PDA

View Full Version : Desperate times...4th AD in less than a month and counting...

FL3
20th Nov 2016, 15:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHIGLPGdNmU

Jack330
20th Nov 2016, 15:27
hahahahaha clowns !!

A320CaptDav
20th Nov 2016, 16:23
Desperate Times call for desperate measures...
Seems like the dust is starting to whirl :rolleyes:

Old King Coal
20th Nov 2016, 16:30
Maître d': Good afternoon sir, and how are we today?

OKC: Better.

Maître d': Better?

OKC: Better get a bucket I'm going to throw up!

highlight
20th Nov 2016, 16:56
The cringe-worthy factor on this one is high. Not because of the individual involved but how obviously scripted it is. Talk about desperate measures. :ugh:

AQIS Boigu
20th Nov 2016, 17:17
My Jumeirah Jane can enjoy this amazing city whilst I am away!

:D:)

777boyindubai
20th Nov 2016, 17:53
"Our health care is taken care of" Really? You mean the healthcare you pay insurance for that just got increased unilaterally in a contract that is null and void as EK is not subject to UAE Labour Law. In this digital age, these kind of cheesy ads with downright lies will come back to haunt you!!

A320CaptDav
20th Nov 2016, 18:08
With the current state of affairs nobody in the right sense of mind would consider joining especially when the 'Other 2' are hiring with better work conditions.

Sometimes you need to use whatever bait you have to reel in the fish you are looking for.:D

aeropix
21st Nov 2016, 03:25
Every time I see one of these threads I click on it thinking there's a new Airworthiness Directive published.

Gets me every time.

Buford
21st Nov 2016, 03:44
I think they've realized pprune is having an effect, and they've gone all out on the BS factor in these ads.

DSVP Paperclips
21st Nov 2016, 06:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRc8A3GTsGI

Are these people out of their minds ? :ugh:

pfvspnf
21st Nov 2016, 10:43
The Aby MPL lot can't wait to join EK , many are so excited to finally fly long haul

Icarus2001
21st Nov 2016, 11:33
I think they've realized PPRuNe is having an effect, and they've gone all out on the BS factor in these ads.

So how long until EK become unmentionable as well?

777-200LR
21st Nov 2016, 15:05
The German chick in the last video failed her upgrade a couple of years ago and has recently landed herself 'removed from roster' - not the best advertising tool for EK

donpizmeov
21st Nov 2016, 15:45
She is a lovely lady. That was made in 2014. Grow up.

xhamster
21st Nov 2016, 16:01
0:29 - 0:36 :confused:

Completely different cultures and races intertwining. Cannot be farther from the truth.

EY_Airbus
22nd Nov 2016, 01:46
What da f^ck? These videos are starting to make me angry! Not sure who I'm more angry with, the airline or the idiots starring in them.

donpizmeov
22nd Nov 2016, 02:42
I think you need to get out more EY. EK has been making recruiting videos for more than a decade. They have never showed the true day to day life here. Nothing is different now. As I said before, one of the videos on this thread was made in 2014.

I don't think you will find many 380 FOs complaining about life here at the moment (just the same as 777FOs a few years ago). However, just like all those before them (and those same previously mentioned 777 FOs), they will be here in a few years complaining of how their "promised command in 3 (insert your own time frame here) hasn't happened and they have been shafted. Luckily this shafting will be not much different to all those that have been shafted before them.
Nothing has changed here. Only the shine of those big shiny jets is harder to see through the sand filled air.

nolimitholdem
22nd Nov 2016, 02:58
The first few were amusing in their fakeness. Now they just seem desperate.

At least they'll make nice mementoes in the (near) future so folks can look back and reminisce about what an A380 was like.

thatwasclose
22nd Nov 2016, 07:06
You know, what the hell. Maybe it is a great job on the bus flying around to cool places and getting days off. I know we are desperate but the ads don't seem so bad . Good for him. Cool bike, pretty wife and probably flying his dream airplane.

