PDA

View Full Version : Wataniya Airways

newscaster
12th Jan 2017, 18:53
Making a comeback Wataniya Airways (http://www.wataniyaairways.com/)

k.swiss
12th Jan 2017, 20:29
Flights to UK in an A320?.. It can be done, but why? :(

Airmann
13th Jan 2017, 06:46
Why are you excited about this? What is so special about this airline?

ironbutt57
13th Jan 2017, 08:55
The Braniff of the GCC

safelife
13th Jan 2017, 11:30
Ideal time not to start an airline.

PanAmFalcon
13th Jan 2017, 21:12
Even gf sometimes operates their 320 to lhr . There is some wiggle room for them since they know what not to do

ironbutt57
14th Jan 2017, 18:22
BA did, or does operate the 319 across the pond, AA run 321 to Hawaii, one does not need to be in a wide body to operate medium distance flights...

Just_landed
9th Mar 2017, 16:31
they are searching for pilots 320. I am one amongst the ones to be invited to join. but the way they are running the entire comeback thing, things arent looking very coordinated and pleasant...any info or updates on actual status of the airline?

smooth24
9th Mar 2017, 20:26
i think they are getting ready to resume operations by mid 2017. I hear its new management and new everything , different from the past .

asiawings
30th Mar 2017, 01:54
According to info i have Wataniya will launch with 2 A320's in May. Initial ground training to start in April. All seems a bit odd given they have nothing open for sale and no routes confirmed. Even their website still says nothing really.

They also have only settled 96% of their debts (from media reports) and have not settled previous debts to previous employees. That all appears to be a big risk in addition to a very dishonest approach.

Kuwaiti law requires that certain debts be settled before being allowed to operate so anyone looking to join this company should ask the right questions. Seems to me that given their debtors, there's a risk their plane could be impounded as soon as it leaves Kuwait and lands in another country.

They are claiming to be government backed. Who knows...?

They also claim to have a "good to go" from the Kuwaiti DGCA.

Ask the right questions and seek assurances before joining this organisation. A lot of people were burned last time around and are still burning.

newscaster
6th Apr 2017, 08:24
Why are you excited about this? What is so special about this airline?

Isn't this a Middle East Aviation discussions forum?

asiawings
4th May 2017, 01:02
.2 day , 10 day, 2 day , 10 days is the story they keep chanting.
NO No No Do NOT JOIN, better go to anywhere but not here. & if you made the mistake then be ready for the burned hands veryyyyyy soon.

Roaming_pilot you seem to be on the inside? I've been trying to get some more reliable information about their launch plan which is now well overdue based on the last i was told by their agency.

What does the 10 days, 2 days refer to?

I believe they will launch. They've thrown money at it to brush the dust off again. I do not know if they have actually acquired aircraft yet nor do i know anyone else who has joined or is joining.

They do seem to have been recruiting cabin crew from the Philippines based on local ads.

asiawings
13th May 2017, 23:33
Perhaps the strongest confirmation that the launch is both inevitable and soon approaching is the "leak" on friday of several photos and videos of the aircraft and cabin etc.

I have attached one image here for those following. A ch-aviation article last week (8th May) also suggested the airline was still intending to launch late Q2.

asiawings
22nd May 2017, 12:50
Kuwait's Wataniya Airways plans to commence services to the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina later this year. Sarajevo Airport has confirmed it is in talks with the private carrier which will resume flying from Kuwait City to the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia this summer, after it terminated all operations in 2011, two years following its launch.

EX-YU Aviation News: Wataniya Airways plans Sarajevo service (http://www.exyuaviation.com/2017/05/wataniya-airways-plans-sarajevo-service.html)

They still don't settle debts. Perspective joiners should still be cautious.

asiawings
2nd Jun 2017, 01:13
Kuwaiti carrier Wataniya Airways hopes to resume operations this summer after a six-year absence.

The airline is to use the Airbus A320 for its services; a pair of 2014-vintage aircraft, MSNs 6080 and 6116, are about to enter its fleet.

Both units are owned by Air Arabia, according to Airfinance Journal’s Fleet Tracker.

Last year Wataniya Airways listed the UAE, Egypt, India, Pakistan, Iran and Iraq as destinations for its first year of resumed operations. In the subsequent year it said it would target Lebanon, Jordan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland and Spain.

