PDA

View Full Version : No Comms...

czechmate
16th Sep 2016, 08:11
Is it just me or has it been VERY quiet from HQ recently?

Monthly Fleet Forums - Gone
Fleet Facts Newsletter - Gone
Training Newsletter - Gone
Flt Ops Update- Intermittent

Rumours of minimum age for command, 330 Capt to 380 transfer being postponed with one weeks notice to stay on a fleet with no flying, SO's being proposed but shot down by the upper management as it would be 'beneath' certain people..

Is there anybody out there???

White Knight
16th Sep 2016, 09:05
Apparently not.............

Seems to me to be better that way!

Calmcavok
16th Sep 2016, 11:29
The lack of communication is incredible. It's nice in a way that the RTGS wash up is gone, listening to the same old lines being trotted out got old quickly, but fleet facts was an interesting enough read, the weekly summary email is sporadic at best and contains almost nothing tangible (EPTs - great!). I guess even JA has to some extent given up on the place!

If there is a way to ensure apathy in the workforce, not engaging with them at all sure helps.

777boyindubai
16th Sep 2016, 11:39
Actions speak louder than words. Hence why no words are required.

sluggums
16th Sep 2016, 11:57
Tends to be what happens when bullies get exposed. They slink off and hid under their rocks.

Fear_of_heights
16th Sep 2016, 12:11
At least we get the daily email from grouptoday to learn how to eco water our gardens....

JAARule
16th Sep 2016, 13:26
The only day you should open the inbox is payday. Life is much more enjoyable that way. Get your updates on pprune or at the bar from the FO.

springbok449
16th Sep 2016, 14:08
When a skipper goes around weighing individual bags at an outstation and then goes on to report it or someone goes around verifying that suitcases are locked, I am starting to think that no comms from the company is by far the better option, talk about micro-managing, that is it as its best!

speedbirdhopeful1
16th Sep 2016, 15:54
When a skipper goes around weighing individual bags at an outstation and then goes on to report it or someone goes around verifying that suitcases are locked, I am starting to think that no comms from the company is by far the better option, talk about micro-managing, that is it as its best!

Couldn't agree more. I have a friend who flew with this ASR suitcase lock skipper. Checked every one of them on both sectors and reported them all. He was writing 2 ASR's a week about it at one point. Unsurprisingly is an Aussie.. Our own worst enemies sometimes.

5star
16th Sep 2016, 17:08
Too bad we don't have pigeon holes any more. Remember the sandwich saga with the looser from Italy??? I did lose some weight that time by saving the sandwiches for drop off @hq...

Can someone give us a hint who this tosser is. (actually a word which starts with a s and ends with -bag would be more appropriate).

TooLow
16th Sep 2016, 17:17
This has to be a wind-up surely??

If this is in fact true, not only is this person a very sad and small-minded individual, but he's making us all look bad. He must be outed.

X-BleedOpen
16th Sep 2016, 18:51
This is just all unbelievable... Some of us have been taken off courses and now threaten with this stupid and idiotic age for command rumour, together with the fact that no one has said anything at all for the courses that we were originally planned on... even if some of us have done our interviews 6 months ago!

They have lost it completely... I can tell you of at least 18 guys I have spoken from my group of friends alone, and on both 777 and A380 that will resign the very next day if they put an age requirement.

They clearly have no idea what they are doing or what they are getting into... but good luck in crewing the airplanes!

donpizmeov
16th Sep 2016, 18:54
First it's a British now an Aussie. Speedbird we know you haven't any friends, stop make ****e up.

speedbirdhopeful1
16th Sep 2016, 21:58
First it's a British now an Aussie. Speedbird we know you haven't any friends, stop make ****e up.

Don't remember saying it was a Brit. If it's the suitcase lock thing we are talking about, I would have doubted it myself until I read it in the ASRs appearing several times. It's easy to trace one back, if you don't believe me go and search. I'm not going to copy and paste and ASR on here or share much more about the guy but I assure you it's accurate as I checked it myself.
Anyway the point is that the guy is an idiot, and EK is fast becoming a joke with zero communication. Let's not get side tracked.

nolimitholdem
16th Sep 2016, 22:39
I'd speculate the radio silence is just the calm before the storm. With the new Swiss chop-chopper just arriving onsite no doubt some big changes are looming that render Aussie bag-weighers inconsequential. Gee, I wonder if whatever Mueller is proposing will make things better or...the other?

Be careful what you wish for. I've got my popcorn ready.

