PDA

View Full Version : Emirates New Pilot Recruitment AD!

TheTypicalBrit
27th Oct 2016, 11:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZGnWtMElE4&ab_channel=Emirates

So what do you think?

Mrs Mangels
27th Oct 2016, 11:23
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Airbuspilot72
27th Oct 2016, 11:37
Good for him. He is living his dream. I m serving my bond ����������

bogeydope
27th Oct 2016, 12:16
He sure gets to the aircraft in a different fashion than the rest of us.................

alishour747
27th Oct 2016, 12:25
Hello,
My name is Ali Shour. I am Irish/Lebanese. I hold a FAA CPL License. Currently flying the Boeing 737. I have almost 1000 hours on the Boeing and around 200 hours from training. I hope to get my FAA ATPL in the next couple of months. In order for me to get a EASA License I heard the process is easier once you have the FAA ATPL. Kindly what is the exact procedure? And do you advise me getting a EASA License or not necessary ?

Many Thanks,
Ali Shour,

electricdeathjet
27th Oct 2016, 12:28
Not much wind for his kite surfing, the sea was like a millpond

lfrk
27th Oct 2016, 13:36
I didn't know Meydan was near the beach!

Praise Jebus
27th Oct 2016, 14:13
Almost the whole family in it....where was his old man Maaaaate...?

Craggenmore
27th Oct 2016, 14:20
He loves it as 380 FO's have around 15-18 days off each month.

Something like....LHR. 6 days off. MUC. 6 days off. JFK. 6 days off. Done..!

Just look at his November roster!!!!!!!

Whairdhugo
27th Oct 2016, 14:25
I think I felt like a certain former US president dodging an Iraqi reporter's shoe. Only instead of a shoe, it was repeated lobs of mierda de toro.

TangoUniform
27th Oct 2016, 14:35
Ha ha. Look at the last 5 seconds and you will notice, the brain trust that edited this, reversed the film. Signs in the background backwards, wings reversed on the jacket etc. Ah, quality assurance at its best.

fliion
27th Oct 2016, 15:28
Last sentence:

"I'm living my dream as a First Officer on the A380 and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else"

Good news: You won't be anywhere else for the next 12 years if you're as young as you look!

Jetkopite
27th Oct 2016, 15:30
Who wouldn't love life on the 380??? Its a different world over there with plenty of days in between trips to rest unlike the inhumane 777 rosters.. Hope someone brings this up at the "improving rosters" meeting next month...

donpizmeov
27th Oct 2016, 23:01
When did you join jetkopite. Think we have been saying for years that 330 rosters were on the way to the 777.
In a few years time they will happen on the 380.
It's no secret.

ironbutt57
28th Oct 2016, 04:48
He's a decent young fellow, just saturated in the koolaid for the time being, as most of us were at one time or another...

BobDole
28th Oct 2016, 05:26
If he is happy and got something for being the new poster boy then good for him. At least he seems to be happy. Why rain on someone else's parade just because you don't agree.

Live and let live... seriously.

Jetkopite
28th Oct 2016, 05:53
@the don.... Ive been here for just over 9 years and granted the 330 had rough times with loads of night turns etc but not seen them as bad as the 777 in the last 5-6 years especially for guys in the left seat with ULRs followed by night turns after only 2 days off, nasty East/West combos and lets not forget we fly the freighter also which brings with it some long trips away... Personally I cant see the Super fleet getting anywhere near as bad as that as I really dont see it expanding as per the plans, if they do get their remaining 380 orders EK will be in BIG trouble with that plane !!!

777boyo
28th Oct 2016, 05:57
Bob Dole - well said.
And if he takes after his old man, he'll be a 'bloody good bloke' as they say in Oz, on and off the aircraft. Deserves a fair go.
7B

Kobus Dune
28th Oct 2016, 06:16
Everything is possible with money and connections - we see many of them in cockpits nowadays. After mimicking what they have seen on the left seat for a subsequent couple of years, they might eventually get a command - for ever short of substance, but who cares ? aircraft fly by themselves now, apart from the odd go/around.

