PDA

View Full Version : Have EY ditched their CEO?

777boyindubai
20th Dec 2016, 17:35
https://global.handelsblatt.com/breaking/sources-etihad-to-ditch-ceo-james-hogan

safelife
20th Dec 2016, 21:29
Someone is pulling the plug there...

Dixi
21st Dec 2016, 02:15
I would add something....money can compensate the lack of experience up to a certain point where no matter how rich you are you need someone who has the knowledge and the EXPERIENCE to manage and lead...these people do not deserve any extra effort.
i was saying that one year ago...let me repeat myself
When money is not an issue it is easy to be a visionaire,when times get tough experience,leadership and competence make the difference...unfortunately employees have to afford the costs

pfvspnf
21st Dec 2016, 02:20
Mmm somebody going to the pricaples office soon

ironbutt57
21st Dec 2016, 03:51
the purse strings are tightening it seems..

Moony123
21st Dec 2016, 07:28
One can only hope!

fliion
21st Dec 2016, 08:11
I know it's not going to happen, but if Christoph has any sense he gets permission to take a ride to Abu Dhabi and sorts out a merger with the unmentionable out of DWC, name it Khalifa central - whatever.

High speed rail links to both downtowns check in centers.

We've been saying it for years - eating each other alive.

Amazing how much damage can be done by oversized egos.

Gulfstreamaviator
21st Dec 2016, 09:08
Gulf News.

DUBAI: Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways is reviewing its strategy of investing in European airlines and is seeking an exit in a shake-up that could lead to the departure of CEO James Hogan, company and industry sources told Reuters on Tuesday.
Etihad saw a strategy to take equity stakes in carriers like Air Berlin, Alitalia and Air Serbia as a way to expand its European network but losses have mounted with Air Berlin and Alitalia failing to turn a profit.
Etihad announced on Sunday it was cutting jobs, with local rival Emirates following a day later in reviewing its workforce as overcapacity and a stronger dollar squeeze earnings.Hogan’s expected departure, which could come within the next three months according to the sources, and the Etihad restructuring was first reported by German daily Handelsblatt, which cited several sources as saying Etihad wanted to start unwinding its European investments in January.

Glf

ExDubai
21st Dec 2016, 09:08
I know it's not going to happen, but if Christoph has any sense he gets permission to take a ride to Abu Dhabi and sorts out a merger with the unmentionable out of DWC, name it Khalifa central - whatever.

High speed rail links to both downtowns check in centers.

We've been saying it for years - eating each other alive.

Amazing how much damage can be done by oversized egos.
That's the problem...

h3dxb
21st Dec 2016, 09:36
All the efforts we have done, all the hard work could not improve. All the ideas and dreams, were not taken into consideration.

Now ? a new start or the same mess ?

H3DXB

plasticmerc
21st Dec 2016, 14:53
Now imagine that!

EK, E? and FZ operating as one!
That actually would be a sight to see.
A real hub and spoke machine.
Why would you have 3 airlines in one small country?
One side of airport for narrow bodies the other for wide bodies.
A match made in heaven. develop DWC into a world class world leading airport.

Airbus and Boeing won't be too happy as they would have a few orders cancelled.

Imagine the buying power of these airlines combined!

High speed rail or hyper loop connecting the whole country.
In a country the size of the UAE now is the opportunity to become a world leader in travel. ( I guess you could say the next frontier).
Connect the world by air and the country by a modern rail system.
The money saved from buying hundreds of these shiny new jets could help pay for it!

Improve your country, make a long lasting infrastructure something that will out live most of us both here in the UAE and on this earth.
Build more solar plants and use the vast areas of land available and presto you have a cleaner greener country.
If the metro was all over the UAE wouldn't the road congestion improve?

Does the UAE really need 3 airlines and so many jets flying the same destinations a hundred times a day? I say no.
If I was a CEO of a major airline anywhere in the world I would fear the UAE 3 joining and becoming 1 entity.
I'm sure we would stop facing pilot/engineering and other shortages as well.

Just mt 2 cents/fils worth.

TOGA!
21st Dec 2016, 19:20
plasticmerc: BINGO

I have thought and said for years a crisis of some type will drive this to happen, is this the time? I am not sure as it would take 3 years minimum to have the airport ready and with expo 2020 looming not sure it can be done at the same time. We'll see.

Emma Royds
22nd Dec 2016, 06:37
The sad thing is each ruling family would probably rather see their own entity being run to ruins in lieu of any control being handed over to the other emirate.

