PDA

View Full Version : Cranwell secrets revealed

NutLoose
20th Aug 2016, 13:29
How embarrassing for her, to star in the Daily Fail :E

RAF leader sends topless pic to boyfriend and accidentally shares it with soldiers | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3750267/RAF-high-flier-boobs-sends-topless-selfie-boyfriend-accidentally-shares-THOUSANDS-soldiers.html)

MPN11
20th Aug 2016, 19:07
Well, I would, but she's a VERY silly girl.

And then promoted?? WTF??

glad rag
20th Aug 2016, 19:19
Living life to the full, while you can, is to be applauded.

Does this get me onto her mailing list?

brakedwell
20th Aug 2016, 20:24
It's a woman's world :ooh:

ValMORNA
20th Aug 2016, 20:28
Should have checked her 'Take-off' clearance!

ShyTorque
20th Aug 2016, 20:31
She had full support from the top.

Hempy
20th Aug 2016, 23:13
Having seen the pic, it's more like a c-cup tbh

chopper2004
21st Aug 2016, 03:00
Hmm laughingly when saw the photo of her in the tabloids, I thought passing resemblance to Gp Capt Carol :)

AirPolice is right nothing here so lets move / march / fly along - plus this all happened beginning of 2015 so its a non starter.

Best of luck to her @ RAFO

cheers

West Coast
21st Aug 2016, 03:30
Well Hempy, don't bogart the pics in your spank bank, share 'em.

Hempy
21st Aug 2016, 04:26
There's only one, and I don't have a copy of it, I just saw it on a colleagues phone. Even if I did though, I wouldn't post in here, I'd end up like Slasher :{

West Coast
21st Aug 2016, 04:41
Slasher, RIP.

The Old Fat One
21st Aug 2016, 07:37
Assuming she has a solid and balanced "grey matter mainframe" (which is reasonable likely) I'm thinking, she's thinking, "och well, no such thing as bad publicity".

On a lighter note...reminds me of the old crew song...

Get yer ***s oot, get, yer ***ts out, get yer ***s oot, for the boys. And she did, Good girl, no fail here.

Well, I would, but she's a VERY silly girl.

Balls. She was having a private laugh with her geezer and ***ed up the IT. GAFL.

NRU74
21st Aug 2016, 10:43
...someone's got to ask - was the rug $hag pile ?

hat, coat etc

brakedwell
21st Aug 2016, 11:59
She will soon be an Air Vice Marshal, bless her.

Bergerie1
21st Aug 2016, 12:14
Hempy - how about sharing the pictures on Prune.

MPN11
21st Aug 2016, 17:19
Chunky ... what a disappointment :(

Pontius Navigator
21st Aug 2016, 17:37
AirPolice is right nothing here so lets move / march / fly along - plus this all happened beginning of 2015 so its a non starter
cheers
Slack News day, bottom feeding scum, just waiting in some mucky sub-editor's intray.

And who was the loyal bastard that shopped her?

chopper2004
21st Aug 2016, 18:20
Looks like a semi posh tabloid judging by the page :) Its not the Fail or the Times?

cheers

West Coast
21st Aug 2016, 19:55
Chunky ... what a disappointment

Not seeing chunky, but to each his own. Just remember, you can drink her skinny.

Every round shave a pound, every beer shaves a year...

NutLoose
21st Aug 2016, 20:02
She could have at least kept her hat and tie on.

Melchett01
21st Aug 2016, 20:51
Looks like a semi posh tabloid judging by the page :) Its not the Fail or the Times?

cheers

Chopper,

Looks like The Sun ... Based of course on googling the name of the journalist who broke the 'exclusive' rather than personal knowledge from months on ops reading quality journalism. Honest. Not entirely sure sqn ldr constitutes a 'top' RAF officer though. And as noted, each to their own, but I can imagine a lot of gentleman being rather quietly pleased if their significant other was such a sport. But Nutty does have a good point about the hat!

Pontius Navigator
21st Aug 2016, 21:01
Melchett, our In assessment of a Top RAF officer differs from that of Joe Public. Remember a sqn ldr is a Senior Officer, then we have VSO and VVSO that we know as Top but from Joe Public's PIC they are so rare as to be invisible.

Melchett01
21st Aug 2016, 21:06
PN,

True, and it's probably got more journalistic legs than 'Squaddie slapper' or 'airhead airman'. I'll have to make sure the team's business cards and email address blocks are amended accordingly :-)

Ken Scott
21st Aug 2016, 22:57
Maybe I'm being old-fashioned but it's not really the behaviour of an officer & a lady.

