PDA

View Full Version : Logbook Binding

Hugh Been'ad
19th Oct 2016, 19:33
I have finally got to the end of my logbook and would like to add some extra pages to see me to the end of the tour. Having looked through the searches across this site, Mr Bond in Somerset appeared to be the favoured option here (albeit with a few comms and time snags), but that was a good 12 months ago.

Does anybody have any other good binding recommendations please? I tried somewhere locally who quoted 8 weeks and £150 which appeared a bit steep.

Many thanks

HB

cynicalint
19th Oct 2016, 22:36
I have used Brignell's bookbinders in Cambridge recently to rebind a valuable book. The result looked like a brand new version of the original including guilt lettering and cost £40. No website but phone number is 01223 321280

Sloppy Link
20th Oct 2016, 02:15
Bond produces a marvellous product but he is a G1 nightmare, unanswered calls, no contact, appointments made by mail (remember that?) not kept. I used a chap near Swanage who I got from these pages, open the thread the elusive Mr Bond and you should get it. Failing that, my logbook and I will be in the same building next week and I'll pass it on.

5aday
20th Oct 2016, 10:18
I would appreciate an address as well. Years ago I found a similar business in Kings Lynn
and they bound four RAF Pilots Logbook into one for my father but they don't exist anymore. Now I've retired as well, and would like to do the same.

cynicalint
20th Oct 2016, 22:00
Brignell's do now have a website. Brignellbookbinders.com. Their address is 23-25 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, CB1 2LG.

Sloppy Link
20th Oct 2016, 23:54
Found them...
http://www.djbookbinders.co.uk/

SL

Jumping_Jack
21st Oct 2016, 13:53
That link says they are in Dorset?

Sloppy Link
21st Oct 2016, 14:14
That link says they are in Dorset?

Yep, near Swanage.

Sloppy Link
21st Oct 2016, 14:16
RJ Bond
+44 1935 827762

I wish you luck.....

Hugh Been'ad
19th Nov 2016, 13:00
Sloppy Link. Thanks for the tip on DJBookbinders. I sent him my old logbook along with the (approx 30-40) new pages I wanted inserted into various places and he was straight onto it. Less than a week later I had the logbook back, complete with new cover and gold embossed writing on the front. It was a fantastic job and I am really pleased with the result. All for only £25 plus postage. I would highly recommend Dave Roberts if you are looking to get your logbook sorted.
More details can be found at his website D J Bookbinders (http://www.djbookbinders.co.uk/)