Monarch Man
17th Sep 2016, 03:23
Training college staff flying the line, no CC recruitment, reduced airframe utilisation plus a host of other things going on behind the scenes. As was explained to me "it's as if the lights have suddenly been switched on in the roach house". There are a great many in jeopardy, mostly Grade 10 and above for now as the German technocrat seeks to rid us of the plethora of useless DVSPs and the like.
Flight Ops for now is safe given that the resignation rate continues unabated and training are unable to keep pace with replacements. The baby however will most certainly be thrown out with the bath water given the perilous state the various people running their fiefdoms' inside the bouncy are feeling right now as they seek to blame....anyone else.

fatbus
17th Sep 2016, 04:06
Like the comment about turning the lights on in a roach house. Very fitting!

777-200LR
17th Sep 2016, 05:29
This age rumour has very little or no credibility. Someone above mentioned how many FOs will resign the next day if it comes into effect, what about all the mid-20s FOs joining the company now...would you like to tell them it could be over 10 years before they upgrade?
I have been wrong before, but I don't see this ever becoming more official than PPRuNe

Rather Be Skiing
17th Sep 2016, 07:00
This age rumour has very little or no credibility. Someone above mentioned how many FOs will resign the next day if it comes into effect, what about all the mid-20s FOs joining the company now...would you like to tell them it could be over 10 years before they upgrade?
I have been wrong before, but I don't see this ever becoming more official than PPRuNe
Logically, what you say is probably correct. Except for the logically part!

DCS99
17th Sep 2016, 07:42
Training college staff flying the line, no CC recruitment, reduced airframe utilisation plus a host of other things going on behind the scenes. As was explained to me "it's as if the lights have suddenly been switched on in the roach house". There are a great many in jeopardy, mostly Grade 10 and above for now as the Swiss technocrat seeks to rid us of the plethora of useless DVSPs and the like.
Flight Ops for now is safe given that the resignation rate continues unabated and training are unable to keep pace with replacements. The baby however will most certainly be thrown out with the bath water given the perilous state the various people running their fiefdoms' inside the bouncy are feeling right now as they seek to blame....anyone else.

He's German. But every single other word is correct.

CM talks about the burning platform. It's going to get very hot in the Castle.
There will be collateral damage as certain sects will do anything to protect their Empires.
Close the door and avail (I hate that word) a comfortable seat.

Kapitanleutnant
17th Sep 2016, 07:51
Alas....

CM too will hit the all too familiar brick wall every other flight management type has tried to break thru.

The only way things will change at EK IMO is if CM can somehow put a little simple logic and reality into AAR's head. Whether that will happen... we wait to see.

I still think Wasta wins....

K

donpizmeov
17th Sep 2016, 08:02
The slowing of cabin crew recruiting for a few months is because main fleet only crew are now being cross trained onto the 380. Some part time SEP trainers have been released back to the line. All back to normal in NOV.

donpizmeov
17th Sep 2016, 08:03
Jungle drum says huge DEC drive for the 777. 777 Capts to be sent to the 380.

kingpost
17th Sep 2016, 08:48
But who trains the DEC's and the transferred Capt's???

donpizmeov
17th Sep 2016, 09:00
Good point. Well presented.

Monarch Man
17th Sep 2016, 11:28
Don, pure propaganda or the party line whoever told you that, yes there's truth in what you say, but the greater truth is what I posted. As ever the reality is hidden behind layers of spin and opinion, my info came from someone who if I gave specific details of what they told me would potentially identify them, and no it's not come from someone in fleet or training etc.

fliion
17th Sep 2016, 12:23
CC recruitment has not been stopped - multiple assessment days through November.

Batch numbers reduced to eight per month and part time CC trainers put back on line.

All CC to be fully cross trained by Feb - original plan was Nov

The age 35 is NOT a pprune rumor - it is being discussed above.

flyaway777
17th Sep 2016, 12:51
The age 35 is NOT a pprune rumor - it is being discussed above.

Even by EK's recent standards, this one sounds rather outlandish. Quite a few guys who upgraded over the last year are under 35 and will be for a few years to come, so what happens to them if it somehow did get approved? Not to mention the immediate exodus of sub 35yr old SFO's it would trigger. Just what's needed right about now eh?!

VLS with ice
18th Sep 2016, 04:39
Is it possible that the age requirement is something that comes from our insurance providers after our incident?

777-200LR
18th Sep 2016, 17:34
Is it possible that the age requirement is something that comes from our insurance providers after our incident?