" I always wanted to be a pilot" - waoow, will spend his life in the same environment as his teenage and childhood years. And by the way will not a be a pilot either - they call them "flight deck technical crew" ....
So they do live on the beachside in DXB now ? or more likely, Dad's place - which is a good deal for sure.

" I train as much as I can " always good to congratulate yourself, makes life easier. I thought wind was required for kit-surfing, but I might be wrong.

F/O do the walk-around in full dress kit in their company, like trooping the colors ?

In any case, a flight attendant's dream...

glofish
28th Oct 2016, 06:30
The EK Ben:

"Hi. My name is Ben, and I am a Emiratoholic."

Emiratoholic Anonymous Group:

"Hi Ben."

Jetkopite
28th Oct 2016, 06:41
Unfortunately this a new generation of pilots who live to pose on instagram and cant go to the toilet without taking their selfie sticks to show how awesome they are. Most of these guys rather look good and loose than look bad and win !!!!

Flyingishere
28th Oct 2016, 17:34
Unfortunately this a new generation of pilots who live to pose on instagram and cant go to the toilet without taking their selfie sticks to show how awesome they are. Most of these guys rather look good and loose than look bad and win !!!!

At least we don't need to wake up 5 times in the night to go to the toilet ;) yes that is a you're old joke.

Oh and btw in what way are you winning. This Ben seems to be happy, probably got some money for this ad and enjoys his life. You are miserable, probably wasting money away on a divorce and unhappy in life. Easy to see a winner in this one ;)

Jetkopite
28th Oct 2016, 20:36
At least we don't need to wake up 5 times in the night to go to the toilet ;) yes that is a you're old joke.

Oh and btw in what way are you winning. This Ben seems to be happy, probably got some money for this ad and enjoys his life. You are miserable, probably wasting money away on a divorce and unhappy in life. Easy to see a winner in this one ;)
Spare us the drugstore psychology will you?? At 40 yrs of age I hardly need to go to the toilet 5 times, not miserable, not going through divorce as im still with wife number 1 after 19yrs.. Just merely saying these posing instagram pilots with their selfie sticks are painting completely the wrong image of life in EK having been here only 2 minutes!!!!

EK-or-bust
28th Oct 2016, 21:13
What BobDole said.
Seriously guys - leave a fellow pilot be will'ya? Sad reading indeed.

Flyingishere
28th Oct 2016, 21:33
Spare us the drugstore psychology will you?? At 40 yrs of age I hardly need to go to the toilet 5 times, not miserable, not going through divorce as im still with wife number 1 after 19yrs.. Just merely saying these posing instagram pilots with their selfie sticks are painting completely the wrong image of life in EK having been here only 2 minutes!!!!

Well done! Want a cookie? Now leave us youngsters alone who use social media for our own benefit ( guess what? You can make bucket loads of money with it ;))! Enjoy the day fine sir!

Jetkopite
28th Oct 2016, 21:42
Well done! Want a cookie? Now leave us youngsters alone who use social media for our own benefit ( guess what? You can make bucket loads of money with it ;))! Enjoy the day fine sir!
You youngsters go ahead and enjoy your posing in your new shinny jet and honeymoon period, im off to sort out my retirement as its nearly 2041.. ;-))

fliion
29th Oct 2016, 06:39
If you're happy that the Co will be paying new hires more than you after you have been here three plus years...

If you're happy that as a 25 yr old, having signed a five year bond, you will now have to wait ten years to upgrade..

If you're happy that the Co step has not kept up with inflation over the past eight years...

If you're happy that those slow growth upgrades that will be more valuable down the rd for young guys will be taken by level 2 guys junior to you while you wait to be 35...

If you're happy...(vacay, 95+,swap limits,non-comms,med benefit decrease,etc etc...there's too much to go on)

Then go ahead and do a promo video.

Then good for you.

Because the more people they can attract who are happy with the above the more the 'happiness' policies will continue, you're just too young to understand.

But I'm happy to be an "old fart" that expects better than that.

glofish
29th Oct 2016, 06:55
Emirates is a nice job for 25-35, the only thing that is making it bad is you guys. So do yourself and us a favour, gtfo

Don't worry, we will eventually retire, as we old farts are mere mortals .... and then you can live your "forever 25" dream!

