PDA

View Full Version : Setting CON thrust on B737 after engine failure

Luckystar77
5th Dec 2016, 14:58
Dear All,

I have question regarding engine failure procedure which is not fully explained in books, I guess.
Well, let's say the fire drill is completed and we are about to set continous thrust on remaining engine. How that should be done?
Is it enough to press LVL CHG button and the FMC will command TMA to display CON? Or do I have to go to N1 Page on FMC and manually find the CON Thrust and select it?
The latter works in FFS but I am not sure if that is true in real aircraft or maybe it depends on FMC update version?

bucks_raj
5th Dec 2016, 15:37
Accelerate... Retract Flaps.... Set LVL Change ... SET MCT .... (Goto FMC N1 page and set CON).

This action does not set the thrust but tells you what the CON limit is.. the thrust needs to be set manually.Because Recall actions had disconnected the AT

RAT 5
5th Dec 2016, 16:46
The latter works in FFS but I am not sure if that is true in real aircraft or maybe it depends on FMC update version?

Interesting. Bucks Raj confirms what you have been taught in FFS, and I can only affirm that; never done it in the a/c. Interesting in that you'd consider a sim training action not applicable to the real a/c. However, does any FMC update behave as you wonder? I doubt it. TBC.

Uplinker
5th Dec 2016, 17:24
Blimey, what a palaver !

I don't want to hijack this thread, but the equivalent actions in Airbus after cleaning up is to set altitude and pull (the same knob), then put the good thrust lever into the MCT (max continuous thrust) gate. End of.

ImbracableCrunk
5th Dec 2016, 19:13
I don't want to hijack this thread

You sure about that?

Uplinker
6th Dec 2016, 18:15
Positive - it was just an aside.

But I'll get my coat...........