PDA

View Full Version : Heli's in Africa

Omantis
19th Dec 2016, 15:34
Hi guys and girls.

I fly air ambulance in Canada and I taking a few months off to go backpack around southeast Africa(Rwanda, Uganda, Keny, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana and finally S.A.) and while I'm there I wanted to go and learn more about as many humanitarian and conservation related helicopter operators that fly in those fields.

If you could post or dm me with some names of outfits in any of those countries that would be appreciated....

Regards

Savanna Dry
20th Dec 2016, 09:31
For Botswana talk to Helicopter Horizons, Maun. They could help you. See their web site for contact details. A very slick, professional and friendly operation.

Trim Stab
21st Dec 2016, 06:57
Check out Everett Aviation in Kenya/Tanzania. Excellent, well run, hard-working company with great people. Their core role is offshore support now, but they have previously done humanitarian/conservation work too.

Omantis
24th Dec 2016, 01:06
cheers mate

750XL
15th Jan 2017, 16:21
Akagera Aviation based in Kigali are a very professional outfit, not very 'African' at all - much like most of Rwanda.

Home - Akagera Aviation (http://www.akageraaviation.com/)

PS- If you're passing through Uganda and want any tips (non aviation) let me know

4runner
15th Jan 2017, 19:03
They do keep bending metal....