Local media say Wataniya is awaiting approval from the Kuwaiti Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).

https://airfinancejournal.com/articles/3569577/wataniya-airways-eyes-summer-relaunch

Roaming_pilot
17th Jun 2017, 09:55
yes sounds funny but true headed by a fat Joker COO..who is here counting his last days, thrown in a tiny shoe rack office room , just fixing ways to get as much money by fooling people.

best of luck for 2018.

pfvspnf
17th Jun 2017, 10:52
Very bad time to be starting anything in the region , only upside is that Kuwait airways is a joke

airborneksa
17th Jun 2017, 16:56
Head of HR in Wataniya is a Joke!

pfvspnf
18th Jun 2017, 08:03
Salary very low. Seems like a Mickey Mouse operation to me

Roaming_pilot
18th Jun 2017, 09:12
head of HR is really pain..in wrong place. Everyone there is just pleasing that person. huh :mad::ugh: company won't work with that person, even if does will cripple and die.

RIP.:suspect:

asiawings
18th Jun 2017, 13:13
Launching when? Seems a few launch timelines have been and gone already...
Long list of ex employees still waiting their legal settlements too.

airborneksa
18th Jun 2017, 14:30
head of HR is really pain..in wrong place. Everyone there is just pleasing that person. huh :mad::ugh: company won't work with that person, even if does will cripple and die.

RIP.:suspect:

absolutely spot on:D Diva of wataniya :E Even if they take off they are destined to fail again and once again without paying outstanding dues.

asiawings
19th Jun 2017, 00:06
Seems they have an AOC now...

KUNA : Wataniya Airways to operate at Kuwait Airport - Transport - 19/06/2017 (http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2619760&language=en)

Roaming_pilot
19th Jun 2017, 05:28
Diva. REALLY frustrated egoistic ,off Aviation head.

asiawings
23rd Jun 2017, 00:49
First aircraft arrived at Kuwait. Company stays mute on settling their debts to former employees and creditors.

KUNA : Wataniya Airways commissions its 1st Airbus - Communications - 23/06/2017 (http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2620333&language=en)

asiawings
2nd Jul 2017, 06:50
Interesting article - looks like a leak from Tbilisi authorities: Agenda.ge - Georgia-Kuwait start direct flights (http://agenda.ge/news/82564/eng)

Not much time to sell and seats since no website open yet and still a lot of debts to settle.

asiawings
21st Aug 2017, 03:53
For anyone still considering a move here, this airline still got long ways to go.

They have no money, those of you who have contracts don't believe our severance and anything else will be paid out. Wataniya not even using its own bank accounts.

A management of deception. Stay away. If you don't believe me ask for yourself to DFO and HR.

Roaming_pilot
6th Sep 2017, 13:56
it is a bloody sad place to work where HR asks you your religion and promises are like babies easy to make difficult to deliver.....look at their uniforms , pilots epaulets are almost having their threads coming out already within 2 months of stupid sectors.
COO a fat joker. who does know anything just asks favors , that's what all he is.

asiawings
18th Oct 2017, 07:33
Most disingenuous company ever now about to lease another 320 in on wet lease for a few months

asiawings
16th Nov 2017, 06:01
deal signs to add 25 NEO's. KUNA : Wataniya Airways to add 25 A320neo Family aircraft - Transport - 14/11/2017 (http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2660482&language=en)

They can't attract new crew. They still don't use their official bank accounts so no money or funding in wataniya's names. Lots of questions about this disingenuous company still not settled its debts. Flying to bahrain with 20 passengers - who needs 25 neo's for what? Get out whilst you can and don't come in if you are thinking about it.

pfvspnf
16th Nov 2017, 12:30
Bosses are ex ABY? That can ever be good

bafanguy
16th Nov 2017, 13:40
They can't attract new crew. They still don't use their official bank accounts so no money or funding in wataniya's names. Lots of questions about this disingenuous company still not settled its debts. Flying to bahrain with 20 passengers - who needs 25 neo's for what? Get out whilst you can and don't come in if you are thinking about it.

Not to worry. Someone will be along shortly to ask how to get a flying job there ! ;)

SANDPITHOLDING
17th Nov 2017, 10:59
They are using Proctor as agency....such a great choice, I doubt they will ever really operate decently.

Python27
17th Nov 2017, 11:22
Proctor was hiring for Oman Air one year ago. Let's say that.... My friends had a hard time with them

Tango23
18th Nov 2017, 00:57
Guys anybody has an idea what their package is for first officers?

Plus, I assume they have no nightstops, do they?

asiawings
3rd Dec 2017, 22:42
Another blog her in Kuwait says that arrest warrant/warrants have been issued for people in charge of this airline. Too many debtors chasing wataniya i guess.

Wonder if theres any truth to it all. Unless they start to pay and clear there name could be the shortest comeback for an airline ever.

Get out whilst if you can.

asiawings
19th Mar 2018, 13:40
Check your own sources guys. the warrant was allegedly issued and the chairman could go to prison for not settling the previous debts.

watch this space. wataniya about to go under again :ugh: