PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend

MiddleEastMike
26th Jan 2017, 11:01
Afternoon chaps

Question?

Perhaps this is not the right way to go about this, but does anyone live with their girlfriend (unmarried).

My partners from the UK wants to come and live with me in AUH, now currently we are unmarried. This is obviously going to cause problems. I'm not in company accommodation, but surely if they find out there is grounds for dismissal.

Also, how do people get around the visa situation, is if a case of every 30 days take a quick trip to Qatar to Renew the entry visa? Or are there other ways around it?

I was wondering if anyone could help, if your not confident posting then please DM instead.

ApprecIte the help as always

ruserious
26th Jan 2017, 16:38
It's not a huge problem unless you pi** anyone off. Generally it is just ignored.
Visa wise, best bet is that she get's a job

ShyTorque
26th Jan 2017, 18:21
My partners from the UK wants to come and live with me in AUH, now currently we are unmarried. This is obviously going to cause problems.

Partners? There'll be even bigger trouble if one finds out about the other!:p

brakedwell
27th Jan 2017, 09:58
My partners from the UK wants to come and live with me in AUH, now currently we are unmarried. This is obviously going to cause problems. I'm not in company accommodation, but surely if they find out there is grounds for dismissal.

I thought Harems were De Rigeuer in the Middle East :}

Dubaian
27th Jan 2017, 10:47
No need to fly out of UAE to renew 'on arrival' visas. You can drive to Oman to do it then come straight back. Several companies offering minibus trips if you don't want to drive yourself. Make sure you stay at least 30 days and not more than 39 before making the trip. Less than 30 days counts as a multi-entry and you do NOT get a new visa. More than 39 days collects fairly heavy fines which mount by the day.

Praise Jebus
27th Jan 2017, 12:26
The Hatta border run will work until you reach a total of 90 days then the renewal has to be done at the airport which means a flight out. 9 flights a day to Doha so easy to fly there and return on the same flight. You can then do the renew at Hatta again until 90 days, then fly out etc. It varies depending on the passport your girlfriend has. As for living together lots of people do it just keep below the radar...

north flyer
27th Jan 2017, 13:05
Visa run to Oman every 31 to 39 days, don't do it before 30 days as you still have a current one, it wont be renewed... They are classed as muliple entry now. Fine on day 40 is 340 AED, then 100 AED per day after that!
For UK passport holder the visa can renewed for an unlimited number of times.
GB, Ireland, USA, NZ, AUS, Cananda, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Brunei and Seychelles are the only other countries that can.
No need to fly out on 90 days at all.
GF can look for a job while she is here if she wants to work and would not have to leave to change her visa status.
Unless you bring attention to yourself co-habitation is fine.
Do a google search of visa run tour companies as they have up to date info. Go Tours Dubai are pretty good at keepng up to date. Ex pat woman is good too...

Whairdhugo
27th Jan 2017, 13:33
Seems like way too much trouble for the benefit. Meet someone new and explore crazy on a whole new level. 👍

momo95
27th Jan 2017, 15:09
Zina (fornication) is quite serious ... be careful who witnesses you

Dubaian
28th Jan 2017, 11:07
+1 for Go Tours Dubai for visa runs to Hatta. Pick up at Marina Mall. Book on line.

Co-habitation basically depends on good relations with your neighbours. If they have no reason to complain to the powers that be, things should be OK. By the way some nationalities can get 90 day visas on arrival - but for Brits it's 30 (+9 grace period)

north flyer
28th Jan 2017, 13:24
Dubaian is right, but the best thing to do is go get a pair of rings and if your neighbors ask, just tell them you are married, now that I think about it, don't tell them anything about your personal life.

fantom
28th Jan 2017, 13:47
Don't try that in KWI. I had to get our marriage certificate translated into Arabic !

Officer Kite
28th Jan 2017, 18:08
Don't try that in KWI. I had to get our marriage certificate translated into Arabic !

When Muslims marry in an Islamic ceremony they get no cert, unless they choose to also marry at a registry office (which many I know personally don't do so) so it would be interesting to know how the police will confirm/deny if 2 people living together with Arab names are married or not in those circumstances

3Greens
28th Jan 2017, 21:01
Pretty easy to knock one up on the computer these days.

Whairdhugo
28th Jan 2017, 23:33
Pretty easy to knock one up on the computer these days.

As long as she doesn't complain about sitting on the keyboard?

Count von Altibar
29th Jan 2017, 12:15
Need to be careful on this one. I've heard many stories of where this type of setup goes tits-up big time. People can dob you in to the authorities if they have the slightest grudge against you or your partner. The gf will also get peed off doing the visa run, happened to my mate.

momo95
29th Jan 2017, 13:32
The gf will also get peed off doing the visa run

... if she's not already peed off by him never being around :}

Praise Jebus
29th Jan 2017, 14:30
North Flyer how recent is your info? I took an AUS passport holder to Hatta border in November and we were turned back due 90 day limit. This was confirmed by the airport immigration office and they had to fly out/in to restart the 90 days?? One thing is certain and that is the rules constantly change and no one in the respective departments seams to know...

north flyer
30th Jan 2017, 04:01
Praise Jebus, info is recent for GB passport holder on a 30 day tourist visa.
But yes, rules do change all the time.
Was your buddy on a 90 day visa? They have different rules applied to them.
Australian passport holders should have unlimited renewals on multi entry 30 day tourist visa - renewable from days 31-39.

Praise Jebus
30th Jan 2017, 04:27
NF the visa was 30 day and had been renewed twice to reach 90 days. Caveat emptor...