PDA

View Full Version : EK September Resignations

777boyindubai
27th Sep 2016, 09:39
68 (sixty eight) guys resigned in September. That was only up until the 25th. I'm all out of superlatives for describing the stupidity and arrogance of these people who claim to manage EK. Lattes all round....

donpizmeov
27th Sep 2016, 09:41
And yet they still think its ok to demote 334 Capts. They are a special lot.

777boyindubai
27th Sep 2016, 09:56
Exactly, Don. I have read and re-read the thread. Im trying to get why I don't get it. I'm not the brightest but surely even those idiots in the bouncy castle can see this is totally wrong.

Mango
27th Sep 2016, 10:12
68 resignations? Where do you get these figures from? I thought they are trying to hide this kind of info.

Buford
27th Sep 2016, 10:41
Think it's a mass exodus for those wanting to resign in time to enjoy Christmas back home. All the best to those who are heading out.

DuneMentat
27th Sep 2016, 10:48
Since January about 430 have joined with 145 leaving so I find it kinda hard to believe 68 have resigned in one month

PositiveRate876
27th Sep 2016, 11:00
68 (sixty eight) guys resigned in September

That's 11% down from the June number!
I'm sure somebody from the Costa brigade is getting a bonus for turning the tide.

electricdeathjet
27th Sep 2016, 11:04
68....... Ahahahahahahahahahaha

If my meeting doesn't go well next week I will be no. 69

The only problem is where to?

Eau de Boeing
27th Sep 2016, 12:19
In your meeting, make sure you say "Emirates is the second best flying job in the world".

When they ask you what the best is, say "every other job".

alwayzinit
27th Sep 2016, 12:59
There is fundamental mathematical problem that seems to be being missed by the bouncy castle.
It takes 3 months to complete the resignation process, assuming you are not owed any leave etc, less if you are.
It takes AT LEAST 9 months to get a new joiner on line, 3 months notice at their old employer and a minimum of 6 months to get on line here, especially bearing in mind there are not enough trainers so newbies are being sent on forced leave etc etc.
The situation behind the drag curve will only get worse as more senior guys throw in the towel as there is simply not the capacity in the system to process the numbers needed.
And yet the beatings continue.......................... I guess it'a a special skill to mismanage so completely?:ugh:

Job Knockey
27th Sep 2016, 13:33
Dare I say it, but I suspect that the time from application to being "on line" is likely to be nearer a calendar year.

Application, intervening period before selection day(s), intervening period before job offer, paperwork checks, start date, line training......

And it definitely only takes a maximum of 3 months to get out....

sluggums
27th Sep 2016, 15:45
Ok, I've heard all sorts of stories about numbers leaving. Give us the staff numbers then. Or leave out the first or last number and let us work out the rest.

The Outlaw
27th Sep 2016, 18:20
Has anyone considered that perhaps they will be parking a number of AC and that numerous resignations plays right into that?

By my guess, they will have to park a number of the older 380's just to reduce the bleeding...and the crews along with it.

Publicly resignations looks better than furloughs.

Just food for thought.