PDA

View Full Version : Emirates duty day?

RobbSpeed
9th Sep 2016, 01:30
Hey guys,

Please don't flame. I just had to look at my profile to see how long I've been a member as this is my first post.

I've seen all the posts of how quality of life at EK has degraded over the years, in regards to monthly hours and no stretch of days off. I'm not a pilot just an aviation enthusiast. I was just curious about the max duty day. I'm not a daily reader so I may have missed it.

For guys on the 777 roster specifically. Say like a flight from Dubai to Adelaide would clearly end with a layover. But is it just two pilots for the whole flight or is there a 'team B'?

And a roughly 7 hour block time from Dubai to western/central Europe. Would that also end with a layover or a turn around?

Thanks for any insight. Not looking for a long discussion, just anyone who has a definite answer.

Thanks very much.
Rob

fatbus
9th Sep 2016, 01:43
Almost any flight over 4.5 to 5 hrs is a layover of @ 24 HR. ULR should be 4 pilots and most of the ULR layovers are @ 48 hrs.

RobbSpeed
9th Sep 2016, 01:45
Ok thank you very much! I really appreciate it! :-)

Rob

777-200LR
9th Sep 2016, 17:51
Recently, most of the very early/late departures (0230-0400) to the subcontinent have also become 24 hrs layovers; MAA, TRV, COK, MLE

six7driver
10th Sep 2016, 05:24
RobbSpeed, not splitting hairs here, but 24 hrs refers to time on ground between scheduled block time, a "layover" of 24 hrs does not mean you spend those 24 hrs at the hotel, more like 20 hrs of actual rest time at the hotel.

jatqual
10th Sep 2016, 09:57
Interestingly, EK has a supposed "minimum rest period" both prior and post flight duties. These rest periods produced a "heart factor" which went some way to ensuring crew were not being driven into an early grave. Approximately 18 months ago, mysteriously, these "minimum rest periods" were significantly reduced for the longer flights (ADL and SEA for example) without any change in the "heart factor". Obviously this factilitated an increased level of productivity from crew. The result of course is indeed an early grave.