The day the 'unmentionable' was conceived on paper was the death wish to having any degree of unity in aviation between the two emirates.

PanAmFalcon
22nd Dec 2016, 10:18
Why not call it Gulf Air and have Oman and Bahrain join the party.
You may be on to something here

Cantbebothered
22nd Dec 2016, 11:58
EK and EY will never merge. Too much ego involved.
Latest rumour I heard today was that +/-300 EK engineers are getting the boot (local and overseas). Its called 'restructuring'.
Next in line are the CCM's (also EK). A number was not defined for them but a few heads will be rolling.

ExDubai
22nd Dec 2016, 13:10
EK and EY will never merge. Too much ego involved.
Latest rumour I heard today was that +/-300 EK engineers are getting the boot (local and overseas). Its called 'restructuring'.
Next in line are the CCM's (also EK). A number was not defined for them but a few heads will be rolling.
Yepp agreed. Latest rumour in Germany is that AB's long haul business and AZ will go under the LH umbrella (debt free) and EY will get some shares in LH. Similar like the IAG Group and QR.

striker26
22nd Dec 2016, 14:07
EY is in a very difficult position for the future and once DWC is up and operational, say goodbye to the people who consider AUH as an option unless they are actually from there as Dubai will have 3 airports to choose from (DWC, DXB and SHJ). Air Arabia / Fly Dubai got the LCC going and growing, QR moving along every airline ranking and has rapid expansion coming as well....tough times ahead!

notapilot15
22nd Dec 2016, 18:14
Completing DWC!!! Recent reports suggest bankers jacked up rates for latest $3B tranche, $33B more to go.

EY may be having trouble with its equity partners, but it is still a manageable airline with flexible fleet, unlike its morbidly obese cousin.

So much publicity for 1000-3000 layoffs.

fatbus
22nd Dec 2016, 21:14
26, I think you might find AUH still controls what goes on in the UAE . Not EK.

Jumeirah James
22nd Dec 2016, 22:17
He may have gone already:

Avionews.com | Airplanes. Newsflash: James Hogan left Etihad Airways (http://www.avionews.com/index.php?corpo=see_news_home.php&news_id=1200930&pagina_chiamante=index.php)

ODMEA
22nd Dec 2016, 22:59
Huh!
They had the model right with Gulf Air....ego's spoiled everything. Ah well back to consolidation it seems. One can but imagine the powerhouse Gulf Air would be today had all that resource invested in the big 3 gone into one entity...unstoppable.

ironbutt57
23rd Dec 2016, 04:48
Aus direct Europe, and India direct North America rumored to be increasing, things will be thinning out in the desert one might suspect

sunbird123
23rd Dec 2016, 09:54
Its easy to create a large airline if handed free money. Getting that airline to make money is much much more difficult.Even vanity airlines need to make a profit.With all the competition in the gulf its even getting harder.
If Iran gets all the aircraft its ordered,they will have a competitive advantage due to its position.Europe to Asia via teheran is nearly an hour shorter than going the gulf route.

luvly jubbly
23rd Dec 2016, 14:28
Its easy to create a large airline if handed free money. Getting that airline to make money is much much more difficult.Even vanity airlines need to make a profit.With all the competition in the gulf its even getting harder.
If Iran gets all the aircraft its ordered,they will have a competitive advantage due to its position.Europe to Asia via teheran is nearly an hour shorter than going the gulf route.

I'm afraid us Westerners love our alcohol waaaay too much to ever consider Iran Air. 🍺

Emma Royds
23rd Dec 2016, 21:37
There is plenty of alcohol in Iran. You just need to find it! :ok:

Dubaian
24th Dec 2016, 10:58
Emma - agreed. My best buy was a gallon of decent bootleg vodka for approx $20. But Schweppes Tonic was $15 per litre.

newscaster
24th Dec 2016, 15:59
He meant they want booze on their flights.

B-U-S-S
25th Dec 2016, 11:08
If they are clever in Iran they will also offer commuting contracts. This will attract many pilots from the gulf airlines.

CaptainProp
25th Dec 2016, 13:54
Getting pilots will never be a problem. Always enough out there willing to work for peanuts on any contract. If that was not the case pay in EK and EY would've been increased long time ago.

CP

luvly jubbly
25th Dec 2016, 14:49
If they are clever in Iran they will also offer commuting contracts. This will attract many pilots from the gulf airlines.

Anyone who has visited Iran since 2011 no longer qualifies for ESTA into USA.
I guess that might put plenty off.