PDA

View Full Version : The next step up

bigRed87
4th Nov 2016, 11:10
I have been in the same company now for 10 years.
I have been there chief pilot for the last two, with up to 15 pilots and 7 helicopters.

I'm looking for something new when I'm done with my ME IR in a few weeks.
Twins, IR and NVG

Whats the best countrys/markets to get a job in now during the big offshore depression?

EASA CPL H
3400hrs TOT
3250hrs PIC
3200hrs AS350

I'm willing to relocate to any country in the world.
Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle east.....

I have my FAA license, but it must be renewed.

GoodGrief
4th Nov 2016, 11:50
Stay. Don't leave. It would be the biggest mistake of your life.
The market is dead, ESPECIALLY for small bird drivers.
Now, if you had a thing with the bosses wife...

bigRed87
4th Nov 2016, 11:54
I wish it was that easy.
After ten years of doing this, I feel like I want to stop flying.
This is my chance to try something new and find back to actually looking forward to going to work.

Frying Pan
4th Nov 2016, 13:25
Well, if it's not easy to stay and you feel that strongly about it....then you have nothing to lose? If you're willing to relocate almost anywhere, I'm guessing you're without a young family. I agree with GG in that the best option at the moment is to stay. But, if you're that mobile then go and see the world, just don't expect to get 'that' job. You may find yourself going backwards in your eyes to get further, or even standing still.

Good luck.

ersa
4th Nov 2016, 21:47
Stay where you are , if you leave with no job, you will probably be unemployed for a good while

breakdip
7th Nov 2016, 22:30
Vad tråkigt, although I am a military big bird driver, I would love to get my hands on a small bird again. I know your air force is looking for skilled pilots and they only have big birds. Might give that a try, otherwise, adheres to what the guys above have already said.

Just let me know if you need someone to step into your shoes once you've found your dream job. ;)