PDA

View Full Version : Where did it all go wrong?

Chewthecrude
18th Jan 2017, 18:12
George Best (one of the most talented footballers ever) recalled how he had been going out with (another) Miss World and took her out to the horse races. They won over £5,000 and went back to their hotel room. They started counting the money on the bed when a waiter arrived to bring them the champagne that they had ordered.

The waiter looked at Miss World, the cash littered all over the the bed, the expensive champagne and said to Best: “George, where did it all go wrong?”

I'm not sure of the moral of this story but after seeing so many people leaving and many with no jobs to go to (and many more just trying to get out) and now our new "early" roster publication of which shows no resemblance to the bidding that so many carefully and painstankingly spent hours working on with no satisfaction of their bid in their returned roster....

CM & Mr M...EK "where did it all go wrong?" & why is it getting worse?

harry the cod
18th Jan 2017, 20:20
What bid system are you using to spend painstaking hours on? Shouldn't need more than 10 minutes absolute max, maybe little more on top two months. We only get 5 friggin choices most of the time FFS so what on earth are you doing, trying to be too specific maybe? Generic bids is the way to go....then unwind on the course or down the pub!

A mate of mine is forever bleating about roster satisfaction and getting nothing he bids for. Often in his bottom two months strangely enough......

Harry

Nikita81
18th Jan 2017, 23:25
It started when someone coined the phrase "if you don't like it leave"
Now people are leaving and they're stuck not knowing what to do to redress the situation.
Hahaha:) Very true!

Be careful what you wish for...

Chewthecrude
19th Jan 2017, 02:32
Sorry Harry

Minutes or hours...it really hasn't worked at all for next month for a huge amount of people. By the sheer no of certain trips some will be happy but not many. Mine are generic and not bottom bids. Nothing.

I'm sure that they think we will whinge whatever but I think with this months roster issue we have more right than ever

The Outlaw
19th Jan 2017, 03:18
Harry,

You've missed the point. No one is complaining about how time consuming or complicated the bidding system is but rather how useless it is as a bidding system for the pilots anyway.