PDA

View Full Version : EC135 Training ATO recommendations

liomessi
13th Jan 2017, 15:20
Hello ppruners,

I am new to the forum.
I would really appreciate any feedback or information about where to do an EC135 rating. I have contacted Starspeed and Bond (Babcock), both in the UK, and a couple others in other European countries.

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

tu154
13th Jan 2017, 16:18
Do you have a job? Might be some openings within Babcock after the type rating, and if they like you. Might.

Lude-og
13th Jan 2017, 16:24
I'm also interested to hear of any positive stories for civvy trained people who have self-financed a TR with Babcock etc and who have ultimately found some employment on the 135.
I understand that this might not have been the case lately!

liomessi
13th Jan 2017, 17:38
Thanks tu154.
Im unemployed at present and this is why Im doing this TR. I have previous ME experience and hoping that having this new type will open more doors. Ofcourse, once I have the ec135 they can always say: "...yes you have previous ME experience but no hours on the 135..."
very difficult situation but what is one to do!

hueyracer
14th Jan 2017, 11:31
IŽd recommend Life Flight in Bonn...they have access to the ADAC simulator.....

I have done training with them myself in the past.....
Home [LifeFlight] (http://www.lifeflight.de/en/Startseite)

haihio
14th Jan 2017, 14:08
About 3 years ago I did my 135 and IR with Bond at Gloucester, they are very good, it's all high quality instruction. The courses and staff are also top class.
The chief pilot for the Hems work, is an ex British army pilot and ,as I saw it happen in front of my eyes, as his friends that have just retired from the army go through the course to get their civilian license if there is an opening they are the first ones to get the job.
I suppose it normal human behavior, I would also probably hire my friends or people I have worked with for a long time rather than someone new.

Luckily I still work as a helicopter pilot some where else but my ir and 135 rating expired a few years ago.

haihio
14th Jan 2017, 14:09
I visited starspeed once also about three years ago and they also look very professional.

Hedski
14th Jan 2017, 14:25
Given current vacancies at Bond I'd suggest approaching them first with the thought of a job at the end if you're a familiar face to them.....

liomessi
14th Jan 2017, 18:40
Thank you all for your helpfyl posts. At the moment I feel Bond would be a better option as they have a sim and Starspeed don't. If extra training is required, it will be cheaper. Life Flight in Germany are a lot more expensive than anywhere else I have asked...

hueyracer
15th Jan 2017, 06:56
Interesting to know they are expensive..

Just make sure that all costs are included in your quotes....some companies give you the price for the training only, but exclude the checkride (which can be an additional 5000 Euro on top..)...

Good luck!

Thud_and_Blunder
15th Jan 2017, 15:43
You might find they don't want to be called 'Bond' any more. They certainly don't like being called BabMishCritCock (Unsure) either, for some reason... :cool:

FloricaH135
14th Feb 2019, 11:55
Hello

Do you know other H135 ATO for a IR-skill test, other than ADAC, Babcock or Starspeed ?
I want to have as many options as possible.
Thanks