PDA

View Full Version : Hotel near JKIA / Nairobi?

ithaca
21st Oct 2016, 13:06
Anybody recommend a good hotel near JKIA...?

Just for one night next month so not after anything fancy.

I've stayed at the Ole Sereni before which, while very nice, is pretty expensive. Seems to be the hotel of choice for lots of crews staying down route...

kibz2005
21st Oct 2016, 15:34
Your best bet is The Boma, which is a few ks further towards town but is also pretty nice and slightly cheaper than Ole Sereni. Other option would Eka hotel which is across the road from Ole Sereni but is in the same price range.

PPRuNe Towers
21st Oct 2016, 17:10
Maybe not the price range you want but the EKA is crew friendly and runs a reasonable transport fleet from cars to buses.

Rob

ithaca
23rd Oct 2016, 16:16
Thanks very much kibz2005 and PPRuNe Towers - thankfully it's my company who'll be paying and not me, so I'll see what I can get away with...!!

Cheers.

Foxcotte
24th Oct 2016, 08:40
Definitely recommend Eka as a good viable alternative to Ole Sereni. A friend stayed there recently for bed/breakfast & hotel transfers for US$180. The other nearby hotel (not really so recommended) is Panari - but all of which are within 1km of each other, and only a 10 min ride to the airport. Opening soon is a hotel owned by Carnivore Restuarant, next to Wilson airport, and a short ride from JKA - will be interesting to see what its like....