One of the things that will never get extinct, a part from arrogance, is stupidity.

Jetkopite
29th Oct 2016, 07:06
Probably the difference here isn't it ;) irregardless of how "****" this job has become, we youngsters don't know any different. Does that make us unlucky? Perhaps, but at least we are happy doing it and no one can take that away. You old farts have seen this job change ( probably you're own fault, cause you're a bunch of nagging babies ) and now you're trying to relive a time which won't come back ever. Only thing you guys are capable of day in day out is complain, hate on the company but the worst thing is, hating on your colleagues. Us youngsters understand you guys must be pissed when you come from that golden age but you cannot understand that we are happy. As a lovely captain once said:"you're not allowed to be happy"

Emirates is a nice job for 25-35, the only thing that is making it bad is you guys. So do yourself and us a favour, gtfo
Haha I can see now why the ladies at work prefer us old farts to young arrogant hot shot stallions like yourself with small selfie sticks.. Funny thing is if you are as young and stupid as you sound then most likely you wont even see the left seat as once honeymoon wares off you will be back at your Low cost airline asking for command !!!! If you represent most of the youngsters here then I can see why this under 35 policy might have put in place, to keep hot shots like you away from the left seat and only promote sensible old farts !!!!! Just saying !!!!!

Flyingishere
29th Oct 2016, 07:22
Haha I can see now why the ladies at work prefer us old farts to young arrogant hot shot stallions like yourself with small selfie sticks.. Funny thing is if you are as young and stupid as you sound then most likely you wont even see the left seat as once honeymoon wares off you will be back at your Low cost airline asking for command !!!! If you represent most of the youngsters here then I can see why this under 35 policy might have put in place, to keep hot shots like you away from the left seat and only promote sensible old farts !!!!! Just saying !!!!!

Yet you got married at the age of 21 ;) and sensible? Get off your throne you elitist so called pilot. Honestly this is my 3rd company and the quality of captains here is horrible. "Shots fired"

Jetkopite
29th Oct 2016, 07:27
Yet you got married at the age of 21 ;) and sensible? Get off your throne you elitist so called pilot. Honestly this is my 3rd company and the quality of captains here is horrible. "Shots fired"
Stop shooting yourself in the foot young man... For what its worth most FOs I fly with are great and very humble but there is the odd acceptation that slip through... Have a great day and enjoy your kite surfing, back to costa tomorrow is it???!!!!!

AlanPardew
29th Oct 2016, 07:38
Flyingishere

As previously suggested it's probably morons like you giving the rest of us under 35's a bad name and restrictions on forwarding our career.

It's no surprise we aren't treated like professionals anymore when you speak the way you do.

Alan

Flyingishere
29th Oct 2016, 07:47
Flyingishere

As previously suggested it's probably morons like you giving the rest of us under 35's a bad name and restrictions on forwarding our career.

It's no surprise we aren't treated like professionals anymore when you speak the way you do.

Alan

Honestly you just made my day! Being treated like professionals. I point out (as a lonely youngster ) what is wrong with the old generation and I get told I'm not professional, yet dozens do it to Instagram guy and Ad guy and are so called professional! Thank you for making my point Alan!

Jetkopite
29th Oct 2016, 07:53
Honestly you just made my day! Being treated like professionals. I point out (as a lonely youngster ) what is wrong with the old generation and I get told I'm not professional, yet dozens do it to Instagram guy and Ad guy and are so called professional! Thank you for making my point Alan!
Lonely??? I can see why this is the case with you...
So what is wrong with us old generation (40 yrs old) exactly???? Because we dont spend all day on instagram trying to get laid?? Or is it because we are not cool if we dont pose with our shades on in the flight deck every 5 mins again trying to get attention and likes from the stupid young selfie girls who get impressed with what we do???

AlanPardew
29th Oct 2016, 08:03
Right you appear to have completely misunderstood what professionalism means. Please feel free to continue to make a prat of yourself on here. My only concern is that passengers might read these forums and think we're all like you.
I think it's gone too far now; we've lost the chance to be a well respected profession because of the way you come across, speak about others, and because of people like your mate Instagram guy. That was really my point.