It might have done if the pilots concerned were under 35...I'm pretty sure not the case this time.

Capn Rex Havoc
18th Sep 2016, 19:25
It might have done if the pilots concerned were under 35...I'm pretty sure not the case t

Captain in the incident was 34- so I'm pretty sure you are wrong

X-BleedOpen
18th Sep 2016, 19:27
Gents,

The age thing is completely idiotic. A lot of us who joined EK at a young age and are now approaching 5 years in the company, some of us having done the IVs already and will leave "en masse" if this happens. Im young enough to go and start all over in another airline or take a gamble. There are several airlines taking experienced FOs as DECs, like Spring Airlines for example.

Come this age thing... the very next day they will be unable to recruit a single pilot from a LCC.

Capn Rex Havoc
18th Sep 2016, 19:33
X bleed open - see you at Spring Airlines - Junior 😜

kingpost
19th Sep 2016, 01:42
X bleed, you had better start looking!!

parabellum
19th Sep 2016, 02:48
I can imagine just how much of a sickener it would be to be told that the age for a wide body command is 35 but that age is by no means unusual, I have seen it in at least two ops manuals. Possibly a bit easier to take if it is the printed word before one joins. Don't count on any 'mass exodus' either, often talked about, rarely, if ever, happen.

MosEisley
19th Sep 2016, 07:55
They are sending experienced captains back to the right seat, don't think for a minute they would hesitate to make 35 a requirement. I've heard they are willing to park more airplanes as a result of any "exodus" to satisfy whomever is dictating these new terms. As far as not being able to recruit from the LCCs, I'm sure thats been considered. Maybe they've decided they don't need them or don't want them.

The Guru
19th Sep 2016, 08:23
X-Bleed,

Generally we all believe that EK recruitment do a great job considering every aspect of your experience and personality before joining.
The problem is that once you arrive in the Middle East you know ‘nothing’!

Traditionally experience within the airline has only been measured in terms of kilograms.
Consideration of the number of sectors flown, T/Offs and LDGs completed, ETOPS twins vs quads, stick time vs bunk time, merit vs seniority, and age vs maturity, have never really played a part in any upgrade deliberations.

I have no objection with considering the 35 year age limit, but believe a more holistic approach to respecting experience should be conducted, and a more robust policy created that doesn't change every five minutes.

X-BleedOpen
19th Sep 2016, 09:20
Well I don't know... but what I know is that when I did my IV no one said anything besides the fact that I was the right profile and I was ready for the course. Now they want me to wait 5, I say again 5 more years After I have been flying 10 already? What can I do If I started at a young age on a jet? I have met the requirements to upgrade as per the current OMA by FAR!

So what, now a guy with 35 years old and the bare minimum upgrade requirements is better than a 30 year old with say 3000h more, only because he was born earlier? Bulls**t! Most of The affected young guys were captains before or even trainers in previous reputable airlines back in US or Europe.

How about the guys that are already under 35? What about the 5/6 guys that arr about to finish their upgrades as we speak and are below 30? All of a sudden they are not good anymore? Come on please! This is idiotic!!

The problem is that the cadets, that have 7000h actually have about half of that and very few landings/approaches/sectors. Hence why I think the new policy about stick time is a partial patch to what needs to be revisited in the first place. But guys like us who come from LCC with 4000landings on 320, countless deicings and Low Viz Ops, and then 5 years in EK are now not good all of a sudden because of the year we were born?

Please, don't make me laugh. Check the seniority list and tell me at least 400 FOs born after say 1986 (30yo at the moment) will not send the CVs around the very next day this thing comes to live!

They are screwing with the only guys that were still "happy" here... the ones that were keen tp stay here another 10/15 years and the guys who were the future of this airline.

They have already screwed the more senior guys beyond remedy, let's now make sure EVERYONE is ready to leave as soon as they have a feasible option.

Name one time please in which young age has been the main cause of an accident in aviation. Or even better, how different would the outcome of EK521 have been if they were both 35? Come on... seriously.

AMEX
19th Sep 2016, 09:43
Well I don't know... but what I know is that when I did my IV no one said anything besides the fact that I was the right profile and I was ready for the course. Now they want me to wait 5, I say again 5 more years After I have been flying 10 already? What can I do If I started at a young age on a jet? I have met the requirements to upgrade as per the current OMA by FAR!

