PDA

View Full Version : World Helicopter Day

Mick Cullen
4th Aug 2016, 12:06
For World Helicopter Day 2016 (21 August 2016, third Sunday in August each year) there are currently events planned in:

Cairns, Australia
Leicestershire, UK
Somerset, UK
Texas, USA
Quebec, Canada
Brisbane, Australia
White Waltham, UK
New York, USA
Gold Coast, Australia
Melbourne, Australia

This is the second year of the event. Lets not be shy in promoting what we do in the helicopter industry and the benefits we contribute to society and our communities. And to do it passionately so we ignite that love of helicopters in the next generation of would-be pilots and engineers.

Follow along on social media with the hashtag #worldhelicopterday

Your country not represented?
Want to get involved with an event of your own on the day?
Its not too late.

Send your details through Worldhelicopterday.com (http://worldhelicopterday.com) The site has resources such as a press release template, graphics and children's colouring-in cartoon.

This is an opportunity to open up your business/organisation and invite members of the public in to see and touch a helicopter and to talk to people in the industry.

You could hold a safety day, open day, a BBQ - its completely up to you - but it gives you a story that you can take to the local media to get free PR and exposure.

There is no charge to be involved. It is company agnostic - the day is not tied to any manufacture and has no agenda other than to provide something for the industry to pull around together to celebrate and shout about what we do.

Where will you be on World Helicopter Day 2016?

Sloppy Link
4th Aug 2016, 13:19
Check data, White Waltham is 14 Aug.....or I am going to be extremely embarrassed!

md 600 driver
4th Aug 2016, 20:30
i saw mick cullens post and thought fantastic as i will be in cairns australia on the 21st and i thought great it will be a nice day out but after reading the details regarding cairns its just the local heli company doing joy rides !!! steve

Mick Cullen
5th Aug 2016, 10:33
..White Waltham is 14 Aug..
Sloppy Link you'll be in the right place/time - this one is a week early but included as its close and that event's organisers (Helipaddy) also have a World Helicopter Day special offer on their app for people there.

cairns its just the local heli company doing joy rides !!!
Hey Steve thanks for taking a look. GBR Helicopters is celebrating their 20th birthday on the same day so may still be more details to come. Each event is run by a local operator so they all vary in what they have happening, what machines are avaliable and their budgets etc - what is in common is that they all raise the profile of the industry to people in their community. And its a bit of fun.