Alan

CaptainChipotle
30th Oct 2016, 01:18

One thing that isn't automatic in this world is wisdom.

Flyinishere probably has the newest tech and thousands of followers on his Instagram but clearly he/she is either a windup or has a lot to learn. Wisdom comes with time... only if you pay attention.

You can't fight the clock, you'll piss 5 times a night sooner than you think. You might go through a nasty divorce and subsequent custody battles. I would suspect your Instagram posts would steadily decrease.

As far as this recruitment video, if Ben is happy here, then great! I would think EK would be a different job for us if we all grew up here and had family very close. Unfortunately this is an expat airline and most of us are away from our home.

Factor in everything else we deal with (flion has great list above) and I think it's safe to say that Ben is a minority, or outlier.

AlanPardew
30th Oct 2016, 04:46
Apologies, I got caught feeding the troll. After checking through flyingishere posts it's clear he's only on the wind up. After stating he started his flight training "just after 9/11" he then goes on to repeat the fact that he's 26.
If he is for real and just forgot what year 9/11 occurred, or the 777 roster is taking its toll on his maths then I genuinely hope he can stay happy. Sadly for most new joiners, new marriages and new pprune accounts the honeymoon period doesn't last forever.

Alan

Emma Royds
30th Oct 2016, 08:42
I wouldn't bat an eyelid at what my colleagues do in their spare time as it's quite frankly none of my business. There are over 4000 of us now and we all lead different and sometimes very different lives when not at work. All I ask for is that my colleagues whilst I am at work, treat me with the same respect and courtesy as I aim to show towards them.

There are far to many preconceptions that exist based on numerous factors, such as age or where one worked prior to EK. Whilst these may on occasion be valid, the days that I sometimes expect to be a struggle, often turn out to be the complete opposite. This dispels many of these preconceptions and stereotypes and proves that they are often not frequently encountered, for me at least!

(A greying) Emma

OMAAbound
30th Oct 2016, 08:53
Well the thread has gone to sh*t again as per!

Pretty much par for the course on current EK threads!

donpizmeov
30th Oct 2016, 09:10
Those EY threads are so much better right? Oh wait there.

fatbus
30th Oct 2016, 09:32
I agree with with Emma and OMAA. EK pilots have to over themselves

fliion
30th Oct 2016, 14:15
....and their broad generalizations?

Calmcavok
30th Oct 2016, 18:01
This takes the selfies whilst at work to a different level.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/586383-ba-pilot-suspended-flying-wearing-stockings.html

Jack D
30th Oct 2016, 18:06
Surely no stockings allowed above
Fl 350 ? Must read those bulletins !

nolimitholdem
31st Oct 2016, 09:44
fatbus sez:

EK pilots have to over themselves.

Such self-awareness is quite refreshing! :D

fatbus
31st Oct 2016, 10:58
I've got nothing to prove! Been here too long to care anymore.

Officer Kite
31st Oct 2016, 11:24
Well this thread is an embarassment 👀

3Greens
31st Oct 2016, 12:23
As an outsider I think the ad looks good to be honest. He looks like a nice bloke that'd buy me a beer and provide interesting and pleasant company during the flight, and downroute. Wish him well.
He certainly comes across a lot better than many of the toxic posters on here slagging him off.

Bus Driver Man
31st Oct 2016, 12:48
Flyingishere

Alan
Exactly!
Although some older persons on this forum seem to behave the same way.
No surprise that this thread is ruined as well. Just like most of the EK discussions.

Anyway, regarding the video, no I don't like it either, but that's no reason to criticise the pilot in it, like some people are doing here. Don't work out your frustrations in life by shooting the messenger.

A320ECAM
31st Oct 2016, 22:29
Guys, I do not understand the negative remarks and comments with EK.

If you have a passion for flying, then surely any airline job would be great! Just think about all of those who aspire to be airline pilots.. and believe me, there are a lot of businesses out there in other industries which are worse than EK.

notapilot15
1st Nov 2016, 01:09
Good news selfie pilot is 51 and looking for a new gig.

FENNEC2006
1st Nov 2016, 05:14
Ben looks definitely happy, look at his rosters. Now they have to AWARD him at least 15 days OFF/month to match the AD.
HAPPY BEN...

