PDA

View Full Version : November roster

Mach.888
24th Oct 2016, 13:33
So here we go again.
I can see on ICrew that every other crew member, except the pilots, have there rosters.
The contempt for the hard working pilots are obvious.

bogeydope
24th Oct 2016, 13:42
So here we go again.
I can see on ICrew that every other crew member, except the pilots, have there rosters.
The contempt for the hard working pilots are obvious.
It takes a while to put a 4000+ piece puzzle together...........

Can't agree with you more!!

delorean79
24th Oct 2016, 13:55
Limits became targets.

But don't worry, this is just the company looking for our happiness and satisfaction.

The roster will suck so much that they are doing us a favor not releasing it.

Fugazi
24th Oct 2016, 14:05
It is simply unacceptable. Management are treating us with contempt. They just don't care :(

thrustidle74
24th Oct 2016, 14:06
Limits became targets

Targets became unachievable.

TooLow
24th Oct 2016, 14:09
Is it contempt or incompetence? I think the latter.

Either way I feel like a fool constantly checking to see if it's out. Would like to plan my 'life' for the next month but obviously that's of no concern to them. Corksuckers.

Desert Camel
24th Oct 2016, 14:20
I think it is contempt... they know exactly what they're doing, believe me. Entry level 2 scheme, etc.... are perfect examples. They will try to squeeze as much as possible out of us, they simply don't care.

Let's see if the roster comes out before or after 10 this time, and what a disaster it is.

Mach_Krit
24th Oct 2016, 14:26
the place is falling apart. it shows on every corner, yet they stick their head in the sand and ignore the world. they wouldnt even notice if we stopped flying all together, thats how deep their heads are in their own ar*es

alwayzinit
24th Oct 2016, 14:29
I am not one to drink the Koolaid however isn't the roster target tomorrow??

Fugazi
24th Oct 2016, 14:35
Believe it is 0001 tomorrow, so the rosters should be out before then. :uhoh:

777-200LR
24th Oct 2016, 14:46
Shouldn't be a disaster, AAR said everyone will be on 85 hrs

Spikedog
24th Oct 2016, 14:59
Shouldn't be a disaster, AAR said everyone will be on 85 hrs

Yep, I'm sure we will get max 85 hours and all the leave we're owed

777-200LR
24th Oct 2016, 15:09
Yep, I'm sure we will get max 85 hours and all the leave we're owed

What we're owed and then the 42 days

bigdaviet
24th Oct 2016, 15:14
Whats the record?! Two months ago it was pretty late i seem to remember.

Spikedog
24th Oct 2016, 15:31
Whats the record?! Two months ago it was pretty late i seem to remember.

Yeah, that was around 23:30 for 777

eagleflight
24th Oct 2016, 16:17
Yeap, that's why we got dnata holiday offers around 20:00h by mail...:ugh:
Veeery important information, who cares about rosters for the lazy pilots ! :}

Eau de Boeing
24th Oct 2016, 16:17
380 LHS rosters out at 20:00

TangoUniform
24th Oct 2016, 16:48
Well I've sent my reply to Henry. I look forward to the forum to air my views!!!

Cretins!!!
Very good. I hope there are 300 pilots wanting to go on the 31st. If a standard 50 show up, management conclusion will be, that the pilot's don't G.A.S. Honestly, put yourself on that podium. You are there to either explain, listen, rationalize, or pretend to listen. 50 pilots show up....10-15 might have the cajones to say something. Conclusion will be that the pilot's world is fine. Three hundred show up filling all the seats, standing along the walls, sitting in the aisles. Now put yourself on that podium. Different story. Does it change anything? Probably not, but you got their attention. Please sign up.

Calmcavok
24th Oct 2016, 19:06
Well I've just accepted a bunch of changes to my November roster.

What they were will forever remain a mystery.

aeropix
24th Oct 2016, 19:29
I thought the requirement to publish rosters by a certain time was quietly removed from the OM-A almost a year ago. I can't find any reference in any company manual that requires roster publication at any certain time, so technically can't they publish it on the 31st?

As "Management" recently sternly reminded us, they are not even contractually obliged to provide a roster, or bidding system for that matter.

"No sir, I don't like it!"

Cloud Bunny
24th Oct 2016, 19:34
Well I've just accepted a bunch of changes to my November roster.

What they were will forever remain a mystery.
Ha! Me too, the entire month.

Whairdhugo
24th Oct 2016, 20:05
System wouldn't let me bid for Nov as it was pre-awarded RSV. No email with roster received, but a cursory check reveals a roster with hours below 90 for the first time since I can remember. Maybe with all that free time I can start a new hobby. At least they saved me a month of calling Ms. Evita at 1800.

