PDA

View Full Version : Emirates new US destinations?

TheTypicalBrit
8th Nov 2016, 18:56
I read that they will start flying to Phoenix and Buffalo in the US.

Most likely on a 777 (especially due to Buffalo's runaway length).

Rumor: Emirates' Next US Destinations Will Be Phoenix And Buffalo - One Mile at a Time (http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/11/08/emirates-buffalo-phoenix/)

The Darkness
8th Nov 2016, 19:14
Hmmm......I don't know much, but BUF (Buffalo, NY) seems like a stretch on Emirates' own aircraft.

Could it be on their route map because their partner, jetblue, serves the city already?

obgraham
8th Nov 2016, 19:51
Phoenix is an odd market. Only international direct flights outside N.Am. or Cent.Am. is London. Looks like Emirates wants to be first in ahead of others. How popular will a 16 hour flight to the desert be?

Bring Back The Biff
9th Nov 2016, 02:14
Might be a reduction in US destinations with President Trump...

RoyalEnfield
9th Nov 2016, 03:30
Phoenix is an odd market. Only international direct flights outside N.Am. or Cent.Am. is London. Looks like Emirates wants to be first in ahead of others. How popular will a 16 hour flight to the desert be?

Yes, currently the only international long haul carrier serving PHX is BA with a daily 747 service. There is a HUGE Indian population in PHX so I think EK will do well on that route.

nolimitholdem
9th Nov 2016, 04:56
Biff actually makes a good point. It's looking like it's going to be a President Trump, who is openly protectionist and anti-Muslim. It's a topic for its own thread, but it could definitely make for some interesting times ahead for foreign airlines trying for more access to the US.

"Brexit II" isn't really coming at the best time for EK and their current woes.

crewmeal
9th Nov 2016, 05:18
Will EK put the US route expansion on hold if Trump wins the presidency? I've seen a sarcastic ad about Royal Jordanian's cheap fares 'Travel to the US while you're still allowed to' on FB.

Kobus Dune
9th Nov 2016, 07:50
In fact the loads for all those destinations will be good just one way ....

aeropix
9th Nov 2016, 10:51
How popular will a 16 hour flight to the desert be?
I thought all EK flights to Dubai was 16 hours-to-the-desert service...

ExDubai
9th Nov 2016, 10:54
Will EK put the US route expansion on hold if Trump wins the presidency? I've seen a sarcastic ad about Royal Jordanian's cheap fares 'Travel to the US while you're still allowed to' on FB.
Beside that, the question is are those routes profitable? I have some doubts about that...

JAARule
9th Nov 2016, 12:50
Who will they get to fly the jets?
DECs and turboprop FOs, I suppose. Couldn't possibly go wrong.
Happy daze.

Talparc
9th Nov 2016, 13:52
hard times ahead, the open skies will now come to a new conclusion under Trump.
Evacuate, evacuate!

filejw
10th Nov 2016, 11:29
One of the first things on Trumps list. Likely to end up with some type of restriction that requires xx% of pax on flight to be residence of the country of flights origin. Open Sky was originally designed for countries to have access to the US for their airlines and citizens. Not so some small country can bring all of south Asia to the US.

fatbus
10th Nov 2016, 14:38
Good luck with that!

Cantbebothered
10th Nov 2016, 14:47
Errr...I think Pres.Trump has more important issues to deal with than EK and their US flight destinations! :E:hmm:

TangoUniform
10th Nov 2016, 14:58
One of the first things on Trumps list. Likely to end up with some type of restriction that requires xx% of pax on flight to be residence of the country of flights origin. Open Sky was originally designed for countries to have access to the US for their airlines and citizens. Not so some small country can bring all of south Asia to the US.
Where in his platform did you guys get his stuff?

Fuel-Off
10th Nov 2016, 15:03
QR CEO, AAB has just said on CNN that he doesn't expect Trump to restrict flights from the Gulf to US citing Trump's business acumen and knowing the economic benefits that exists with competition for the consumer.

Wonder if STC shares the same optimism?

Fuel-Off :ok:

pilotguy1222
10th Nov 2016, 15:06
The US President does not have the ability to limit, or change, EK flights to/from the USA.

