PDA

View Full Version : hour building in Middle East

SierraVictor
24th Jan 2017, 10:24
Hi guys,

I would like to know if anyone can advice me any place not far from Dubai to do hour building with an affordable price. I don't mind to travel to any country close by for it. I have been checking Fujeirah AA but it is that expensive that makes more sense to get an id90 and travel to Spain to do some hours. All the info will be welcome. Cheers

pfvspnf
24th Jan 2017, 11:06
Not possible in the UAE, airspace too busy, Emirates aviation services is an option also very expensive . Not worth it

andy148
24th Jan 2017, 13:17
Hey,
I'm currently flying with Emirates Aviation Services out of DWC. They charge around AED1000 an hour for students, not sure what they charge for hour building. It seems to be more of a school than a flying club where you can rent planes etc.

Theres a microlight school in RAK, its small but I've heard people talking about it and they say the prices are quite reasonable.

SierraVictor
26th Jan 2017, 19:03
Thank you for the advice man. I checked that club in RAK (Al Jazira) and the prices are fine but the thing is as they just have microlights, I am quite sure you can't log those hours for training purposes.I mean that they don't count as a PIC hours to do your CPL later on.

pfvspnf
26th Jan 2017, 19:27
Why would you do this in the UAE? There are so many places in the world where you can do it for a lot lot cheaper and the flying environment in the UAE isn't very challenging , it's all controlled airspace , weather is sunny everyday , long long runways , where's the fun in that ?!