PDA

View Full Version : A chat with a Buccaneer nav

mikeyoung1801
23rd Sep 2016, 11:04
I interviewed a Buccaneer nav earlier this year and found the stories fascinating and i am now looking for a Buc pilot to have a chat with. Check it out and if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQEqOAjLP0E

RQEqOAjLP0E

57mm
23rd Sep 2016, 11:32
Hi Mike, PM me and I can give you a steer.

Sanf
24th Sep 2016, 21:35
Hi Mike, my step-dad is ex Buccaneer, 16 sqd, CFI on 237 then final OC 237. Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll see if he is happy to chat.

pr00ne
25th Sep 2016, 06:04
Buccaneer aircrew internet dating?

Chugalug2
25th Sep 2016, 09:48
Fascinating to listen to David Herriot describing his thoughts and recollections, principally about the Buccaneer of course. It illustrated well the strengths and weaknesses of the format in my view. Yes, you get the word direct from the horse's mouth as it were, but that word is necessarily off the top of his head (must bail out of these conflicting mixed metaphors now!) and much gets missed out or is even misspoken.

We have the ultimate medium here on PPRuNe I think. Threads such as "Obtaining an RAF Pilots Brevet in WWII" and the like are a gold mine of direct evidence for future historians to excavate (Oh God, it's happening again!).

Don't get me wrong, OP. You are capturing memories that might otherwise go unrecorded and offering them in an easily accessible way, so well done and thank you! But I'm sure that you agree that the more there is then the better. In that regard I'm pleased that DH is think of writing his own memoirs, if only for the sake of his family history. That is where most such memoirs begin, but in these days of digital media we are all in a sense a part of that family now.

45-25-25
25th Sep 2016, 19:58
Buccaneer Pilot. Mike I have emailed you with a suggestion.

jindabyne
26th Sep 2016, 10:42
DH. Memoirs? I'll send him a fag packet!