PDA

View Full Version : EK to LAX: EK215/216/217/218

A6EchoEchoUniform
14th Jan 2017, 02:23
For six months, I have been trying to get the opportunity to fly EK215/216, and more recently, EK217/218, all to LAX. I've had no success. Any suggestions for actually getting these flights on my roster? Are they ordinarily flown by a group other than us line pilots (maybe training??)?

I have a friend who has a newborn baby and lives in Hollywood that I'd like to see, therefore my desire to get to LAX. Figured I'd have some success getting one of the flights out there, but I figured wrong!

harry the cod
14th Jan 2017, 03:37
Two suggestions if I may.

Firstly, speak to the CRS bidding guys. Every month the Company informs you of the date and location where they're available and they can go through your bidding strategy. They're very helpful and may highlight errors in your bid that you're not aware of.

Secondly, specific questions like this are better suited to our own closed group.

Good luck with the bid.

Harry

what_goes_up
14th Jan 2017, 04:29
Make sure that you are on the Master List (or whatever it's called) for US flights. It's a manual process to get you on there and sometimes they forget.

A6EchoEchoUniform
14th Jan 2017, 04:37
Make sure that you are on the Master List (or whatever it's called) for US flights. It's a manual process to get you on there and sometimes they forget.

Interesting point. I used to get USA flights all the time. Recently, I don't get them anymore. I'll double check.

Marcellus Wallace
14th Jan 2017, 05:03
Passport validity of more than 6 months for most nationalities.

Saltaire
14th Jan 2017, 06:03
EK 215 is desirable and occasionally a training flight. EK217 shouldn't be too difficult being the less desirable. Focus and bid on the 217 if you're that keen.

B-HKD
14th Jan 2017, 08:31
EK217/8 will be back to B77L effective March 26.

speedbirdhopeful1
14th Jan 2017, 09:29
You've given no info on seniority/fleet/rank. Assuming it's 380. I have never got a US trip via preferences on the new system even bidding USA. It's crap. Have got a LA trip once only a request in top bid and seniority below 100. Never had an issue on the old system.. go figure! Meanwhile I see fairly new joiners going to all the best destinations regularly..
Before anyone asks, CRS guys said it's been fairly similar for everyone

alwayzinit
15th Jan 2017, 04:32
I was in a similar position trying to get SEA, to catch up with an EK escapee!!.

The moment I stopped actually bidding I get 3 in 3 months!! :ugh:

The current bid system is merely an exercise in occupational therapy, in my experience.