PDA

View Full Version : Rod Scott - Deceased

Michael Gee
7th Jan 2017, 07:01
Rod passed away at home in Sheffield RIP

ericferret
7th Jan 2017, 10:57
Served with with Rod in Germany 75/76, sorry to hear this news.

https://paradata.org.uk/people/rod-scott

helicopter-redeye
7th Jan 2017, 11:12
I had a knock at the door a few years ago. Smartly dressed chap in blazer, slacks, etc. "Heard you are a helicopter pilot. Put the kettle on..tea, biscuits and we can talk..." as he neatly sidestepped me and headed for the lounge.... Rod.:rolleyes: Can't remember who gave him my address.

JimL
7th Jan 2017, 13:45
Very sad - I had several discussions with Rob just before Christmas but was not aware of any recent medical condition.

Rob acted as the nexus for friends and mutual acquaintances (not just for me but for most he served with) - mainly from 2 Para but also the AAC. Periodically, he would ring and bring me up to date on where everyone was and what they were doing. Those calls always lasted 59 minutes!

Just over a year ago we were discussing his extensive photo record of (our) time in 2 Para, how to preserve it and make it available for others to see. My guess is that he had not done that at the time of his demise; hopefully, it will be preserved and provided for others to use.

He was certainly colourful!

Jim

hihover
7th Jan 2017, 14:09
There's no doubt about that Jim, he was certainly colourful.

Tam Macklin

MightyGem
7th Jan 2017, 19:50
Sad news. Remember him from his TA visits to Detmold. He could talk for Britain.

Sanus
9th Jan 2017, 08:14
One of the last mavericks who had an absolute contempt of all structured authority.

RIP Rod.

CyclicRick
9th Jan 2017, 15:13
The name seems familiar, was he SQN QHI with 653 in the early eighties? Did a stint with 230 Sqn RAF after that?

Johnnie214
30th May 2017, 19:31
I hope you don't mind me posting in this forum, but I collect and research military items and recently bought a collection of items belonging to Rod Scott and was keen to talk to people who served with him.

I'd love to hear from anybody who served with him. I've found some information on line, but would very much like to hear more about his time in the forces.

Any help would be great.

Johnnie

ericferret
31st May 2017, 09:30
Can I ask did you acquire Rod's photo collection?

Johnnie214
31st May 2017, 12:34
Eric,

Many thanks for the reply. I did acquire some photos, but I don't think it was a main collection and the photos were more AAC rather that Para related.

The lot also included his flying helmet, log book, and other paperwork.