So what, now a guy with 35 years old and the bare minimum upgrade requirements is better than a 30 year old with say 3000h more, only because he was born earlier? Bulls**t! Most of The affected young guys were captains before or even trainers in previous reputable airlines back in US or Europe.

How about the guys that are already under 35? What about the 5/6 guys that arr about to finish their upgrades as we speak and are below 30? All of a sudden they are not good anymore? Come on please! This is idiotic!!

The problem is that the cadets, that have 7000h actually have about half of that and very few landings/approaches/sectors. Hence why I think the new policy about stick time is a partial patch to what needs to be revisited in the first place. But guys like us who come from LCC with 4000landings on 320, countless deicings and Low Viz Ops, and then 5 years in EK are now not good all of a sudden because of the year we were born?

Please, don't make me laugh. Check the seniority list and tell me at least 400 FOs born after say 1986 (30yo at the moment) will not send the CVs around the very next day this thing comes to live!

They are screwing with the only guys that were still "happy" here... the ones that were keen tp stay here another 10/15 years and the guys who were the future of this airline.

They have already screwed the more senior guys beyond remedy, let's now make sure EVERYONE is ready to leave as soon as they have a feasible option.

Name one time please in which young age has been the main cause of an accident in aviation. Or even better, how different would the outcome of EK521 have been if they were both 35? Come on... seriously.

No offense but I think you have just found out what EK is really about. Better sooner rather than later if you ask me.

X-BleedOpen
19th Sep 2016, 09:47
No offense but I think you have just found out what EK is really about. Better sooner rather than later if you ask me.

None taken. But I would have though this "incident" would lead to changes that are REALLY NEEDED! Not to stupid and pointless knee jerks that will not only not fix anything, but that will rather cause a fire to start elsewhere!

Good luck to them crewing the airplanes, and thanks god I kept my 320 and 330 current.

ruserious
19th Sep 2016, 13:25
But I would have though this "incident" would lead to changes that are REALLY NEEDED! Not to stupid and pointless knee jerks that will not only not fix anything, but that will rather cause a fire to start elsewhere!

Really did you, sorry but you really must lower your expectations if you plan to survive this place

fliion
19th Sep 2016, 13:32
X bleed

They don't care. If you want to get a real sense of the 'pedigree of consideration' in these parts - do a basic search on how many of the destitute Syrian refugees were taken by countries in the region.

From the same religion of brotherhood, love & peace...none.

Keep emotions in check - it's business, they are here to squeeze the expat lemons. We have all sold a little bit of ourselves to be here.

As to threads of happiness from the young guns....just give it time...the naïveté will vanish.

Take them for what you can then leave at a time of your choice. It might be more of a kick in the balls to them if the 30-35 yr olds waited, got their four bars and buggered off straight after.

Methinks this one might be a bridge too far even for them. 35+ DECs , maybe.

Schnowzer
19th Sep 2016, 14:14
Watch out next incident will be a "rattle strike"

parabellum
19th Sep 2016, 23:13
Maybe the age of 35 requirement, if it were to happen, would be A380 only? Just a thought.

fatbus
20th Sep 2016, 03:16
33 for the 777

X-BleedOpen
20th Sep 2016, 03:41
Whatever it is guys, it's completely stupid. There is no other way to put it.

And the cadets? 15 years to upgrade? Come on please...

What are they trying to achieve? And 32 on 777? Ahhaahha so wait a minute, this is a knee jerk reaction to EK521 and they put an age on the fleet where it happened lower than on the other one? Failure rate, regardless of age, has been very low, and the current reqs are fair. Increase the hours, change the selection process, but age? Come on... they are forcing me to leave.

alwayzinit
20th Sep 2016, 05:07
Historically the time to upgrade in the legacy carriers for a long haul spot used to be just that, 15-17 years! Sometimes even longer.
I know this from family experience, my dear old Dad was 17 years in the rhs in BOAC before his Command. His course lasted 12 months with every sector being assessed in the most minute detail, as well as his deportment and dress whilst on layovers!!
Now I know times change, however, it would be strange if the Upgrade policy was NOT changed in line with the ever changing company entry requirements. After all historically everyone coming to EK had had a command before arriving.
Without doubt IF the age bar comes in , it will be a serious blow to those caught in the fallout zone.
Though it must be said, and I stand by with my tin hat for the fall out incoming,
there is a measurable difference in maturity between those pre and post 35.
Maybe it is the arrival of ankle snappers, the loss of the flush of youth or even the arrival of one's first grey hair(or loss of one's luscious locks!!).
Let us remember this is a very serious business, as 521 is a timely reminder.
If the owners of the train set want to change the demographic in the LHS it is their prerogative, it is also their weight to bear when and if a whole age group resigns en mass.

