed 42 days a year. The reason EK gets away with it IS people like Harry.

Keep rowing, minions. As long as you put up with it, nothing will change.

harry the cod
7th Feb 2017, 19:41
CC

Bit harsh. I'm merely offering a possible solution to a fellow colleague as there are some who are simply not aware this option exists. It's got sweet FA to do with bragging.

Cashing in 12 days of leave every other year is one thing. Having the option to cash in a large outstanding leave balance as a one off is quite another. If you really believe this Company will be in a position to offer more than 42 days this year, or for that matter, within the next 2-3 years, then be my guest and take it.

I would.

Harry

Trader
7th Feb 2017, 20:03
Might be worth cashing in if they actually paid a rate equal to the value. But they pay straight time. If your absent you get docked 1800 dhms yet your leave day (as a captain) is paid at approx 1185 dhms. Rather have the time off.

THRCLB
7th Feb 2017, 21:27
Spot on trader ... It works in their faves not us ..,I'd rather enjoy my whole days of leave ( if I get any ) rather than sell iTools them with platinum EK discount

fliion
8th Feb 2017, 04:20
Cashing in leave is like agreeing to work on a day off for call out pay. It does long term damage to your colleagues by alleviating the Co of the need to offer a sufficient package that attracts the numbers needed to alleviate our workload.

It's a sellout.

What's next after level 2? Higher pay but only 30 days leave in your contract?

Enough already.

ruserious
8th Feb 2017, 06:39
Spot on filion

The Outlaw
8th Feb 2017, 11:01
Once again Harry you seem to have a very "alternative and company favoured" view of the situation. You are correct in the assertion that you will only get 42 days of leave per year, it is what we are contracted for and owed.

However, its not the pilots fault for not being allocated this leave. You will no doubt remember the years that the company just didn't''t have the manpower (do to consistent poor planning and failure in their roles) to offer the full 42 days. Why should the pilots suffer for that? I for one scoff at the very idea of selling owed leave days for cash. To me that is akin to prostitution. Remember that there used to be a maximum days of leave carry over? Other wise the leave would be granted. I maintain that is leave was not given in previous year(which is wrong to do then you should be given the days in the following year, this makes the AVERAGE 42 days per year over a two year maximum span.

thatwasclose
8th Feb 2017, 14:18
Guys,
I don't really agree with Harry very much but in this he is right . For years I have seen my bank of leave grow . I kept saying no way I am cashing in . I want the time off . Ain't never gonna happen . It's not Harry's fault or anyone else who takes its fault . It all our fault for not doing anything about it . So now I got less than 42 his year , ad hoc chance next to none to get more . My bank grows . Company does not give a flying Fxxk . Might as well get the money .

Spikedog
8th Feb 2017, 15:57
Guys,
I don't really agree with Harry very much but in this he is right . For years I have seen my bank of leave grow . I kept saying no way I am cashing in . I want the time off . Ain't never gonna happen . It's not Harry's fault or anyone else who takes its fault . It all our fault for not doing anything about it . So now I got less than 42 his year , ad hoc chance next to none to get more . My bank grows . Company does not give a flying Fxxk . Might as well get the money .

Have you written to anyone to complain about not getting 42 days this year or previous years? I have and we all should, otherwise the company will continue to do it and it'll become the norm.

thatwasclose
8th Feb 2017, 17:02
Have you written to anyone to complain about not getting 42 days this year or previous years? I have and we all should, otherwise the company will continue to do it and it'll become the norm.

Actually I have . And last year . And the year before . And gone in to see the boss . And done numerous other things . What have you done lately ?

thatwasclose
8th Feb 2017, 17:03
Actually I have . And last year . And the year before . And gone in to see the boss . And done numerous other things . What have you done lately ?
And that's my point ,
It does not change .

Spikedog
8th Feb 2017, 22:11

I have also contacted them to express my dissatisfaction, but I imagine there are people who haven't.

Praise Jebus
9th Feb 2017, 03:15
It appears to me that a company that promotes a policy of allowing its pilots to cash in leave doesn't understand the purpose of leave nor the basis of safety. Imagine the good news story of an incident/accident involving a pilot who was tired but had just sold 40 plus days leave back to their company...

The Outlaw
9th Feb 2017, 06:33
Hallelujah, Praise Jebus has seen the light!

That is EXACTLY what leave is for, not to be sold for cash, which is what whores do...sell time for cash. If we allow this to continue then it will become the norm and there is little recourse as we allowed it to happen. Again, why should I pay for the stuff up of others?

Keep going up the ladder, right to HH if you have to then try other sources. It can be done.

thatwasclose
9th Feb 2017, 14:20
Ah ,
No it can't .
Been up ladders .
And by there way , not only whores sell their time for money . We all do .
So ...

White Knight
9th Feb 2017, 15:15
Outlaw. I think you'll find it's more than time that whores sell😮