PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific now hiring FO's again

The.Humble.Guy
4th Aug 2016, 12:01
Just here to provide a pointing service. I notice that Cathay Pacific just started advertising again for Direct Entry FO's on the A330 and 747 (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/about-us/careers/jobs-in-the-air/pilots.html). They have not hired DEFO's for years. Well worth looking into for someone considering the ME.

I believe the contract will include the very generous housing allowance that CX has been known for.

McNugget
4th Aug 2016, 12:09
I believe the contract will include the very generous housing allowance that CX has been known for.

You believe incorrectly.

AQIS Boigu
4th Aug 2016, 14:42
- no more expat housing allowance since 2009

- 15+ years to command

- no chance for a base

- commuting beyond Asia on the fleets on offer is pretty much impossible whilst commuting to Thailand, Malaysia or the Philippines can be done if you want to spend your HK$ on full fare tickets.

The African Dude
5th Aug 2016, 06:35
Don't they have enough SOs to upgrade?

ACMS
5th Aug 2016, 06:38
Yes but due to industrial problems we have a training ban and contract compliance in force. Meaning that CX have had to come up with plan B to train Pilots to fly their new Jets.

Head over to the fragrant harbour forum and fill your boots with all the details.......

The Crew
5th Aug 2016, 13:08
At least there's a pilots body and laws to allow contract compliance.
Do this in the muslim world and , well we all know the answer ...

Plus if you have a western wife , in hk she wont be visually molested or her modesty outraged. Your kids are safe from attempted abduction by immigrants or modern day pirates.

Mogas
7th Aug 2016, 10:10
Egocentric, money driven, keep up with the joneses, one upmanship, low self esteem, high level of self insecurity,.... Keep an open mind... You all know what I'm talking about. So eff off learn to play the game, or CAPTAIN...your...destiny. Enough said

Mogas
7th Aug 2016, 10:12
U effin yes mans....

Mogas
7th Aug 2016, 10:15
Accept an expatjob, arrive as captain america, self righteous, entitled beliefs, arrive with a "my way or the highway" attitude.... Get over yourselfs you rejects from your "home legacy airline"!

Mogas
7th Aug 2016, 10:18
Eff glorfied bus drivers, or u can keep up the slack and evolve to something greater..... GOYIM, look it up

Mogas
7th Aug 2016, 10:22
I am trying to get to the point, do you knowwho the real enemy is? If you feel to have the need to challenge before looking in the mirror, eff off, eff right the eff off. Big pic, always think of the big pc and the scheme. Hate on me all u want, but its true

Mogas
7th Aug 2016, 10:29
Now eff off, im not here to please or i impress anybody, the ones that understand will know, eff off im out.

McNugget
7th Aug 2016, 11:05
Mogas,

What an enlightened 6 (six) posts.

Thanks for sharing. That's excellent.

nakbin330
7th Aug 2016, 12:01
Yes, outstanding, Mogas. I'll make a note.

Aluminium shuffler
7th Aug 2016, 12:09
Mogas appears to be emotionally compromised. Enough that I'd hate to fly with them. Enough that if they are actually a pilot and not an adolescent with a hormone problem, that their medical ticket be pulled... And I don't think the incoherent rants quite meet ELP level 4, either. :rolleyes:

Rather Be Skiing
7th Aug 2016, 12:37
Wow! Off your meds again Mogas?

Always Moving
8th Aug 2016, 11:07
who are this people eff this eff that eff off! really kids realy? do you want to say ******* and your dady do not let you or you can not talk without saying that word. It is ******* annoying!

foswillruletheworld
8th Aug 2016, 12:11
Back then i have applied for SO position, as a B737 FO with 3,000 hours on the type, 2 additional languages and an engineering diploma. They haven't even considered me as an SO. Now i already have 400 hours on B777, i think i have an answer for them if i get an email for my previous application.

Captain Dart
8th Aug 2016, 23:44
Maybe they've done you a favour. As frying pan and fire come to mind, I have posted this on the Fragrant Harbour forum for your reading pleasure:

When I joined as an A Scaler the company was making record profits, with a pioneering and world-beating product. Perhaps then, our working G Days, helping out during typhoons, looking forward to going into training and going that extra mile had something to do with it. By a strange coincidence, the company's star started to wane after B-scales and then lower were introduced.

Prospective joiners reading this thread, do your due diligence on the cost of living and quality of life in Hong Kong. Also, you need to be aware that the airline is a one-trick pony due to the limitations of its crowded hub airport. You may never see a command due to this, the numbers ahead of you and its relatively young captains.

Don't be sucked in by the prospect of a base in your home country. There hasn't been a new base slot in mine for nearly a decade, and there will be 3,000 pilots senior to you. The company will never deny that bases are finished, which is a carrot dangling on the stick to get you to join.

And above all, if you accept a position with this lot, survive the 'training' system and end up sharing a cockpit with me, don't complain about your conditions, your tiredness, unhappy wife, living in Hong Kong or the 15-20 years to command (maybe). You have been warned.

Nicolaas900816
9th Aug 2016, 11:17

donpizmeov
9th Aug 2016, 11:29
The cadet has spoken. What would you real pilots know anyway?

motley flight crue
9th Aug 2016, 11:47
Nic is grateful because CX have lowered the standard so much that losers like him actually get a go.

777boyindubai
9th Aug 2016, 11:53
Nic, rather than sling some mud around, why don't you invite Don for a beer next time you are in DXB? There are a few sensible and wise posters in this forum and he certainly is one of those. Perhaps you can help him to see the light? Or perhaps he could give you the benefit of a few years in the business? I hope you enjoy your flying career and that your contributions to the forum are a little more measured in future. All the best, mate.

safelife
9th Aug 2016, 11:57
What's the point in joining Cathay if you can join Dragonair and have your command a year later?

montencee
9th Aug 2016, 12:57
@nic

Get back to us in say 10 years from now.

SOPS
9th Aug 2016, 13:00
Nic...I wish you well. Come back to us in a few years when you want to get a house and have a family. Don knows what he knows, a wise man...me I'm just glad I am out of the whole mess.im glad I have seen the great times in aviation, it saddens me what it has become today. I wish you all the best Nic for the next 30 years... If it goes down hill as quick as it has in the last 30 years, you will be paying Cathay to fly.