PDA

View Full Version : Earrings Allowed Now?

highlight
20th Nov 2016, 17:10
Waiting for my transport home in the Volvo Hold, I noticed a captain sporting an earring in HIS left ear in full uniform. I have no problem seeing it on your time off, but while on company duty and wearing the uniform...? Come on, now.

motley flight crue
20th Nov 2016, 17:31
I can better that. Saw a pilot after being interviewed, he had a PONY tail. Sh#t you not!

aslan1982
20th Nov 2016, 21:41
get a life , both of u. who cares

fliion
20th Nov 2016, 21:59
Lol, so it was you with the earring Aslan?

Rad man, rad.

JNPS
20th Nov 2016, 22:00
If nobody cares, where will it stop?

natops
20th Nov 2016, 23:16
Seriousle guys. Lets say its true, r u earning less money because of this? Dont walk on the grass, smoke it, chill out, get to work , leave the jet, chill again.

theidler
21st Nov 2016, 01:22
When one or two people get out of line this company have a history of looking closer at everybody and then coming down hard on all of us.

That's the issue here.

donpizmeov
21st Nov 2016, 02:14
Education systems have slipped in recent years. Perhaps these chaps thought the job was pirate rather than pilot? I bet they are disappointed. Would explain some behaviour though.

pfvspnf
21st Nov 2016, 07:09
Can't comment on EK , but I've seen pony tails, earnings , no tie , landing the jet in pyjamas, chips and snacks on the cockpit pedestal all the time , loud music being played in cruise with the pilot seat fully reclined

Talparc
21st Nov 2016, 07:23
as long as he is wearing his hat its ok! or it was a shemale!

PPRuNeUser0215
21st Nov 2016, 07:34
I don't know the guy and I wouldn't do that but at least he is not scared of his own shadow like many EK so called Captains.

fliion
21st Nov 2016, 08:55
I don't know the guy and I wouldn't do that but at least he is not scared of his own shadow like many EK so called Captains.

Unlike the gel haired, no hattter FOs with the phi phi island chord bracelets...

Who somehow become uniform believers on their ALCs & upgrade.

Now there's balls for you.

pumpkin
21st Nov 2016, 09:01
"landing the jet in pyjamas,"- I just pissed myself. You have to be kidding. See I told you , we are officially a LCC.

PPRuNeUser0215
21st Nov 2016, 10:13
Unlike the gel haired, no hattter FOs with the phi phi island chord bracelets...

Who somehow become uniform believers on their ALCs & upgrade.

Now there's balls for you.

Yeah or the guy you fly with threatening to leave if EK does this or that ..... 2 years later, EK has done this or that and you fly with him again ( but he doesn't remember) and he starts again with the same 😀😀😀.

puff m'call
21st Nov 2016, 10:57
OMG he was in "Full Uniform" Can't remember the last time I was in full uniform, wearing a hat? really?

TangoUniform
21st Nov 2016, 14:19
I suppose as long as they are EK standard earrings..........
And he was wearing two earrings.........
Like the girls.............
Were you wearing your glasses....are you sure it was a bloke?
That may have a ring of truth to it.

DCS99
21st Nov 2016, 20:45
Earrings for Flight Deck were allowed at Swissair.
And look what happened to them :)

jack schidt
22nd Nov 2016, 06:25
Call me old school, but earrings really should be left to be worn by the girls out there. I have seen some men look quite cool with long hair, and shocking to say even a pony tail can look acceptable on some men.

However, the wearing of beautification jewellery in the ears while trying to be a cool guy just doesn't do it for me. Some guys are so desperate to try to be "cool" by the addition of earrings, this makes me concerned as to what his mental makeup is, being displayed to passengers, by trying to be so overtly "cool" at work.

J

anson harris
22nd Nov 2016, 08:10
just doesn't do it for me. What kind of guy does do it for you?

Officer Kite
22nd Nov 2016, 09:23
Call me old school

Not old school Jack .... Just normal. I do question men who feel the need to wear women's jewellery but one does fear to open their mouth in these "modern" times.

luvly jubbly
22nd Nov 2016, 09:32
As Stephen Fry said on QI, There's always an @rsehole under a ponytail

fab777
22nd Nov 2016, 18:45
and what about men wearing stockings on the flight deck?

montencee
22nd Nov 2016, 19:18
Good on these fellas (if that's what they are) for letting the company know that they're not going to get away with dictating to the uniformed staff what accessories they can and cannot wear.

More than that what a simple way to let 'some' of the cabin crew know what you might be up for later when the lights go out!

To be fair if the earring wearer is the African guy then that might not be what he's looking out for.

QCM
22nd Nov 2016, 23:04
:ugh:Hope this earstuff will not deviate the compass...