PDA

View Full Version : airmiss

alpha control
7th Jul 2002, 23:04
Seems to me chaps, that civvys are having an awful lot of incidents (Bristol, channel, manchester ( just the ones we know about). Maybe you should just let the military controllers do the job.

Expeditedescent
7th Jul 2002, 23:19
And then an airmiss wouldn't be news...just an everyday occurrence :)

Chilli Monster
8th Jul 2002, 06:58
alpha

From other comments I can guess you're FC - isn't that the world where the word 'Control' is an oxymoron :D

My experience of your branch is that you have no understanding of what happens outside your little (and getting smaller alll the time) empire - your comments just re-inforce that. Must be nice to be an anchronism in this day and age ;)

CM

left outer, right inner
8th Jul 2002, 09:25
Wow

He has been comprehensively shot down in a ball of flames ;)Good FC then! Nice

LORI

foo fighting
8th Jul 2002, 10:32
alpha control,

At last, a RAF controller with a sense of humour, my I laughed so much at your thread I nearly fell over my civvy salary.

Have you got any more cracking jokes you would like to share with us?

Oh, by the way, it may seem to the amateur that we have ' an awful lot of incidents' but then we do work an awful lot of planes i.e. not 3

Must go before i pee myself

FF

:D :D :D :D

Cuddles
8th Jul 2002, 17:55
Alpha.

I have thought about what I'm going to say in this thread, and I strongly advise you to do the same the next time you post.

All you're doing is further alienating yourself from the people who are there to KEEP THE TIN FROM HITTING THE TIN.

That's what we do, that's all we do, and we're very good at it. Your Tornadoes may be very fast and noisy, but if they drive into an airliner, and they've come 4KING CLOSE on numerous occasions, then the publicity and fallout is not going to give the boys in blue a glowing report. After all isn't a proper Mil controller presently facing a negligence charge for the Ben Macdui incident? I understand he's getting little support from his employer.....

We do have airproxes, but they happen rarely, true, there was the terrible collision over Switzerland last week, and airproxes may be getting a little more media attention at the moment because of that tragic incident, but if you were to take one day in the world of Civil and Military Air Traffic, and report to the public the respective numbers of the levelbusts, the losses of separation, the emergencies and failures (Isn't almost every 7700 you see a mil a/c?) you'd find that peoples perception of the RAF being there for OUR PROTECTION may begin to change.

I end with a quote from the 'Fighter controllers looking to switch to the civilian side' thread

"I recall an incident involving Neatishead who had (allegedly) agreed to stop off at a lower level against ScATCC(Mil) traffic.

After the level had been bust, the conversation went something like ....

<Neat> "Neatishead"
<ScMil> "Scottish Mil, requesting co-ordination"
<Neat> "Go ahead"
<ScMil> "Next time you do that, I'm going to jump in the car, drive down the A1, and PUNCH YOUR ****ING LIGHTS OUT - OK?"
<Neat> "............................co-ordination agreed" <click> "

I'd keep your head down if I were you.

Avoiding Action
8th Jul 2002, 18:12
Alpha - Stop baiting them - they always bite...

Cuddles - I can't blame you for your response, but that's three times that story of the (alledged) co-ordination incident has appeared on this forum in the last week or so - the record's wearing thin now. Don't get me started on inflexible controllers (both civilian and military) who appear to be unsafe and make my life hell. I could go on for hours, even with my relatively short career......:rolleyes:

To all you ATC bods out there: Please don't tar all FCs with the same brush as those who have nothing better to do in the evenings than post controversial, and frankly pointless, banter on these forums - most of us are very professional - those few of you that have visited a CRC recently will have seen that...

Sits awaiting incoming..........

AA

zkdli
8th Jul 2002, 19:23
I remember fighter controllers, there used to be one in the eighties that we called the fighter controller who could coordinate!!:D

She was very good :) :)