PDA

View Full Version : Kuwait Airways Roadshow Turkey

one mile
1st Nov 2016, 11:58
I heard that Kuwait Airways's going to Turkey for a roadshow.
Any one have some infos or idea about that?

Hakeem
2nd Nov 2016, 05:50
Yeah seems like they are very desperate for pilots now.

Are they doing the assessment by themself or outsourced to any agent in turkey?

Anyone from Kuwait airways with more information on how's it in there?

Rostering, salary package, living in Kuwait.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Happy landings

myriakephalon
2nd Nov 2016, 11:43
can anyone provide some more info about the date and place for this event?

Iznogood
3rd Nov 2016, 06:08
There will be a screening in Istanbul with Meccti in 19th november. Monthly salary depends on flight experience, from 7,100$ (for 2,000h TT) up to 8,300$ (if you have 12,000 TT or more), plus 20$/h dayflight and 30$/h for night flight.
Layover allowance 7$/h
40$/h for overtime (above 85h)
Some allowances depend on your status (single, married, married with children)
Housing allowance 1,200$ - 1,400$
Furniture allowance from 2,500$ - 7,500$
Education allowance 82$ (below 7 year old, 165$ Up to 18 year old) per month
4 free tickets per year for family members on KAc network plus 2 tickets 50% on other airlines, unlimited ID 90, 50, 30.
The big deal is on the bond: 5 year or 82,000$....yes 82,000$
Upgrade policy: Not revealed yet....

airborneksa
3rd Nov 2016, 08:06
also 6 weeks ON 2 weeks OFF and DEC T7

Hakeem
3rd Nov 2016, 09:13
Hey thanks for your response guys.

The bond seems to be the killer.

one mile
3rd Nov 2016, 11:29
Hi IZNOGOOD,

thanks for sharing some light here, any idea how they conduct these roadshow? do they send you tickets or you have to go there yourself? is there a sim assesment or just a basic interview?

Iznogood
3rd Nov 2016, 14:36
That almost all I know about it, maybe airborneksa can tell more.
They said company gives one night accommodation only, and you have to pay your ticket to go there but if you are successful and decide to join, they will reimburse it. No idea about the assessment, sorry!
Almost forget the most important....45 days annual leave per year, plus 8 days off twice a year.

airborneksa
3rd Nov 2016, 18:11
I am scheduled for 9th November will be able to give feedback once i go thru the process.

one mile
3rd Nov 2016, 20:13
Will be attending assessment on the 9th as well.
Will post some more infos on what to expect.
Good luck everyone attending the process.

Safe sky

Iznogood
3rd Nov 2016, 20:18
Best of luck guys!

one mile
8th Nov 2016, 05:34
hey guys,
anyone attending the assesment on the 9th morning?

mamamia
8th Nov 2016, 19:06
What's the captain pay

PILOTHEAD
8th Nov 2016, 19:13
Yes, anyone who has done the interview can you please share or pm me with details. I been told it's just a sim eval and that's it.

Thanks

PILOTHEAD
9th Nov 2016, 03:15
Kuwait please.

Thanks

one mile
9th Nov 2016, 11:26
Hi all,

assesment feedbacks:

Meccti booked us one day hotel including breakfast at a 5 star hotel called Gonen Istanbul.
DAY 1 First Part: Interview

Number of candidates: 6 all type rated B777 (3 capts/3Fo's)

the day of your interview you will be picked up at the hotel to the training center, beware its at Turkish Airlines training academy not IFTC BOEING as some crew got lost and went to the wrong building.

A very nice lady from Meccti will be welcoming you and she will be there to assist you at all time.
After a quick free coffee break, the Kuwait Airways senior pilots will call you for the interview. There was 3 pilots from KAC (2 capts and 1 SFO) they are really nice and relaxe. They will ask you few questions about yourself, aviation background, impression on KAC, what do you know about KAC, why you want to join KAC...
Than they will ask you some technical question:

- Describe PWS system
-Describe TCAS and what the procedure for RA
- Difference betwen TA/RA
-Tell more about Electrical System, EEC, TAC, LMS...
-Explain RVSM
-Explain RVSM contingency in NATS airspace
- Explain ETOPS vs EDTO vs LROPS
- MNPS
- Hydraulic system questions
- Memory items
- Limitations
-Explain in detail your action as a "Crew" when you have an EFATO scenarios
- CRM questions like what you do if a captain doesnt follow SOP
- Explain Rejected landings
- Windshear procedure,
- Stall protection and procedure
- De-Icing and Anti-icing questions
-LVP/CAT2/CAT3 questions
-differences between B777-200LR/B777-300ER

you will not get all these questions at once as different candidates will get differents questions from the list above, once again some guys got around 20 questions and others got less questions.
In my humble opinion if they see you know your aircraft they wont ask you more than 5 or 10 qestions max.
I got only 5 questions and some infos regarding my career and aviation background.

Than after 5 mins the lady from the agency (Meccti in my case) will come to tell you if you PASS/FAIL. If you pass you go to the next stage the sim.
Sadly 2 very experienced capts failed, they don't give you a reason for your failure, just thank you for coming and we wish you success in your career...

Second Part: The Sim

you will do it in a B777-300ER brand new TK/CAE sim.
you will depart from EGLL RWY27L and have an Eng Fail or Severe Damage, than vectors for final Single Eng with 30kts xwinds, you will end up unstable: GO-AROUND
than they will reposition you for a Single Eng landing with 28kts xwinds decreasing to 15kts for FO's.

Remember to brief before take off and do your checklist.
There will be 2 captains, one will make notes and the other will run the sim, they are very very focus on details and every thing you say during or do during the sim is noted.
Once again they are there to help you but they need to see your CRM/Flying skills/Decision making process/Work under Pressure...

The final result you will get it after a week via email from the agency.

That what I can tell guys, please feel free to PM if you need further infos.
If I remember some more informations I will post it here without hesitation.

Good luck guys finger crossed.

One mile

Hakeem
9th Nov 2016, 12:27
Appreciate your sincere effort.
Thanks buddy.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

one mile
9th Nov 2016, 12:34
thanks Hakeem

good luck

PILOTHEAD
9th Nov 2016, 12:39
This is great information and thank you very much. Im a current 737 skipper so the 777 sim I will have to mentally prepare for.

one mile
9th Nov 2016, 14:16
Hi Pilothead,

the B737NG specially is a baby B777, they are 90% similar (fctm/manœuvres...)
you dont need to worry about if you are not type rated as they will just look at your crm and task sharing along with decision making no matter what type of aircraft.

PILOTHEAD
9th Nov 2016, 16:34
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the experience for sure!

Iznogood
9th Nov 2016, 20:04
Yessss one mile! If you see how I smile here reading your post! I cross the fingers for you but I'm confident as well! Make One mile great again! Lol!

captmycka
19th Nov 2016, 16:34
Hey there,

Anyone attending the interview this week in Ist?
Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Good luck guys.

captmycka
28th Nov 2016, 18:43
Can anyone shed any light on the recent assesment in Istanbul.
I have a few friends who didn't pass their simulator & a few who have heard nothing for 2 weeks straight...

Is there a back log in the recruitment office? Just any information I could pass on to the hopefulls.

IZAD
30th Nov 2016, 21:23
It appears as if the scabs who attended interviews and simulator in IST to take the jobs from the Kuwaiti nationals is foiled. Not only the union in Kuwait but several Newspapers made public the affront by the airline in making 37 pilots redundant just because they opted to stay with their Government Contract.

I am glad the B777 scabs who attended the IST roadshows are now back in the same limbo they put the Kuwaiti 37 pilots for the month of November.

IZAD
30th Nov 2016, 21:35
http://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/37-pilots

https://kuwaitipilots.wordpress.com/

one mile
30th Nov 2016, 21:38
Hi IZAD

you seems to have some infos regarding this issues out there. can you share more of it

superbantas
12th Dec 2016, 14:30
hello Pilots..

