PDA

View Full Version : Back to the sand?

rumbpilot
15th Aug 2016, 13:50
Do ME airlines re-hire pilots who have left? I would be interested in knowing reasons why pilots go back to ME after having left to home (if this ever happens).

fatbus
16th Aug 2016, 03:42
Taxes!!! And some do return .

six7driver
16th Aug 2016, 06:32
To answer the first part of your question, yes but I believe its done on a case by case basis.

buggerall
16th Aug 2016, 11:26
leaving on good terms remains solid advice and is always the mark of a true professional.

+1

great advice no matter what we think of EK and always leave ur options open

fatbus
16th Aug 2016, 11:36
Hence no one tells JA the truth when they leave.

ruserious
16th Aug 2016, 14:00
They can't handle the truth

Laker
16th Aug 2016, 14:32
Fatbus,

You must be joking? They got so tired of hearing the truth on a weekly basis they stopped attending wash-ups. What about the already forgotten employee survey? That was quite comprehensive and last I heard a vp from one department or another was promising to send us the results. Maybe the results were not palatable. The attrition rate alone speaks volumes.

I'm sure like 99.9% of the other expat employees here JA is trying to save money and keep his head down until he is ready to leave. His pay package is many times higher here than it would be back home and he probably has a very comfortable lifestyle. He's certainly not flying to India at 0300 4 nights a week. Yet we expect him to risk his job in order to fix our lifestyle? Yeah right.

fatbus
16th Aug 2016, 16:18
Think you misunderstood what I meant. No one is saying squat when they leave.

Laker
16th Aug 2016, 18:52
I wouldn't say anything either. Everybody wants to keep their options open until retirement. But just because people don't say anything upon resigning doesn't mean that management is in the dark. They know exactly why people are leaving in record numbers and they have made a choice not to change the working conditions.

TangoUniform
16th Aug 2016, 19:52
I wouldn't say anything either. Everybody wants to keep their options open until retirement. But just because people don't say anything upon resigning doesn't mean that management is in the dark. They know exactly why people are leaving in record numbers and they have made a choice not to change the working conditions.
They cannot change anything. That would mean that they would have to admit there were problems/issues to begin with. Believe me, the third floor is well aware of the issues, but they are like us, powerless to do anything. Their hands are tied.

The Crew
17th Aug 2016, 00:34
Money , the root of all evils. Even if you own an airline with a less than pristine safety reputation, you get greedy.
Now theres not just smoke ...

fliion
17th Aug 2016, 08:02
When the DEC opened last year, 43 former Captains applied.

Fleet (not HR) approved 12 for interview invites.

Agreed, never burn a bridge.

rumbpilot
22nd Aug 2016, 07:24
Thank you for the interesting info.

Mr Angry from Purley
23rd Aug 2016, 20:30
Did they come back because the grass was green, excuse the pun.....:\