PDA

View Full Version : Training - Spanish National

pom
5th Jul 2002, 16:08
I have a Spanish friend who is interested in becoming an air traffic controller. Presumably, as Spain & the UK are EU members, there should be no nationality problems. He speaks excellent English. Can anyone give me some details on qualifications required, length of courses, costs, etc?

niknak
5th Jul 2002, 18:11
The best bet is applying to Eurocontrol, they were recently advertising in Flight International Magazine for ATCO cadets,
Flight (http://www.flightinternational.com) .

They offer places to anyone who meets their (very high) standards, as long as they are a national of any of the EEC countries.
Individual countries, (even in Europe), tend to only take nationals from their own states for training.

Tahuna
6th Jul 2002, 18:41
Pom, - shoyuld be no problem with the nationality issue - only problem is cost!!
As it is doubtful that he would get a cadetship, the only option would be a UK course at one of the private colleges. Last time I saw a brochure on this unit from one of them, the basic aerodrome course was in the order of 13 weeks and cost 13K + VAT
I would get him to contact either Rudloe College or Shearwater to confirm that - they are always helpful and could give more exact details.

Bev Bevan
6th Jul 2002, 20:32
Why wouldnt he get a cadetship? In recent years, Irish, Dutch and German nationals have completed the Nats UK courses at CATC. Presumeably, anyone from the EU member states should be eligible to apply to NATS?