PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Licence Insurance

heckez
7th Jul 2002, 14:03
Any of you folks out there has any good or bad (so I won't even bother to call them up) recommendations for insurance companies that cover loss of licence?

Intruder
8th Jul 2002, 01:52
Harvey Watt has a program priced within reason. I don't know anything about their claims experience, though.

seat 0A
8th Jul 2002, 08:09
IFALPA has a policy, if you`re a union member.

gkingaby
8th Jul 2002, 09:48
What part of the world you from heckez? Lot's of places to buy from in London (worth trying Crispin Speers & partners 0044 207 480 5083 - Lloyd's broker)

A-V-8R
8th Jul 2002, 15:48
I have ALPA's plan - got it late in life so my benefits are capped at 2400 dollars a month; at 52 my rates are 80 bucks or so monthly.

Harvey Watts has several plans. One of the most attractive I thought is a Mortgage payoff plan if you lose your medical.

www.harveywatt.com

I think the key here is to recognise that LOL insurance is not there to give a payout. Instead, you are retaining the very best of Doctors and Lawyers to get your medical back, and these are people who have lots of ways to do it legally.

I think there are 3 kinds of medicals in the US, but I could be wrong. The first is the normal FAA, then the normal FAA with waviers, and then the special medical.

I would surmise that most of these LOL plans eventually get you a special medical, one where you demonstrate either physically or thru testing that you can do the job safely.

Steptoe
9th Jul 2002, 10:58
Try Marsh (Lloyd's broker). Contact Peter Somers on 020 7357 5339