PDA

View Full Version : SOLI transfer

Wolfgang W.
15th Nov 2016, 07:21
Hi,
I hold a ATPL and I was flying since 1983 in Austria. A strong disease stopped me to fly in spring 2014. I recovered very well and asked in Sept. 2015 for my medical class 1 at the Austrian aviation authority. A legal dispute is going on and will last a few years.

Now my question: Is it possible to transfer my medical act to another EASA state and to try to get my medical there?

Thank You for Your answers!

Wolfgang

Drussjnr
15th Nov 2016, 17:26
There was a debate a while ago on the forum about this, moving your medical to a State B because state A won't re-issue, even though you could pass the medical exam. I can't remember how it went, hopefully someone with better memory can recount how it ended :)

Radgirl
15th Nov 2016, 20:51
Might be helpful to explain what the strong disease was and how you have recovered. It may be no other jurisdiction would give you a medical either. Or may be we could throw some light on the issue in Austria.

Wolfgang W.
16th Nov 2016, 20:24
Hi,
I had a strong psychic episode due to major private changes. I didn't feel well and went for sick leave in time. I recovered very well. I have a lot of very positive expert opinions. The Austrian authorities sent me to a psychiatrist, who found a a actual strong depression, he disagrees with all other opinions. Due to the kind of my past desease the authorities are afraid to let me return to my working place. I never endangered anyone, and I will never do!
I will fight this even it lasts for years, but I try to get information about other possible alternatives.

The important sentence is (VO 1178/2011): "Applicants shall undergo satisfactory psychiatric evaluation before a fit assessment can be considered." Thats the fact, why we are discussing.

So my question:
Is it possible to request the medical in a other EASA state, although a legal dispute is going on here in Austria?
Will this dispute be stopped and my medical act transferred to the other state?
Or, will both investigations run parallel?

Thank You!

Wolfgang

Flyin'Dutch'
26th Nov 2016, 10:38
The Austrian NAA is your competent authority and will determine whether you can get your Class 1 back; you can go and have a medical with any EASA AME but the decision would still be the Austrian's.

For a state of licence issue change (if you wanted to move from the Austrians to another NAA) you need to have a valid medical certificate so I don't think that you can do a SOLI.

Wolfgang W.
8th Dec 2016, 08:28
Thank You!:rolleyes: