PDA

View Full Version : The Melbourne Machine

VSsenior
29th Oct 2016, 08:42
Anybody know what happened the 4 horseman that did the job on the Melbourne machine?

My son and I visitors Teruel on Tuesday and there 3 EK A345's parked up there, told him the story and he asked what happened with the crew.

I understand all 4 of them had their resignations pre-written for them on return to Dubai, but did they all manage to get further employment after the incident?

And also, what measures did EK/Airbus put in place after the incident, as far i can see reading the report, and our current SOP's, not much, if anything, has changed?

Many thanks

Schnowzer
29th Oct 2016, 08:51
SOPs changed completely by Airbus/EK to provide independent performance computation to try and prevent recurrence.

Augmenting crew are still employed by Emirates as far as I know.

Talparc
29th Oct 2016, 09:01
Operating Crew got fired and went to court in order to get a good compansation.
Augmenting Crew still here.

fatbus
29th Oct 2016, 11:37
Talparc are you positive they took EK to court.

Praise Jebus
29th Oct 2016, 13:25
The captain did not take court action although he wanted too. Legal advise was he had "resigned" There's a lesson there.....

777boyindubai
29th Oct 2016, 15:56
K did want to take them to court. His wife (also a pilot) was behind him. He knew where a lot of skeletons were buried so ek settled with him out of court. A friend met him a few years ago. The bit about the resignation letters is true. Don't sign anything they give you and never in haste.

vfenext
30th Oct 2016, 06:39
777boy, Cant help notice how as an ex EK employee you are obsessed with negativity. Spending way too much time here to be anything but bitter. Let it go as nobody you're trying to hurt cares about your opinion anymore. The bias in your posts is really showing and your sanity isn't worth it.

777boyindubai
30th Oct 2016, 06:52
I am obsessed with outing all the liars and dishonest people that destroyed one of the best jobs in the industry. For negativity read truthful. I'm sorry you feel that way. Please feel free to ignore me of you do choose. Have a great day.

vfenext
30th Oct 2016, 07:46
Okay as you wish but it sure looks like you're losing it on a public forum. The ones you desperately want to out don't care what you say. Right now you are letting them live rent free in your head. Thats a win for them not you. I won't be ignoring you as I still see the entertainment value in your posts. They are supposed to be entertaining, right?

777boyindubai
30th Oct 2016, 07:51
No buddy. They are not. They are also put so potential newbies can see the depths that EK trolls and management stooges will go to hide the truth. Au contraire my dear boy, YOU and the other management lackies are the ones the provide entertainment.

vfenext
30th Oct 2016, 08:17
Me, management? LOL Whatever makes you feel better then.

777boyindubai
30th Oct 2016, 09:25
It's called professional courtesy to warn others of the methodology of EK Management. If you are not management then please comment on two items. 1. What do you think of the huge amount of experienced guys leaving every month? 2. Any comments on one rule for the UAE National pilots who screw up and expats? By the way I've flown with lots of great Emiratis.So it's not a pissing competition. Make mine a latte, please? Thanks

Payscale
30th Oct 2016, 11:09
777boy...

How much did he get in the settlement?

777boyindubai
30th Oct 2016, 11:28
Payscale. I don't know the exact amount. It looks like he asked for 5 years' salary and accommodation allowance. I think he ended up with two. A friend in DSO met up with him a few years ago and that was what was relayed.

Payscale
30th Oct 2016, 12:10
Your friend is pulling your leg... I also know someone who knows someone that talked to someone else

fo4ever
1st Nov 2016, 03:38
Sorry to disappoint you guys but:

The Captain asked for NOTHING and got NOTHING.

He left and went home to unemployment, had a rocky time but fought his way back and is now doing great.

The FO and Capt were booted out of here with TCAS' fist in their asses!

Don't know if the FO got any money or not. Who cares as long as he is doing well.

Payscale
1st Nov 2016, 05:52
...and that my friends is hopefully the last we hear of this....let it rest now.