TangoUniform
24th Oct 2016, 20:14
Well here it is, past midnight in DXB and no stinkin' roster for the 777. Just checked my last 15 rosters and the latest it ever came out was 2210 on the 24th.

fliion
24th Oct 2016, 20:17
Wonder if the Level 2 guys get theirs earlier?

eagleflight
24th Oct 2016, 20:20
A new low in this company. :yuk:
Costa will open by 07:00 and close by 19:00 - therefore, expecting B777 rosters on Tuesday, by 20:30 at the earliest.
Good night everyone.:\

Plane and simple
24th Oct 2016, 20:21
Make a note of any dates changed before roster publication. This is AARs men putting in manual insertions that should have been days off for you.

The Outlaw
24th Oct 2016, 21:22
95 HRS. for Nov...

AAR Still full of lies and Sh1t as usual.

If he doesn't know about the rosters...what else doesn't he know about?

Hurry up CM...time to see what you're made of...

trimotor
25th Oct 2016, 03:52
COME ON YOU USELESS SELF-AGRANDISING PRICKS! WHERE'S MY EFFING ROSTER? (shouting intended. Add desk thumping a/r)

Visual Procedures
25th Oct 2016, 04:02
Close the bidding at 0500 3 days early, pursers rosters out on the 15th, publish the flight deck rosters as late as possible.. nope.. no crewing problems at all..

Desert Camel
25th Oct 2016, 04:14
An all-time low. Absolutely pathetic, and of course, no comms... sorry can't publish roster on time, we don't have enough pilots! What next?

Calmcavok
25th Oct 2016, 04:23
With November pretty much the quietest time of the year for air travel, I thought EK were being proactive this year with the number of rotation suspensions and frequency reductions over this period.

The fact that they seem unable to crew what's left speaks volumes about crew resources.

But don't worry, we're not short of pilots.

A320ECAM
25th Oct 2016, 04:55
And I thought my outfit was bad with publishing our rosters on 16th of every month. That gives me at least two weeks to plan the following month at the moment.

What EK has done with next month's roster is unfair. 6 days to go and still no roster? How does one plan for that?

Nedul
25th Oct 2016, 04:57
Ha ha ha ha .......
Don't get too excited folks.
Top Bid 777
A sneak peak leads me to.....
Bangalore, Karachi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Yangon/Hanoi, Entebbe, Sao Paulo, Kabul

I S**T you not....
You can't make this up, please don't release the rosters......Please.....Pretty please

777-200LR
25th Oct 2016, 05:05
If rosters had the same OFP style reference, ours for November would like this 128/0/0

Calmcavok
25th Oct 2016, 06:51
FYI. The roster is in MyMint.

At least I've had the opportunity to shout at my long suffering computer.

LongRangeNav
25th Oct 2016, 07:09
Could hardly contain my enthusiasm......finally out ....10 days work due annual leave and 44 hours flying. These muppets are taking the p@&s!!!

ilariomaybe
25th Oct 2016, 07:30
Rosters are at my mint and apollo , why on freaking earth they haven't been send to our mailbox !? It's a disgrace, out of reality... I'm done with this ��

Kapitanleutnant
25th Oct 2016, 07:38
But.... at least you're only flying 85 hours, right... according to the man himself???

What a slave ship operation. No respect for employees.... their most valuable asset and they don't even realize it... or don't care!

K

natops
25th Oct 2016, 07:39
And there it is...

7 T/A
2 layovers... 😳
B777

Seriously?

Plane and simple
25th Oct 2016, 07:49
Don't worry. Those hard working guys in the Fleet office will stand up for us to make sure this never happens again.

Epiphone
25th Oct 2016, 08:00
Well I got less than 85 hours. 60 to be exact. The fact I have 2 weeks annual leave means nothing right. ��

aeropix
25th Oct 2016, 08:04
I got the "experimental" freighter roster. They DID give the 5 day off block, but then squeezed in a night turn between the 5-days and my leave. Would it kill them to just think like HUMANS and give the 5-day block before leave?

montencee
25th Oct 2016, 08:21
I got the "experimental" freighter roster. They DID give the 5 day off block, but then squeezed in a night turn between the 5-days and my leave. Would it kill them to just think like HUMANS and give the 5-day block before leave?

I'm not sure what the experimental freighter roster is but a few months ago they sent a notification out mentioning that we shouldn't expect more than 1 day off before leave and 2 days off after leave. In my case they went out of their way to make sure I didn't get 2 days off before leave by manually inserting a Standby Sim Support although I had strategically and successfully bid to get 2 days off before that leave.