Tourist
22nd Aug 2016, 04:39
I disagree.
Good for her.

What I do find reprehensible is Linedog posting it on here.
Why would you do that to one of our own?

Stitchbitch
22nd Aug 2016, 06:21
Got to agree with the no hat/tie combo, bad drills to get caught. I would have thought an officer would have known better, Im sure if it'd been a JR some of the comments would not have been so forgiving.

langleybaston
22nd Aug 2016, 09:10
One great boon of the smartphone/laptop/tablet era is that making a public idiot spectacle of oneself requires much less effort than in the old steam-driven days.

It has made Warhol's dictum come true.

Pontius Navigator
22nd Aug 2016, 10:12
Maybe I'm being old-fashioned but it's not really the behaviour of an officer & a lady.
You are. As LB says, if is easier to make a fool of yourself today. 50 + years ago far more senior officers were seen playing billiards in the mess at Finningley and correctly dressed for the variant played.

BEagle
22nd Aug 2016, 10:43
What was rather strange about that photo (now deleted) was that the young lady was actually holding a mobile phone at the time, yet it was claimed that this was a 'selfie'.

:confused:

If mobile phones had been around in 1940, perhaps a certain Section Officer might have sent naughty pictures to her other half.....

Hempy
22nd Aug 2016, 10:57
A lot of selfies are taken in front of a mirror. I won't elaborate on how I know this...

Shack37
22nd Aug 2016, 14:47
A lot of selfies are taken in front of a mirror. I won't elaborate on how I know this...

I´ve heard that one should turn off the flash when using this technique. Why would that be?

212man
22nd Aug 2016, 14:57
I´ve heard that one should turn off the flash when using this technique. Why would that be?
Is that a genuine question? If so, here are some examples of why it's a bad idea: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mirror+selfie+with+flash&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&imgil=Apazc2GIpjR3WM%253A%253BKkNN2ZfdtRZEUM%253Bhttps%25253 A%25252F%25252Fsoc302pop.wordpress.com%25252F2014%25252F03%2 5252F28%25252Fbut-first-let-me-take-a-selfie%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Apazc2GIpjR3WM%253A%252CKkNN2ZfdtRZEUM%252C_&usg=__u2qlKyi0D08E36t0oGQtaj5JhbQ%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjAgNr5o9XOAhUkMZoKHaXaDokQyjcILQ&ei=ghK7V8C3OaTi6ASltbvICA#imgrc=Apazc2GIpjR3WM%3A

Linedog
22nd Aug 2016, 16:07
What was rather strange about that photo (now deleted) was that the young lady was actually holding a mobile phone at the time, yet it was claimed that this was a 'selfie'.

:confused:

If mobile phones had been around in 1940, perhaps a certain Section Officer might have sent naughty pictures to her other half.....
The phone is probably shooting forwards and into the mirror to capture the image.
I removed the image to hopefully prevent anyone getting all special about it.
The picture is available on several forces forums so it is hardly sensitive.

Tourist, be careful you don't fall off that high horse. You might hurt yourself.
Back in the day, that picture would've been displayed in a prominant position in the linehut for all to see. It's the sort of thing normally posted by young teen girls without any sense on facebook. Hardly the thing for a senior officer to do. Keep your private bits private.

Lonewolf_50
22nd Aug 2016, 16:21
I will offer that this is a sign of progress for women's rights. Until you can screw up in a high profile manner, can you really be said to be "in the club" that for so many years was restricted to just men?

Equal opportunity increases, for both successes and "oopsies" alike.

MPN11
22nd Aug 2016, 17:10
Equal opportunities? You mean male senior officers should be allowed to post pics of their dangly bits?

langleybaston
22nd Aug 2016, 18:06
or, the documents might go West?

Didn't do him any harm, quite the contrary, My Lord.

MPN11
22nd Aug 2016, 18:12
Some of us clearly have a different moral perspective.

Her conduct, whether private or public, is not really what one would hope to see from a senior officer.

At least, that was how it was in my day.

Jimlad1
22nd Aug 2016, 18:13
I don't think any correlation can be drawn between a genuine error on facebook, particularly if her profile was marked to private and a persons ability to do their job properly.