Talparc
22nd Nov 2016, 08:06
I have flown with her several times. She is so company brainwashed.
How embarrassing!

EY_Airbus
22nd Nov 2016, 09:10
These videos are different to the ones created a few years ago. They have taken bullsh*it to an entirely new level. They have a problem and they know it. First they lower the minimum requirements in order to get more applicants through the door, then they introduce a slightly revised package to entice more experienced guys to join. Now these videos try and 'sell' UAE and EK as a lifestyle job, more so than ever before. Some people will be lured by such glossy videos, however most are smart enough to see through it all and realise if a company such as EK needs to produce videos such as these, then something is not right with the job/package. What's next? Commuting contracts? :)

DSVP Paperclips
22nd Nov 2016, 09:41
Ooops ! If there there ever was doubt in your mind whether to participate in anything like that with corporate comm´s, young Miss Germany´s misfortune proves why you "NEVER" should. Let M.M and the likes of him do that.

"Just fly the b... A/C." How hard is that ? :ugh:

Anyone have a link where "Girlie Girl" is on the Ellen Show ?

donpizmeov
22nd Nov 2016, 09:58
Take a look at the first produced recruitment video EY. It shows a family living in their house with a pool talking about company accommodation. It is exactly the same formula that they are using now. No difference at all.

notapilot15
22nd Nov 2016, 12:02
Ashley Ads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T-ujzU6vSc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUJR129m_s

On Ellen Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5JIAw8t8U

littlejet
22nd Nov 2016, 13:14
I bet my hotel perdiems that even the actors themselves cannot say that they see themselves in EK till retirement. Not even more than 2 years after the upgrade. That's why these videos sound wrong.

BigGeordie
22nd Nov 2016, 16:00
Emirates can no longer sell the job itself (word is well and truly out) so they are trying to flog the "lifestyle" of living in Dubai instead. Which is indeed a sign of desperation.

xhamster
23rd Nov 2016, 01:55
100% agree with Geordie. When I talk to guys around the world and ask them if they have considered Emirates?, the majority of answers received is: yes but I just don't want to live in such a place. EK recruitment has 2 hurdles to overcome and that is the destruction of their reputation as a good employer and also the negative connotations of the words Dubai and UAE with regard to life as an expat. These videos are a pathetic attempt at knocking down those hurdles.

Such an easy solution to get more suckers through the door: more $ and overseas bases. Management greed and arrogance will eventually have to give in at some point. Flight Ops cannot keep lowering the bar for recruitment standards and only so many videos can be made before they realise it probably has made no change to the amount of people applying to get in.

fatbus
23rd Nov 2016, 05:48
I agree EK has lost its shine and Dubai never had it. But why are people so upset about these recruitment videos? Who cares? Get a life , enjoy what little time off either in Dubai or down route.

BTW , have not watched and presently waiting for pickup.

xhamster
23rd Nov 2016, 06:37
people are upset about the lies and deception being depicted in these videos

donpizmeov
23rd Nov 2016, 08:06
What lies deception? Perhaps not everyone in EK is bitter and twisted. Fatbus talks true talk when he says get a life. There is more important things to complain about than a few videos.

xhamster
23rd Nov 2016, 08:28
What lies deception? Perhaps not everyone in EK is bitter and twisted. Fatbus talks true talk when he says get a life. There is more important things to complain about than a few videos.

Cannot see the deception? Are you kidding me?

Get a life? Says you? Taking the same amount of time and energy to login and chat about them after having watched the videos also :ugh:

donpizmeov
23rd Nov 2016, 08:34
But not butting my head against any wall. There are far more important things to worry about.

BigGeordie
23rd Nov 2016, 09:11
I would hope any professional pilot would see these videos for what they are- advertisements for the "EK/Dubai way of life" and realise they are no more real than Jen giving up her first class suite to go and play IFE games in economy.

However, there is one born every minute and the thing that bugs me is the people who are taken in by this will be sitting next to me in a couple of years time complaining all the way to Europe that life hasn't turned out the way in looked in the videos.