More recently in October when I was looking for swaps I noticed that every crew roster I saw with leave in it had zero days off before leave although I haven't seen any notification about that.

Buyer beware.

QNHbox
25th Oct 2016, 10:00
Stop putting an effort into those who show no effort towards you,
those who don't show the same respect.. those who abuse you just because they can.

maurondi
25th Oct 2016, 12:16
180 hours between a East and a West trip is the last improvement in the swapping system.
we can come back from a flight Eastbound on the morning of the 10th and leave for a looong flight to the West on the 13th at lunchtime.
BUT we will be forbidden to swap that looong flight with the very same flight on the 14th!!!
Of course as everyone knows three local nights make us acclimatised, no less. But anywhere between four and seven local nights aren't unable to provide for a real rest between two flights in two different directions.....

KippaLippa
25th Oct 2016, 13:10
I guess the rule is:
1, 2 nights are not enough,
3 nights OK
4, 5, 6, 7, not OK
8 nights or more, OK!

this makes sense

Kobus Dune
25th Oct 2016, 14:09
And guys, how long are we going to suffer this ridiculously-looking table for browsing "give-away" flights in the eswap pages ?

Instead of the mind-blowing mess which it currently is (done a couple of years ago by some illiterate colleagues on sick leave, helped by a couple of sub-continent technicians) we should have :

1st column : date(s)

2nd column : what is given away (and by destinations please, not by duty numbers (!#@!!$?!!)

3rd column : what would be nice to get instead (destinations again)

4th column : comments

5th column : roster

6th column : proceed

7th column : staff number

8th column : name

and the phone numbers will appear in any case when you start investigate the other pilot's roster.

Honestly, it would make life and swapping so easier.

Suggested a couple of times towards the involved individuals - considering their enthusiasm, resorted to pprune.

fliion
25th Oct 2016, 14:23
96 hours in NOV.

Now what was that about AAR & 85?

KippaLippa
25th Oct 2016, 15:14
180 hours between a East and a West trip is the last improvement in the swapping system.
we can come back from a flight Eastbound on the morning of the 10th and leave for a looong flight to the West on the 13th at lunchtime.
BUT we will be forbidden to swap that looong flight with the very same flight on the 14th!!!
Of course as everyone knows three local nights make us acclimatised, no less. But anywhere between four and seven local nights aren't unable to provide for a real rest between two flights in two different directions.....
haven't seen this new 180 hours thing yet

does this mean that two East-West) layovers can't be swapped anywhere closer than 7.5 DAYS?? even if they were already closer than that??

you must be mistaken. I hope.
Regards

pumpkin
25th Oct 2016, 15:47
..98 hrs....

gardenshed
25th Oct 2016, 16:50
98:75 hrs in Nov.
Perhaps Management musings for 85 were only for the Boeing guys. :mad:

fliion
25th Oct 2016, 16:54
Quite a few colleagues given week long "RSE" days.

?

Desert Camel
25th Oct 2016, 17:06
I guess a lot of people have reached their 900 hours...and need a breather

SilverSeated
25th Oct 2016, 17:48
I guess a lot of people have reached their 900 hours...and need a breather

Don't bank on it, mine was chokka with flights! When I saw a week of RSE days appear I was anticipating a breather - what was I thinking!

LongRangeNav
26th Oct 2016, 07:33
Finally an apology from the Castle. If they knew there was a problem on the 23rd why not advise us then? On the positive side maybe, just maybe, someone has listened to our feedback and is not treating us with the general contempt of the majority. Time will tell.

TangoUniform
26th Oct 2016, 08:32
Finally an apology from the Castle. If they knew there was a problem on the 23rd why not advise us then? On the positive side maybe, just maybe, someone has listened to our feedback and is not treating us with the general contempt of the majority. Time will tell.
Time hasn't told us anything in nearly a decade. Well actually I may be wrong. Time has told us over and over that nothing gets better or changes positively.

fliion
26th Oct 2016, 09:20
Maybe someone can ask "CAPTAIN" JA on the 31st whether OMA 8.2.16.8.5 has now changed and we give delay PA - AFTER we arrive at the gate 14 hours later.

Panther 88
26th Oct 2016, 09:37
Maybe someone can ask "CAPTAIN" JA on the 31st whether OMA 8.2.16.8.5 has now changed and we give delay PA - AFTER we arrive at the gate 14 hours later.
Excellent!

Calmcavok
23rd Nov 2016, 13:36
So, will it be a copy paste of last months excuse?

White Knight
23rd Nov 2016, 14:04
Yep. A little short staffed again it would seem😳