PDA

View Full Version : Another nail in the EK coffin

DuneMentat
28th Dec 2016, 13:28
So all office staff got an email today stating that with immediate effect the interest free car loan is no longer available (current loans not affected).

How fitting they didn't wanna divulge that information to us even though we're affected by that change to the ERM (C4-4).

anson harris
28th Dec 2016, 13:42
Look on the bright side (I know...): it's one less thing to tie you to a life of penal servitude in the Middle East.

littlejet
28th Dec 2016, 17:37
nail in the coffin...don't be dramatic...what was it, 70k one-off...decent dealers offer way better deals

777boyindubai
28th Dec 2016, 17:45
It is yet another change for the worse. "The money isn't great but you need to look at the WHOLE package!" That was the old mantra. By itself, not huge news, but added to redundancies, delayed aircraft deliveries and poor earnings, it is obvious things will get worse and worse in 2017.

Cantbebothered
28th Dec 2016, 19:44
I think the 'nail in the coffin' would be the day Costa stops giving discounted coffee downstairs!!!:E:ok::ugh:

Mr Good Cat
28th Dec 2016, 21:34
I think the 'nail in the coffin' would be the day Costa stops giving discounted coffee downstairs!!!:E:ok::ugh:

The costa which gives 25% discount on a 20 Dirham coffee which costs the company (who own the UAE franchise) about 10 fils to produce accounting for ingredients and labour. I was guilty as the rest for buying from there but that is the biggest scam going, along with all the EK families buying overpriced trash from the Emirates store (also guilty I admit)...

EDIT: Don't forget you're not allowed to be seen with that Costa coffee unless you are sat down with hat removed and jacket unbuttoned (uniform manual regs)

Safe drinking 👍☕️

springbok449
29th Dec 2016, 02:09
Well of course back in the day the "70K free loan" would buy you a new car so it was actually quite a deal but just like every other aspect of our package it hasn't gone up with the rest of the cost of living so colleagues don't really see it as a big deal if its taken away...
For me its just another decrease in our overall package.

fatbus
29th Dec 2016, 03:39
Typical EK pilot self induced drama.

White Knight
29th Dec 2016, 03:57
Typical EK pilot self induced drama.

Couldn't agree more:}

Back in the day springbok it was only around 50k - and the only new car you could buy with that would have been hobbit sized...

TwinJock
29th Dec 2016, 04:01
Another nail in the EK coffin

Really??????

Dropp the Pilot
29th Dec 2016, 04:44
Actually, back in the day it was 30,000 dirhams. 833 dirham salary deduction monthly for three years which was 6% of my extravagant salary.

White Knight
29th Dec 2016, 04:49
Just showing your age Dropp:ok:

felixthecat
29th Dec 2016, 05:09
Whilst I agree its not the biggest thing in the world, and others may just shrug their shoulders, it is part of a greater picture. Terms and conditions are on the slide and this is yet another small erosion of the original package.

As an iceberg heads south it melts slowly from the outside in, hardly noticed until it is all but gone

Yarra
29th Dec 2016, 06:26
Things change, this is one of them. Small beer really. Future changes will be more significant in 2017....

White Knight
29th Dec 2016, 07:22
Well go on then Yarra..... What are these 'significant changes'? Or is this just guesswork on your part?

Yarra
29th Dec 2016, 07:44
guesswork on where they will start...changes are required to cut the fat..inefficient systems (over 900 IT systems alone)....

Praise Jebus
29th Dec 2016, 07:56
Small change or not it's still another change and not for the better...that's the only thing that hasn't changed...

Fuel-Off
29th Dec 2016, 08:09
Is this just to office staff? Have pilots been targeted with this too? I haven't received said email!

Fuel-Off :ok:

Yarra
29th Dec 2016, 08:27
Back of office and systems...big broom required.....

still here
30th Dec 2016, 06:25
big changes are needed, not just for EK, Dubai and the rest of the UAE are heading for another major crash, look around, building projects are on hold everywhere, there has been a lot of bad investment in all sectors, it is common knowledge that EK are in a real mess, along with all the other UAE airlines. I am not suggesting we should accept a cut in our contracted packages, but there is going to be much bigger changes coming than your car loans.

fatbus
30th Dec 2016, 15:57
Hiring freeze everywhere except pilots. Look out below. Zero growth. Pilot hiring to offset attrition. 92+ to stay. OT is cheap. If you don't like it leave is still the mantra.

gatbusdriver
30th Dec 2016, 16:03
I guess only another 999 nails to go before people really up sticks?

Divertnow
2nd Jan 2017, 07:54
Hiring freeze everywhere except pilots. Look out below. Zero growth. Pilot hiring to offset attrition. 92+ to stay. OT is cheap. If you don't like it leave is still the mantra.

Where did this latest treat come from?

pilotguy1222
4th Jan 2017, 00:18
nail in the coffin...don't be dramatic...what was it, 70k one-off...decent dealers offer way better deals

Is the dealer paying you something? I didn't know you could do better than 0% interest on a loan.