PDA

View Full Version : Responsabilities

Ec130pilot
14th Oct 2016, 18:56
Hello to everyone! My name is Luca and I'd like to know if I can do what my Company want let me do for 1 week. I started to fly in Holland (so EASA) for scenic and photography flight. I am the only pilot on board(PIC), but at the moment I'm not inside the AOC. Normally I did passengers flight from A to A (our base), and they said to me that this can be like a private flight. My question is if I can do it, and if is not possibile, who is responsible? I am or is the Company that have to follow the Operational manual?

thank you very much

whoknows idont
14th Oct 2016, 20:25
If it is a flight of commercial nature, it cannot be "like a privat flight".

if is not possibile, who is responsible?

You are responsible for what you do. Always.

I am or is the Company that have to follow the Operational manual?

Obviously both.

GoodGrief
14th Oct 2016, 20:29
And you're committing tax fraud. Commercial ops are excempt from fuel tax, private flights aren't.

Ec130pilot
14th Oct 2016, 20:40
So its better that I stop now to fly!

malabo
14th Oct 2016, 20:41
Hey, you're building time, without which you'll never climb out of that bottom-feeding rat hole. You could be looking for poachers in Africa with an R44 instead.:(

chopjock
14th Oct 2016, 20:52
GG
And you're committing tax fraud. Commercial ops are excempt from fuel tax, private flights aren't.

I don't understand that comment.:confused:
Since when has it been tax fraud to pay duty when it's not due.?

Ec130pilot
14th Oct 2016, 20:52
of course but I don't want have problems ''just'' for build my hours...

ScotiaQ
15th Oct 2016, 11:15
Hi EC 130 pilot. What you are doing is illegal under EASA Rules. Never mind about any tax fraud. What you are doing could result in removal of your licence. I hope that at least you have a CPL?

Sq

MightyGem
15th Oct 2016, 15:37
Since when has it been tax fraud to pay duty when it's not due.?
Have to agree with chopjock on that. For once.:E

212man
15th Oct 2016, 16:05
...at the moment I'm not inside the AOC...........and they said to me that this can be like a private flight.

Is Air Law part of the CPL syllabus these days?

Ec130pilot
15th Oct 2016, 17:54
fortunately I did nothing yet! And I'll do nothing, I prefer to lose my job that my license.

paco
15th Oct 2016, 18:22
As 212 man says -

But anyway, if it is aerial work it is not commercial and Part Ops does not apply. Aerial work includes photography flights, on which you can take "essential persons".

However, this is not the case in all countries - not in the UK at least, so you would need to check your local legislation as well.

Sounds like you need to get away quickly from that lot.

A-A flying requires an AOC and an ops manual.

phil

cloudpusher
15th Oct 2016, 18:37
Contact ILT (Dutch CAA) and they can (and will) answer your question(s).
You as a pilot are always responsible to follow the rules/law!
In Holland for AtoA flights you need to apply the "old" JAR OPS 3 for helicopters.
So for your AtoA flights you need to be on the AOC, sounds like you are not.......
Source: ILT (August 2016)

I agree with Paco.......run

roundwego
15th Oct 2016, 19:43
My understanding is that if the aircraft is on the AOC, it must be operated in accordance with the AOC requirements, i.e. you must follow the rules of the approved Operations Manual which will include the limitations of the approved operating area. If your employer want you to fly outside the AOC area, it should apply to your regulatory authority who may require particular conditions to be implemented to ensure safe operation. This will probably require more paperwork in the form of an Ops Manual instruction for the operation in mind.

Aesir
16th Oct 2016, 10:44
What do you mean when saying you are not inside the AOC?

"I am the only pilot on board(PIC), but at the moment I'm not inside the AOC.Ļ

I would think itīs likely that you have done an OPC with the operator. They are probably not letting you fly their expensive helicopter without some assurances that you are competent. Have you not finished the conversion/introduction course into the company? Some courses can be deferred to later date if on training schedule if you have previous course from other operators.

I suggest you sit down with the DoFO or chief pilot and ask them to explain your introductory training better before you take any drastic measures. Itīs better for you to cooperate and assist your management in your training. It may not be that complicated after all.

firebird_uk
16th Oct 2016, 14:23
It would be possible to sell A to A Introductory Flights on a per seat basis and have no AOC / FTO. If Holland is the same as the UK then any organisation that promotes aviation can offer A to A flights up to 90 minutes in duration which can even be flown by a PPL(H) [but they can't be paid].

It's a massive kick in the nuts for AOC holders. Expect FTOs and voucher sellers to start abusing this provision.

Details here:https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/Aircraft-ownership-and-maintenance/Guidance-on-cost-sharing-and-introductory-flights/

Ec130pilot
19th Oct 2016, 12:59
Can I do myself the CRM, dangerous good, ESET and find an examiner outside the company for the line and Opc check?

Aesir
19th Oct 2016, 15:26
Can I do myself the CRM, dangerous good, ESET and find an examiner outside the company for the line and Opc check?

In theory no. But, there is always a "but!".

Training by outside source must fulfill the requirements set out in the companies (AOC holder) manuals. So the training must be of certain standards. However the training manager could possibly, after review, allow the courses. The OPC must be done by FE/TRE or qualified company pilot in accordance with the companies standards using this particular companies forms. You would also need introductory course into the company manuals, culture, forms etc which can hardly be done by outside source however the training manager could appoint someone inhouse to do the theoretical intro course with you.

It seems to me that you want to get a job with this company but they have limited time or resources to finish your courses. Itīs a well known problem for operators. Just keep at it and continue with the approval of the training manager or his deputy if heīs is busy.