PDA

View Full Version : EC130 freelance pay

whoateallthepies
19th Nov 2016, 12:18
Wondering what would be accepted hourly/daily pay for a freelance pilot on EC 130 in USA?
Thanks

Chris Pochari
1st Jul 2017, 21:25
variable operating costs for the EC130 is $746 per hour. Plus add what you would like to make as profit and see what the market says. Heliair is charging £1070/hr+VAT for an EC130 charter.

jeepys
1st Jul 2017, 22:15
Chris, RTFQ.

Um... lifting...
1st Jul 2017, 23:15
Probably depend what part of the country one was in. Perhaps $100 / hr on the low end up to perhaps $250 on the high end, but only a guess. Full-time work might range from $60K-$160K, but those high-end jobs aren't going to free-lancers, but to long-time executive, training, or chief pilots with thousands of hours. I'm not sure what kind of freelance work in EC 130 might be had in the U.S. anyway. Far as I'm aware, nearly all operators are EMS, O&G, tour or other similar operations that would want you on a contract basis.

212man
1st Jul 2017, 23:41
Chris, RTFQ.

Probably too busy with his other school assignments....

Chris Pochari
2nd Jul 2017, 01:12
Probably too busy with his other school assignments....

Hows does one "freelance" unless they own their aircraft. Otherwise you are just a temp worker. 212MAN.
I know many pilots, who own 1 aircraft and "freelance". They charge a little over their operating cost and pay themselves whatever the market will pay

havick
2nd Jul 2017, 01:25
Hows does one "freelance" unless they own their aircraft. Otherwise you are just a temp worker. 212MAN.
I know many pilots, who own 1 aircraft and "freelance". They charge a little over their operating cost and pay themselves whatever the market will pay

He's asking about freelancing as a pilot (labor only), not as an aircraft owner/operator.

givdrvr
2nd Jul 2017, 03:17
Per diem contract pilots are very common in the fixed wing world, somewhat less so in the rotary world. The helicopter folks I know doing this have full time time flying jobs and freelance as a side gig, charging $300-500 day for flying turbine singles.

Chris, the "freelance charter" you are describing sounds highly questionable from a regulatory point of view.

belly tank
2nd Jul 2017, 03:25
In OZ for an experienced driver on turbine single types the going rate is somewhere between AU$500-650 per day for a contract pilot.

Airwork type roles (fires) can be between $400-650 per day plus $80-100 per flight hour.

Depends on the company your working for an whats negotiated.

The rates haven't changed a great deal in years, I guess its the sign of the times at the moment and its an operators market due to the oversupply of pilots at present.

Chris Pochari
2nd Jul 2017, 04:53
He's asking about freelancing as a pilot (labor only), not as an aircraft owner/operator.
Freelance pilots are rare where I live. A little bit in firefighting in northern cali but most pilots are salaried.
I know I guy in Canada who owns 1 EC130, and makes good money.

havick
2nd Jul 2017, 10:37
Freelance pilots are rare where I live. A little bit in firefighting in northern cali but most pilots are salaried.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Contract helicopter pilots are very common.

oleary
2nd Jul 2017, 23:58

Keep talkin' boy. :rolleyes:

BOBAKAT
3rd Jul 2017, 23:27
Too less...anyways....

rmiller4292
7th Jul 2017, 03:49
I fly an EC130 as a contract pilot in the US and I get $500/Day. Part 91 VFR only.

Chris Pochari
18th Jul 2017, 07:25
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Contract helicopter pilots are very common.
Well Mr know it all the vast majority of heli pilots where I live are salaried. So you are Wrong

Chris Pochari
18th Jul 2017, 07:39
Keep talkin' boy. :rolleyes:
Hey doofus, most helicopters are used in three sectors, air med, police and O&G, charter and firefighting makes up a tiny percent of the industry. Why don't you call up Arron Todd and ask him if you can fly his helicopter for a day?

TUPE
18th Jul 2017, 08:14
https://s5.postimg.org/4ijg032kj/IMG_2132.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/4ijg032kj/)

Don't feed the troll.

212man
18th Jul 2017, 09:09
https://s5.postimg.org/4ijg032kj/IMG_2132.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/4ijg032kj/)

Don't feed the troll.

It's his bedtime now.....

newfieboy
18th Jul 2017, 14:27
Hey Chris Pochari,

I see from your profile, you are a student pilot. You might want to show some respect for the likes of oleary instead of referring to him as doofus. He probably has many thousands of hours, all operational flying. And for your information the majority of work in Canada is charter, firefighting etc. With the attitude you have Boy, you'll go far in this industry....NOT....:ugh:

Anywing
18th Jul 2017, 15:39
Take it easy with Chris, he might be the next president

(Please, don't say this is fakenews ;-)

havick
18th Jul 2017, 17:05
Well Mr know it all the vast majority of heli pilots where I live are salaried. So you are Wrong

Yeah perhaps where YOU live, but there's a whole big wide world out there. Do you think the earth is flat as well?

oleary
18th Jul 2017, 22:21
Hey doofus, most helicopters are used in three sectors, air med, police and O&G, charter and firefighting makes up a tiny percent of the industry. Why don't you call up Arron Todd and ask him if you can fly his helicopter for a day?

Ummmm, .... you cannot provide a fixed or rotary wing air service in Canada without an Air Operator Certificate. There is no "freelancing" here.

But I only have 53 years and 22K hours in the biz so what would I know, eh?

212man
18th Jul 2017, 22:51
Ummmm, .... you cannot provide a fixed or rotary wing air service in Canada without an Air Operator Certificate. There is no "freelancing" here.

But I only have 53 years and 22K hours in the biz so what would I know, eh?

Doofus does as doofus is. All hail the new king......Chris Pochari

Senior Pilot
19th Jul 2017, 02:48
Let's stop the personal attacks before I have to delete posts, please.

Play nicely ;)

KiwiNedNZ
19th Jul 2017, 21:01
Considering prob 75% of all Kiwi and Aussie pilots who work outside of home are "freelancers" Mr Pochari prob needs to do a little more research as last time I looked none of them take their own helicopters to work :)

KiwiNedNZ
19th Jul 2017, 21:03
Hey doofus, most helicopters are used in three sectors, air med, police and O&G,

REALLY ????? You sure about that "Doofus"

212man
19th Jul 2017, 21:25
REALLY ????? You sure about that "Doofus"

I think that's "Chris' that should answer.

Rumour has it, some militaries use helicopters too......

KiwiNedNZ
20th Jul 2017, 01:07
Was just giving him some of his own medicine - love the idiots here who insult some of the long time members here - I know many of them thanks to what I do - and I just sit back and laugh thinking - you really don't know who you are insulting do you dumb ass LOL :)