PDA

View Full Version : Flt Lt E.T. Brunskill ?

Fonsini
11th Dec 2016, 22:23
Bit random, but I was browsing bits of old RAF kit for sale on Ebay and came across a Red Top missile Earth Probe of all things, accompanied by a photo of a very pretty and well cared for Lightning F.6 complete with the pilots name - one E.T. Brunskill.

Anyone know him or fly with him ?

Hawker Siddeley Red Top Missile - Earth probe - Ex RAF Lightning + Sea Vixen | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hawker-Siddeley-Red-Top-Missile-Earth-probe-Ex-RAF-Lightning-Sea-Vixen-/191739795094?hash=item2ca4951696:g:NbUAAOxyYANTa32K)

Jaysi
12th Dec 2016, 06:19
Tim "ET" Brunskill, on 5 Squadron for a while when I was on 11 in the final years. Didn't know him well, but a nice guy. Never flew with him.

ImageGear
12th Dec 2016, 12:54
I'm sure he would be well known by a number of the gentlemen in the link attached:

Tim Brunskill (http://www.lightningpilots.com/WIWOLReunion2014attendance.html)

Was not seen at the 2015 or 2016 reunion.

Played Euphonium in the Wells City Band?

Info courtesy of your friend Google.

Imagegear

Algy
12th Dec 2016, 15:18
Tim Brunskill on basics at the College 1980-ish, that Tim Brunskill? Was obviously going Lightnings in the same way that I was obviously going METS. Had my BHT with Tim Turnbull just after Tim B. "Any tips, Tim?" "Yeah, he gave me a really hard time for not noticing that he didn't respond to īstraps tight and secure, sir?" So on my BHT "my straps tight and secure...CHECK YOURS SIR!". Big pat on the back in the debrief. (Funny what you remember.)

Same Tim B who had a Morris Traveller which he spent most time underneath.

Hi Tim, hope all's well.

Major Cong
12th Dec 2016, 16:39
He is hiding at Thomson.

Fokkerwokker
12th Dec 2016, 17:12
He was my Exec on the B757 back in Air Two Bob days.

Nice guy for a WIWOL!

Fonsini
13th Dec 2016, 01:19
From an F.6 to a 757 full of drunken revellers on their way to Ibiza, what a transition !! Looks like a thoroughly nice guy just from his photo, if it's possible to discern such things.

This forum never fails to deliver, it leaves me awestruck every time we turn over the pages in someone's logbook. Hopefully someone can let Tim know that his old ship is being featured on ebay.