The US Big3 already lost to the ME3 a couple of months ago.

filejw
10th Nov 2016, 17:23
1222 , he doesn't but does have the ability to have treaty's renegotiated or terminated. Be it steel, cars or airlines Trump is a protectionist and claims he will look out for American company's first if he thinks they are not getting a fair share of business. An article in a Washington paper this AM has the US big 3 already on Trumps ear. FYI I voted for the other guy.

TangoUniform
10th Nov 2016, 17:44
1222 , he doesn't but does have the ability to have treaty's renegotiated or terminated. Be it steel, cars or airlines Trump is a protectionist and claims he will look out for American company's first if he thinks they are not getting a fair share of business. An article in a Washington paper this AM has the US big 3 already on Trumps ear. FYI I voted for the other guy.
Of course you did, you're from Vermont.

ExDubai
10th Nov 2016, 18:56
Good luck with that!
Have a look at the source. This posting is the best...
Rumor: Emirates Airline To Buy A Controlling Stake In Qatar Airways - One Mile at a Time (http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/08/04/emirates-qatar-takeover/)

Emma Royds
10th Nov 2016, 20:03
I would start to seriously question the credibility of the source article, when they can't even get the name of the company right.

Logohu
10th Nov 2016, 20:38
An article in a Washington paper this AM has the US big 3 already on Trumps ear.

I doubt Trump would have set foot on any of the US Big 3 in decades. If he has had the misfortune then more likely he'll want to euthanize rather than protect them.

I'm sure any New York attorney worth his salt could easily make a case that forcing American consumers to fly long haul on their own airlines would be tantamount to a crime against humanity.

shedsd330
10th Nov 2016, 21:40
I work for a disgusting US legacy. Haven't flown The Donald, but have flown his kids many times. Ivanka was actually pretty classy despite slumming it on a US airline.

tdracer
11th Nov 2016, 02:15
FYI I voted for the other guy.
You just confirmed what many of us suspected about Hillary :E

The Turtle
11th Nov 2016, 02:30
As I recall Trump owned an airline once

Probably not a fan of his former competitors

I doubt ME3 has much to be concerned abt

crewmeal
11th Nov 2016, 05:19
Taken from The Australian (subscribers only, Straight to the point as usual.

RECEIVED 11/11/2016 15:25:22 Emirates, Etihad and Qatar can kiss the USA goodbye. Trump will not continue to have the USA support middle eastern profits at the USA expense.
The international market is vital to recently resurgent U.S. airlines, which have regained profitability after a decade of bankruptcies and mergers. But the companies’ return to solvency comes in an era in which there is little growth in the domestic market and international flights offer a better prospect.
But with Mr Trump — a former airline executive — now set to be the next US president, those US airlines are likely to restart their lobbying efforts to capitalise on his protectionist rhetoric and pledges to bring back jobs to the US.
“We look forward to briefing president-elect Donald Trump and his new administration on the massive, unfair subsidies that the UAE and Qatar give to their state-owned Gulf carriers,”

Talparc
11th Nov 2016, 17:05
More bad news on the way.
Fasten your belts.
Trump Presidency Could Alter Open Skies And Change Global Travel Marketplace | TravelPulse (http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/trump-presidency-could-alter-open-skies-and-change-global-travel-marketplace.html)

filejw
12th Nov 2016, 08:15
Guys don't forget that "The Donald " doesn't want 75% of your pax to enter the country anyway....😀

azhkman
12th Nov 2016, 09:26
Haha, PHX, that would be awesome, a desert to desert service! At least AZ is dryer. This could only live on connections, and if successful it would probably reduce BA's flight to a 788, or a switch to AA metal (carbon?).

Yes, I doubt Trump would bother much with Open Skies arrangements, maybe in his second term. Especially if we start seeing Trump Dubai, Trump Abu Dhabi, Trump Doha, and so forth.

It would be great if there was a one-way exodus of the freeloaders, and people who require 'safe spaces', but that is not likely to happen.

plt radioman
13th Nov 2016, 19:35
---my opinion---
even as president, trump will only do business where money is involved.

whoever pays him more will fly.
---my opinion---

luvly jubbly
15th Nov 2016, 09:02
Warren Buffet has invested heavily in The Big 3. Does he know something we don't about Trump's plans?

He had vowed to stay out of aviation.

http://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/warren-buffetts-berkshire-hathaway-discloses-new-investments-in-airlines-1479159641

Talparc
15th Nov 2016, 17:00
he is just ahead of the game. Stay tuned what's coming up.
Definitely not good stuff for the Costa Muppets.