TangoUniform
20th Sep 2016, 06:59
Init, Well said on both ends of the debate. But like you said, the fallout will be very interesting if this comes to be reality.

donpizmeov
20th Sep 2016, 07:13
They seem to be worried about experience levels, but are still happy to let experienced fellas walk out the door. This has been mentioned time after time at wash ups and the like.
But they still don't get it. Some rocks show more intelligence than this lot.

jack schidt
20th Sep 2016, 07:32
I'm sure we have all heard....

"Ye gets what ye pays for"!!

It used to be difficult to get into EK, experience levels were high pre entry, most were a Captain on joining. Even the entry into training now (for some) doesn't require any pre evaluation (interview or psych testing). Desperate times, desperate measures.

Those who value themselves to be worth greater than the fallinging pay, conditions and respect have used their greater wisdom to take their experience to pastures anew.

Definition of insanity, doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result. The MOST valuable asset in any company are the people or workforce. How many times have we been saying this over the years! It appears that if the self praise on certain floors is high, then all must be fine.

As CM states, "You cannot change a company without changing the management", time will tell.

Good day

Jack

fliion
20th Sep 2016, 08:34
So the minimum experience level of a new LTC on the 777 can be less than than the 330/340 Capt who is only now qualified to be an FO on the 380?

What is wrong with these people?

donpizmeov
20th Sep 2016, 08:40
Good point Fliion.

alwayzinit
20th Sep 2016, 11:37
Fliion, there's your problem, you are using logic!:ugh:

I understand that Costa is a wasteland at 10am rather than the start of lunch "hour" since CM arrived...........................

motley flight crue
20th Sep 2016, 12:20
Fliion, You know by now absolutely nothing makes sense. Our management remind me of that johnny Depp movie 'fear and loathing in Las Vegas' just one bad continuous trip.

Don Corleone
20th Sep 2016, 12:30
So the rumour of 35 years old is this for all the fleets or just the 380?

PositiveRate876
20th Sep 2016, 12:47
Does anyone get a feeling that are playing the violin on the Titanic, while the upper floors have already evacuated?

natops
20th Sep 2016, 13:44
I wonder if there will be subtle changes or if they come with a big bang, as a result of the arrival of our German friend.

The eventual departure of AAR will result in parties all over the world, but lets get not to far ahead of the game...

Does wasta ever runs out? We will know within 12 months I guess.

N.👍

flareflyer
20th Sep 2016, 14:05
English is not my main language so probably i don't understand all what you guys say.
Is this german guy some kind of saviour?
For what i read he just cuts jobs........
I don't really understand all these great expectations......
But maybe its me that i cant understand the point

natops
20th Sep 2016, 15:19
Most if the things written on pprune have double meanings...

Nobody knows if CM will bring good things.
But it gives just a bit of hope in these tough times we live in as crews. E.g. Just the thought that because if him, AAR might be moved to the side gives me the will to live another month orso..😜

Dont take stuff written here as truth. Take from it what you can use, drop the rest.

N.👍

flareflyer
20th Sep 2016, 17:26
And why do you think he could move AAR aside????
As i already said i don't get it

Heritage 1
20th Sep 2016, 18:18
He didn't say AAR could be moved aside, he said that we HOPE he can be.

Rather Be Skiing
21st Sep 2016, 06:27
AAR this, CM that, TC etc blah, blah, blah!

It doesn't matter, things will not change. At least not for the better.

The only thing greater than the ignorance shown by management is their arrogance. The belief they are infallible and they can do no wrong. It is always the employees fault.

So, there are really two options, stay because it suits you or leave because it doesn't. We are lucky in todays job market; opportunities abound.

Waiting and hoping is a waist of time.

fatbus
21st Sep 2016, 06:55
Agree! Pilots are way down the list of concerns of the top floors. For those that think CM is going to vastly improve things, what do you expect from him? When you talk about max hours , it is planned for every pilot to fly 900 and for those that fly more there is another that is under..
I like saying leave if you don't like it,A )because I am and B )because many other jobs out there.
For those that are stuck here I feel sorry for you. The latest on the 330 to 380 transfer is again an indication that nothing is as it seems in the ME. Be prepared to be disappointed , disillusioned,disgruntled and most of all deceived !

