PDA

View Full Version : licence rejected after passing everything?

fokkerDvii
4th Nov 2016, 10:02
Hello,
Anyone knows if it is possible to get the licence rejected because of medical reasons if I hold a valid medical certificate?

Some background to the story:
I have a medical class I certificate, and applying for a PPL. I have passed all the tests ( theoretical +practical ). However when I went to get my medical certificate before starting the training and the aeromedical examiner asked for any surgeries I have had in the past. I was honest with him. I told him about a minor surgery I had many years ago. I don't have any side effects and it doesn't impair my ability to fly at all of course, otherwise, I wouldn't be flying. nor does any harm in any other daily activity. I don't take any medications either. The doctor issued my medical certificate with no problem, although he wrote about the surgery in his report of the examination ( not in the certificate itself) . So now I am beginning to wonder why it is taking so long for my licence to be issued, perhaps the CAA saw those remarks the doctor wrote and thinks I am not fit to fly?.

thanks

this is my username
5th Nov 2016, 06:47
The UK CAA are currently taking about 8 weeks to issue PPLs.

ZeBedie
6th Nov 2016, 08:57
You should be ok.