PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka Flying School Info?

jetsetter
7th Jul 2002, 17:43
Hello everybody….just want to get some guide on professional flying training course at Sri Lanka. I heard there are two main flying school over there..situated at Ratnamala airport…just south of Colombo city. I read a short articles about the schools in a magazine…

The school names are …Asian Aviation Centre and Asian Academy of Aeronautics aka by Sky Cabs. Both schools follow the UKCAA ground and flying syllabus…so I think it will be easier for converting their license to countries that are following the UK CAA…
Currently there are students doing the CPL/IR course from countries like Bangladesh, Maldives, Malaysia and Singapore and of course from Sri Lanka…

So…does anybody been to these schools to do training….i seriously need their feedback and experiences regarding these schools. Also how much it cost to do the training over in Sri Lanka…I know it will be a lot cheaper than other countries…

Hope to hear from you all….thank you…and opps..sorry for the language!!!!

a pilot
18th Jul 2002, 23:50
I am not sure if u r looking to fly or to fly in sri lanka,to fly for fun or maybe as a pro,I visited there years ago and I doubt u getting it done at such a small country with not much aviation competition!what do u want,how much money can u spend etc. r some questions.given the example of flying in the usa at a non approved school part 61-not for tourists;30$ an hour for an instructor 60$ an hour for a small trainer;u can cut 10$ on each by shopping arround-80$ medical 80$ written test,300$ ground instuction and books,300$ examiner fee,no landing fees,no airport or atc or weather fees.minimum hours 40 20 dual. Average-double that. All that said if u find an honest school,instuctor,examiner and decent planes.If u have language problems,other problems-you can double your expenses.The usa example is almost the cheapest way to do it.going to other countries-worth checking nz,australia south africa,any place with a long tradition and some competition between the schools.remember that the prices and times schools advertise are minimums and many students or schools run out of money before the deal is done.KEEP LOOKING,FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!