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 06:57
Guys, I do not understand the negative remarks and comments with EK.

If you have a passion for flying, then surely any airline job would be great! Just think about all of those who aspire to be airline pilots.. and believe me, there are a lot of businesses out there in other industries which are worse than EK.
I think all of us here had a passion for flying once apon a time, but that has been sucked out of us especially the guys who have been here for over 7/8 years or so.. Guys who have been here or 2 mins are no position to comment.
I really dont care about the aspiring pilots as we all know what thats like and been there, some get easy rides to a job and some like myself it took a long while and worked my way up over the years to get where I am only to be treated like crap and with a lack of respect by a failing management who instead of looking after who they have they crap on them, increase salaries to new joiners to replace the experienced pilot exodus..

Yes there are many more worse jobs out there than EK but I and many others here look at our own situation we are living in now. Most of my friends have left and I am not too far behind now... Its time to fall in love with flying once again and this can only be done by getting the hell out of here or wait for a miracle here!!!

donpizmeov
1st Nov 2016, 07:07
Guys who joined 7 or 8 years ago should have read what was written on this site back then. Nothing has changed. Just the fleet names have changed.

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 07:10
Guys who joined 7 or 8 years ago should have read what was written on this site back then. Nothing has changed. Just the fleet names have changed.
Well I joined over 9 years ago but still even 7/8yrs ago I remember people generally happy with 70-75hrs a month especially in the right seat..

donpizmeov
1st Nov 2016, 07:56
That would have been on the Boeing right? Not like that on the mini bus.

MusingMonk
1st Nov 2016, 08:35
I didn't see any problems what so ever with the ad. The add is not about the particular guy, it is intended as an add about the EK first officers. All dont live in meydan by the way and all are not financially broke. If you have money in Dubai.. I dont think its a bad place to be.

Just because some young guy did an add doesn't mean we start a discussion of old vs young. Who knows they might come up with an add about captains as well.. I am sure I have flown with a lot guys who wouldnt mind doing it.

I dont understand how any of this is about old vs young.

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 09:24
@DON..... Why does everything on this forum have to become a dual between Boeing v Airbus?? The fact of the matter its all of us getting screwed here and some how we end up turning against each, just what the guys at the bouncy place enjoy.. Pathetic really.. No wonder people on the outside think EK pilots are a bunch of TOSXXRS !!!!

donpizmeov
1st Nov 2016, 09:35
Jet I am just stating that guys were being shafted when you joined. It is not something new. I am not saying its right, however, it was happening when you decided to join. Its just happening to you now instead of someone else.

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 09:41
Jet I am just stating that guys were being shafted when you joined. It is not something new. I am not saying its right, however, it was happening when you decided to join. Its just happening to you now instead of someone else.
Well no its not happening to me just now, this started just over 5 years ago when I moved into the left seat. Its nothing new now.. Yes the mini bus guys got it bad years ago but my friends on it have enjoyed the last 2-3 years with 20-30 hrs a month and recently barely 10hrs while we on the Boeing have been doing 95-105 hrs East/West, night turns, shared rest and freighter flying.. Its been happening on the Boeing for many years and there is no way things will change on this fleet the turns and 7-8 days off a mnth are here to stay..

donpizmeov
1st Nov 2016, 10:33
So we agree. Nothing has changed. Just the fleets. As it will do again.

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 11:30
So we agree. Nothing has changed. Just the fleets. As it will do again.
I cant see anything changing on the Boeing unless an order for a smaller type comes in to do most of the Regional routes and leave the Triple to do Med/Long haul..

Sky7
1st Nov 2016, 15:15
and... one for the 777

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5dVV0JkU0

motley flight crue
1st Nov 2016, 15:40
The 777 FO is happy as he'd resigned before making the video to go back to QF.

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 16:12
The 777 FO is happy as he'd resigned before making the video to go back to QF.
Haha is that true???

motley flight crue
1st Nov 2016, 16:58
Yep, all true

A320ECAM
1st Nov 2016, 18:43
Motley, source for that libel?

Sky7
1st Nov 2016, 19:09
Dont be silly now, he's just made it in.. give him some time ;)