I have a private facebook profile and had no idea tagging something in that way made it public. I suspect its a very common issue, and have no concern here. I do feel deeply sorry for the Officer in question who in my eyes has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Lonewolf_50
22nd Aug 2016, 18:35
Equal opportunities? You mean male senior officers should be allowed to post pics of their dangly bits?
Not so much "allowed" as it would be a gaffe for one of her male peers/colleagues to likewise do a selfie of danglies. The "privates, in private" then becoming public with ensuing eggs on face is as expected.

As I said, equal opportunity for screw ups/oopsies.

I imagine that in your services you have had, as we did, the occasional senior officer putting it where it should not have been put with the ensuing scandal, local or larger, becoming public. (I have in mind a two star who once had the NATO command in Portugal, and a certain XO at a place in Japan about two decades ago).

As to those who point out that a squadron leader is held to a higher standard: agreed.

MPN11
22nd Aug 2016, 18:57
A certain 4* was reputedly putting his where he shouldn't. ;)

There's a degree of testosterone associated with high rank, in all walks of life. And presumably the female equivalent too. That's human nature. But the Armed Forces expect [indeed demand] high standards, and whether 'Chunky' posted by accident or not is, IMO, irrelevant ... you don't do that sort of thing.

I won't expand on the details of the sqn ldr sh****ng one of his cpls in the Officers Mess, or the flt lt sh****ng his mate's wife after Happy Hour, or the wg cdr sh****ng a plt off in the Mess, or the WRAF fg off sh****ng a cpl in the toilets ... we are supposed to behave properly, and set an example. Sadly, some fail.

PS: Yes, I'm a boring old fart. ;)

57mm
22nd Aug 2016, 19:25
Ah yes, Lady Bienvenida Buck......

Lonewolf_50
22nd Aug 2016, 20:56
we are supposed to behave properly, and set an example. Sadly, some fail. We are in violent agreement. Equal opportunity to fail seems to have been taken advantage of. :cool:

Ken Scott
22nd Aug 2016, 22:41
There's no doubting that behaviour in the past could be as bad or worse than this lady's faux pas but the 'opportunities' provided by social media to drop yourself in it seem to be legion. Perhaps then people need to be even more discreet than before rather than less? There does seem to be an acceptance among the younger generation who have grown up with smartphone technology of this type of behaviour but I find it rather perplexing that an otherwise mature & responsible senior officer would consider that sending this type of picture was a normal thing to do. Your electronic 'footprints' are un-erasable & may well come back to haunt you.

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
22nd Aug 2016, 22:59
Ah yes, Lady Bienvenida Buck...... Hello, you called?

Parson
23rd Aug 2016, 03:17
'RAF high-flier' - yet more journalistic c**p

heights good
23rd Aug 2016, 06:58
I know the Sqn Ldr in question and can honestly say she is a great person, hard working and deserved her promotion to Sqn Ldr. She was caught out by technology when in a relationship with a bloke who she wanted to send private pictures to.

This is her choice and is not something unique to her, many many people have sent pictures in various states of undress. Her abilities as an officer have nothing to do with this. It is no different to a male officer have a technology faff and accidently sending an email complaining about his chain of command to his chain of command rather than his mate. It's embarrassing, but hardly something that should be used to write off a career and assassinate someones character and make knee jerk judgments.

As an aside the dates of the picture and incident were around late 2013, early 2014 so whoever did shop her clearly doesnt know the facts.

langleybaston
23rd Aug 2016, 08:33
Sending a compromising photo to the wrong recipient suggests a mind-set that, taken to extremes, accidently strafes the wrong target and kills civilians.

It has nothing to do with today's values, whatever they are. It has everything to do with competence, diligence, check check and check again.

But then I am another B O F attempting to maintain a little order in a world gone mad.

NutLoose
23rd Aug 2016, 10:49
Chopper2004
Hmm laughingly when saw the photo of her in the tabloids, I thought passing resemblance to Gp Capt Carol http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://i1.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article6095646.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/PAY-Carol-Vorderman.jpg

Carol Voderman deserves to be saluted as she plans to fly solo round the world - Irish Mirror Online (http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/carol-vorderman-deserves-saluted-plans-6095647)

;)

Lonewolf_50
23rd Aug 2016, 11:31
Sending a compromising photo to the wrong recipient suggests a mind-set that, taken to extremes, accidently strafes the wrong target and kills civilians.