TIMINGandLUCK
21st Sep 2016, 09:59
An interesting thing happened today. I'm using Allied movers to ship my things back home because I've had enough and resigned from EK. The lady said to me "you are the 6th Emirates pilot this week that I've provided a shipping quote for. I am really getting concerned about who is going to be flying the airplanes." She said she has been doing the job for a number of years and has never seen such a mass exodus.

Ironic that a non Emirates shipping company can see the problem but not the Emirates management...

flareflyer
21st Sep 2016, 10:50
And 26 cpts resigned all together.
Korean organized a course only for ex ek startin in december....

Rather Be Skiing
21st Sep 2016, 11:07
And 26 cpts resigned all together.
Korean organized a course only for ex ek startin in december....

Truly?! That is pretty funny if so! :D

AMEX
21st Sep 2016, 11:15
'.....The lady said to me "you are the 6th Emirates pilot this week that I've provided a shipping quote for.....

Ironic that a non Emirates shipping company can see the problem but not the Emirates management...

Ha ha ha I was the 5th one yesterday 😀😀😀😀😀.

fliion
21st Sep 2016, 12:43
EK - (E)mbrace (K)orean

notapilot15
21st Sep 2016, 15:42
Comms are always difficult from Xanadu Beach Resort & Marina penthouse.

Enos
26th Sep 2016, 07:58
Question

Is it now standard practice to have a duty on the day before leave, I have 3 days off then a duty, I looked to swap the trip forward by a day but the guy doing the duty is also on leave straight after the duty.

I don't remember this being communicated to me, it's been a while since I've had leave though.

Is this just another way to motive pilots to look for another job.

framer
26th Sep 2016, 12:09
Heh heh, no matter how bad it gets, at least you'l never have a title like 'executive Vice President of HR' ....that's humorous , it might as well be ' second in command of being no use to anyone ever' .

cf680c2b
2nd Oct 2016, 08:33
Whatever it is guys, it's completely stupid. There is no other way to put it.

And the cadets? 15 years to upgrade? Come on please...

What are they trying to achieve? And 32 on 777? Ahhaahha so wait a minute, this is a knee jerk reaction to EK521 and they put an age on the fleet where it happened lower than on the other one? Failure rate, regardless of age, has been very low, and the current reqs are fair. Increase the hours, change the selection process, but age? Come on... they are forcing me to leave.

Xbleed, no one cares if you leave. Ek f*^*ks a different group every week and this week happens to be your turn. Bend over, grit your teeth, and take it...... Cause everyone knows you Europeans ain't goin no where!

jack schidt
2nd Oct 2016, 11:21
Seaman S,

Leave (UAE) is 30 days and as aircrew your entitlement shows 42 which is to offset public holidays and the like, so we do get them!

J

Avid Aviator
2nd Oct 2016, 11:25
True JS, but the point is 3rd floor EGHQ office "workers" get 42 days AL PLUS all the public holidays!!
And they actually get their 42 days, not just some of them like most of us.

777-200LR
2nd Oct 2016, 14:20
Do you guys actually believe this age fiasco? Its seems what was once a cruise rumour has now fully convinced a lot of you! And to make it sound viable, you have contributed to the Chinese Whisper but adding that it will be different ages on different fleets :ok:

Enjoy destroying your nights' sleep

-200LR

Don Corleone
2nd Oct 2016, 15:57
Seaman S,

Leave (UAE) is 30 days and as aircrew your entitlement shows 42 which is to offset public holidays and the like, so we do get them!

J

So we have 42 days leave, that gives us exactly 6 times one week vacation since we don't get days off around our leave. 42 days is exactly 42 day if we get them at all.

Now in the office they get 30 days. 1 Week leave costs them 5 days but they can spend 9 days on leave since you have a weekend on either side. So 30 devide by 5 equals 6, times 9 equals 54. This doesn't include public holidays...

But hey we only do 100 plus block hours (for the office staff, that is not the same as duty hours! They will be even more!) a month with a recurrent squeezed in, change our biological clock at least twice a week, cross timezones and work when everybody else is sleeping and on top of that trying to keep everybody safe

kingpost
2nd Oct 2016, 16:03
Are we missing something here;

http://m.gulfnews.com/business/aviation/delta-agrees-to-30-raise-for-pilots-after-nine-month-standoff-1.1905105

Yorkshire_Pudding
2nd Oct 2016, 19:53
First quarter 2016 delta profits 1.56 Billion dollar....