PDA

View Full Version : February EK Rosters out!

Sheikh Your Bootie
18th Jan 2017, 07:33
Not sure if someone at the bouncy castle hit the wrong button, but I have my Feb roster :ok::ok: via e mail. Nothing I bid for but what to do.

Well hurrah for once!

SyB :zzz::zzz:

donpizmeov
18th Jan 2017, 07:41
Nothing for me yet.

touch&go
18th Jan 2017, 07:51
Good tactic, send you a roster, you report in on Ppurne, bingo they know who you are, it reminds me of what the local cable tv company did many years ago, they knew a load of boxes where altered to get all the channels for free, they sent all the illegal boxes a message saying you had won a prize, the dumb people phoned the company to collect the prize, all got a visit from the law.

donpizmeov
18th Jan 2017, 07:56
I think we have just found a whole new level of paranoia.

lospilotos
18th Jan 2017, 08:22
Don't worry it's even on iCrew and the portal

Spoogie
18th Jan 2017, 08:47
Let us all give a big round of applause to the rostering department for a JOB WELL DONE!! Show some appreciation....it may just mean that someone has tried to make a change:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It also proves that it was possible all along. Let the system work how it should and stop the manipulation.

moneyhoon
18th Jan 2017, 09:10
Nice to have the roster as soon as it's built thanks EK rostering.

sluggums
18th Jan 2017, 09:12
It's all well and good, but who got what they bid for? I know I and a lot of others didn't.

The.Humble.Guy
18th Jan 2017, 09:14
I agree. I didn't get what I bid for but I DID get my roster early. THAT I am thankful for.

Xulu
18th Jan 2017, 09:20
Cabin Crew have received rosters as well.

Must be a change in tact, or maybe just because they're being watched for productivity.

Spoogie
18th Jan 2017, 09:43
Certainly better than getting it late and NOT getting your bid. (just trying for some positive energy amidst the forces we face)

BLOGGSON
18th Jan 2017, 09:49
To be fair to them, they did say at the last forum that they were working on an earlier publication date. Fair dinkum.

pilotguy1222
18th Jan 2017, 10:10
Glad to see this change, and hope it stays this was!! Only got 1 flight that I bid for.

fliion
18th Jan 2017, 10:43
Early & two layovers I requested.

A sliver of light perhaps.

donpizmeov
18th Jan 2017, 10:44
777 Rosters looking much better than the 380 ones in Feb.

sluggums
18th Jan 2017, 12:33
What he said...

desertbob
18th Jan 2017, 12:35
worst roster ever, 7 days off ... again with TAs till the cows come home

TangoUniform
18th Jan 2017, 14:35
Me too. Eight days off and five AD manual insertions. Sweet....not!

A6EchoEchoUniform
18th Jan 2017, 14:49
Roster is out. Got nothing that I wanted.

100.0 hours, exactly.

At least I get to visit BOM on four separate occasions. :mad:

glofish
18th Jan 2017, 16:40
No complaints here. If this is an intended improvement, then it's very welcome!

jack schidt
19th Jan 2017, 02:41
Seniority wise I am in the top 7% of the company pilots, I am in the top 2 bid groups for Feb. I didn't get 1 trip I bid for! Roster bidding is clearly to give you a moment of hope and nothing more.

J

troff
19th Jan 2017, 03:38
Not sure if someone at the bouncy castle hit the wrong button, but I have my Feb roster :ok::ok: via e mail. Nothing I bid for but what to do.

Well hurrah for once!

SyB :zzz::zzz:

Hurrah, and we all got nothing we bid for.

troff
19th Jan 2017, 03:52
I agree. I didn't get what I bid for but I DID get my roster early. THAT I am thankful for.

So that's great. You now have more time to re-organize your life around your crappy schedule. Personally, I'd like it at the last minute if I could count on getting something remotely close, but now I have freighters and USA when I asked for just a couple of days off and Asia. It just stinks. If CM wants to know WTF is wrong with his project and how to fix it and soon, dump this present bidding program and at least give the boys and girls a little bit of what they want to fly. That will be a good start after dealing with the usual suspects. This project by EH was supposed to be "cost neutral" but it's so bad that it's driving some out of the company even when they don't have another job to go to! Hardly cost neutral. It's costing the company heaps!

troff
19th Jan 2017, 03:55
So really strange roster (bottom bid month!)
- Nothing I bid for, not even remotely to the same part of the world!
- Got a block of 5 days off - Thanks much appreciated
- Slightly less than 80 hours - but then again i'm on max hours anyway so couldn't do too much anyway!!

So they got it out early but sounds like many did not get quite what they wanted! Suppose eswap will be frantic again!

Duh back to the drawing board you rostering / planning chaps! Could do better! Try taking some notice of what people are saying at the roster planning workshop - seniority in all bid groups / unlimited preference bids / unlimited request bids / unlimited days off bids / bid to avoid - in fact everything we used to be able to do thanks !!

Hear hear!

The Turtle
19th Jan 2017, 04:04
they don't give a toss about our roster satisfaction...

but by giving it to us earlier, some with less hours, it allows more time for us to swap up the mess

the ball is in our court, as it were

in a way, if this is the 'new norm' I get it. why use the scheduling grinder to create sub-standard rosters for most....let the lazy pilots figure it out

Whairdhugo
19th Jan 2017, 08:44
Got what I bid for AND it's out in a timely manner. Hell hath frozen over. :D

donpizmeov
21st Jan 2017, 06:14
No one sacked SS. And yes they could have been published a lot earlier for years. Even with the past system.