It has nothing to do with today's values, whatever they are. It has everything to do with competence, diligence, check check and check again.
LB:
Sir, your logic does not pass muster. The extrapolation into strafing wrong targets and killing civilians has naught to do with an error in judgment in a personal matter, and the larger point about officers and social discretion.

Hempy
23rd Aug 2016, 11:44
I back LW on this one. 'Strafing wrong targets and killing civilians' is either a training issue or lack of professional competence. A 42 year old who doesn't quite grasp the intricacies of social media is another thing altogether.

engineer(retard)
23rd Aug 2016, 12:36
Of course, no one on here has mooned in public, have they?

MPN11
23rd Aug 2016, 12:41
No, I haven't.

Wander00
23rd Aug 2016, 14:07
Well, I am a 72 year old who has not mastered social media, as my offspring often remind me

Basil
23rd Aug 2016, 15:54
I am a 72 year old who has not mastered social media
Yes, on here, you have!
You just don't do it on some vacuous twitface website ;)

Wander00
23rd Aug 2016, 16:11
Basil, thank you, kind sir..............

NutLoose
23rd Aug 2016, 16:27
I concur, I signed up on farcebook simply because the police were posting traffic info on for a show and only use it once a year for that, though I have registered on the Puma site, I must have visited a couple of times only.

As for tw*tter and the rest... Not interested, and the people who post their life on them need to get out more.

MPN11
23rd Aug 2016, 16:32
Twitter ... actually quite good for getting an answer from BA, instead of their Indian call centre. No idea why I get notifications from Steven Fry and other nonenties, though. Perhaps there's a filter?

Facebook ... yes, I'm there as me, so a limited circle of friends and family. No dangly-bits have been posted.

Forums ... PPRuNe and Flyertalk occupy enough of my time. I don't need anything else. ;)

Melchett01
23rd Aug 2016, 18:06
I concur, I signed up on farcebook simply because the police were posting traffic info on for a show and only use it once a year for that, though I have registered on the Puma site, I must have visited a couple of times only.

As for tw*tter and the rest... Not interested, and the people who post their life on them need to get out more.

When you say Puma site, I assume you are referring to the aircraft and not a site full of 30-something Cougars in training ? ;-)

Right or wrong, I think we would all do well to remind ourselves there but for the grace of God. We've all sent emails to people we didn't intend, had a harsh word to say about someone and then realised the individual was in earshot. We will clearly never agree whether she was right or wrong, although times have moved on and even officers have a private life (shock horror!) Is what she did in sending what she intended to be a private message to her partner any worse than some of the shenanigans I suspect happen on remote stations, or in RAFG in the day, or even in WW2 with crews living for the moment? Or is what she did just different to what many on here are used to or did in younger days?

andytug
23rd Aug 2016, 18:17
If you're sending a private message via Facebook, you're doing it wrong. Settings or not, nothing on Facebook is private. Once someone else has seen it, it is no longer private as copies can then be made (screen shot, etc).

NutLoose
23rd Aug 2016, 18:51
Yes the RAF Puma, Melchett, the ones that have outlived their living breathing counterparts.

Onceapilot
23rd Aug 2016, 19:18
But what is the official MOD opinion on this sort of thing? Is it acceptable now? For all sexes? How about vetting? OK if you admit it? :eek:

OAP

Union Jack
23rd Aug 2016, 19:58
Interesting to note that no female officers have offered their view - so far as I am aware. What does Madame MPN11 think of this affair, I wonder?

Jack

hunterboy
23rd Aug 2016, 20:28
Must admit, if semi naked women in uniform were an Olympic sport, Brazil may have picked up a few more medals......
Gang Leaks Nude Pics of Brazilian Cop After She Arrests Their Leader | BSO (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2016/01/gang-leaks-naked-pics-of-brazilian-cop-after-she-arrests-their-leader/comment-page-16/)

Hempy
24th Aug 2016, 01:28
hunterboy, that's not even a real Brazilian!

tartare
24th Aug 2016, 03:09
Hmmm - we like the Group Captain very much.
She can solve my Navier-Stokes equations any time she likes.

MPN11
24th Aug 2016, 07:55
What does Madame MPN11 think of this affair, I wonder?She is not amused. She shares of the view of many here, that it is inappropriate for any 'lady' to be taking and sending semi-naked photos of herself to anyone.

Union Jack
24th Aug 2016, 10:18
My compliments to your discerning bride.:ok:

Jack