Be prepare to come to Kuwait Airways...

Problems with hotel reservation...complete lack of information about hiring process..paper work and etc..

They dont pay you after a month...a lot of tricks to delay any reimbursment

As plan B...may be...never main choice

Good lock to all

Skyflyer01
14th Dec 2016, 13:16
[QUOTE=superbantas;9607050]hello Pilots..

Be prepare to come to Kuwait Airways...

Problems with hotel reservation...complete lack of information about hiring process..paper work and etc..

They dont pay you after a month...a lot of tricks to delay any reimbursment

As plan B...may be...never main choice

Superbantas can you tell me more about it please
I heard they going thru some very tough time and cancelled all recruitments from turkey
Do they need pilots or they dont ?

Tiyara
15th Dec 2016, 04:41
I Heard the same thing.
I am wondering now what's good about this airline ? So un-updated and disorganized.
They don't even upgrade FOs

pfvspnf
15th Dec 2016, 07:58
How is the treatment of expats there ? Esp on the line ? Kuwait got a spot in the 10 least friend list nations towards tourists

crazyduck
15th Dec 2016, 10:45
It appears as if the scabs who attended interviews and simulator in IST to take the jobs from the Kuwaiti nationals is foiled. Not only the union in Kuwait but several Newspapers made public the affront by the airline in making 37 pilots redundant just because they opted to stay with their Government Contract.
I am glad the B777 scabs who attended the IST roadshows are now back in the same limbo they put the Kuwaiti 37 pilots for the month of November.

Hahahahaha my dear Izad don't call scabs those guys who accepted the job you didn't want to do just because you made your calculations thinking that you would have spent your time inside an office having the same perks and compensation doing nothing!!!If you are really a pilot you would never leave your job for an office one...
You remember me few guys who were judging us expats when we came to Kuwait jobless...they used to call us desperate.....well few years later they lost their jobs and they found themselves in the same situation...so who was desperate then?

And now everybody read the below statement from those 37....you judge...
Following the voting in 2008 at the National Assembly, for privatizing KAC, the company conducted a survey asking its pilots to state their preferences on whether they preferred to remain working for the newly privatized etity, or be transferred to the government sector, where they would still be able to keep their salary and their benefits. “It was very vague, and using my simple judgement of economic knowledge, I made the innocent choice of preferring to work for the government, and sadly, I was penalized for it!” Says another pilot with 12,000 hours under his belt, who got the news of his termination during his command assessment for his upgrade to Captain!

It is sad that you are still closed to the expats while other nations in the Gulf are not...you should learn from those dear but anyway now you are happy right?Scabs are out and you got again your toy sonny boy.Next time use your calculator better to do your maths and try to respect people willing to work kid..... last but not leastThere is no doubt in anyone’s mind that the dismissed pilots, all Kuwaitis in their mid 20s and 30s, are, from a financial point of view, economically friendly to the company. In other words, keeping them costs much less than letting them go.
ahahahahaha so at 20-30 years old you decide to retire from KAC to accept sitting in the office on a government job.......guys i would never hire you back even for 1bln KD
peace and love
CD

pilotocuco
20th Dec 2016, 12:28
Not Easy life in KAC

Administration process in this airline is nightmare..

The failures on sims are huge...until now around 10 pilots failed

So far the local examiners think they are the best.....

After 2 months they kick you out from hotel without warning..

Don't come here..except you are in an emergency:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

pfvspnf
11th Jan 2017, 02:47
Wait till you see how you are treated as an expat there! Expats and non Arabs are not going to make it at kwi

airborneksa
11th Jan 2017, 06:51
So far no issues except the residence permit process which took 2 weeks, TR planned for UK. The city is quiet and people in the company are normal. Everyone very busy and understaffed.

pfvspnf
11th Jan 2017, 07:28
wait till you get on the line and they see an expat taking their job