There was a time when Emirates didn't need to advertise at all for pilot recruitment because the people who were already here were the best publicity they could get. People (and I was one of them) were even prepared to pay for their own tickets to get to Dubai for the interview. How the mighty have fallen.

donpizmeov
23rd Nov 2016, 09:28
And you had to be able to fly back then as well big fella.
They could make this place P2F and still find someone.

Dildobaggins
23rd Nov 2016, 09:47
You guys are so jealous it's embarrassing! Get a life!

BigGeordie
23rd Nov 2016, 14:57
Jealous of what? We are already here living the dream.:rolleyes:

keepitrealok
23rd Nov 2016, 15:08
get a life

....from 2 guys, the first with 19XX posts, and the other with 22XX posts.

:p Close to the funniest thing I've read here.

:D

JammedStab
23rd Nov 2016, 17:00
The German chick in the last video failed her upgrade a couple of years ago and has recently landed herself 'removed from roster' - not the best advertising tool for EK
How do you get "removed from roster"?

Flyboy_SG
23rd Nov 2016, 21:17
There are many ways...

Nikita81
23rd Nov 2016, 21:17
At one point of reading your posts I wanted to ask why do you call the women from the YT clip a "German chick" and not a "German pilot", but I gave up (seems I asked anyway).

Nikita81
23rd Nov 2016, 22:10
Because I want to.

bigdaviet
24th Nov 2016, 06:15
At the end of the day, anyone with half a brain will just call someone they know in the airline and ask how it really is.

777boyindubai
24th Nov 2016, 06:36
Sealear. Agree with most points. However, the people doing the ads are telling lies. Lots of lies. Steely asked people a few years back to call their friends and tell them to apply. "I want to keep my friends" was the answer. The recruitment videos are the latest part of a failing strategy. Agreed plenty of bad places out there. But at least a few of them have a Labour Law to protect staff. And Unions. EK have neither. They do have horribly demotivated staff, lying and deceitful management and two crashes to explain.

keepitrealok
24th Nov 2016, 06:44
Sealear,

The payoff for living in a place such as the Middle East was very good terms and conditions that the airline had. It was a balance - to most moving to Dubai was a step back from their own country, but it was made up for by the package: the money, the rostering, the staff travel, the upgrade time.

Those things (perhaps with the exception of the money, just depending on perspective) have gone.

Feel free to leave Australia and Virgin Australia and come to the Middle East to fly for EK. When you have passed through the initial starry-eyed, exciting phase feel free to comment here. But until you have, how about you don't tell those who are living in the Middle East to pull their heads in, while you sit in your very free, very beautiful, very liveable country flying for your unionised Airline?

BigGeordie
24th Nov 2016, 08:57
Sealear, even the most inept union would have managed to stop Emirates pulling half the tricks it has got away with over the last few years. Remember, they don't even have to follow the labour law of their own country. The only limit to the degradation of our terms and conditions is the fact that they need to recruit new people.

Leaving isn't as simple as you make it sound. It has been said before but it is huge disruption to move your family half way around the World to come here and probably an even bigger disruption to move them back again. It is certainly not the same as getting a new job with a different airline in the same country and, respectfully, unless you have tried it you don't know what you are talking about. I'm sure disruption to childrens' schooling is a major reason many don't leave.

xhamster
24th Nov 2016, 09:21
But it was ok to disrupt the children's schooling and take them away from home to be in a worser place, but not ok to do it again, bring them home and save them from a sandpit upbringing? Tough titties kiddies. We're going home to make mommy and daddy happy and healthy again. My schooling as a youngster got chopped and changed regularly. I turned out ok, I think. :confused:

Big Enos Burdette
24th Nov 2016, 13:54
She's Irish, not German.

Flyboy_SG
24th Nov 2016, 14:59
That's a fact to agree with Sealer. I guess every airlines sucks in someway or the other. Perfect airline is an oxymoron !