PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a reply from Agusta ?....

nigelh
3rd Aug 2016, 15:46
My 109 has been AOG now since May .....finding parts at sensible prices is a challenge but Nothing compared to trying to buy a simple piece of fabricated metal from Agusta !!!!!! I have a crack in the vertical stab ( nothing new there ...) ... It would be quite easy to repair EXCEPT for the fact that Agusta say you must buy their repair . Well it seems they don't want to sell the one they are forcing me to buy ... So the aircraft stays on the ground ☹️
My love affair with the 109 is now over and I would not want to ever have to deal with them again !!!
Turbomeca and Agusta are both a nightmare ..... Stay well away I would advise !!! ( yes , I know . Well I've changed my mind !!)
Anyone have any idea how I can buy the part or know anyone who can help ? Heliworks at Thruxton have now had it in their hangar for nearly 4 months ........

FSXPilot
3rd Aug 2016, 16:08
Now it's August don't expect a reply until September. We had something similar on a 109C that required specially made parts for a door frame repair. It took them 7 months to make the parts.

md 600 driver
3rd Aug 2016, 16:32
Sent you a pm

Hughes500
3rd Aug 2016, 16:55
Try Castle Air in Cornwall the have a shed load of parts

nigelh
3rd Aug 2016, 21:38
Trouble with CastleAir is they are so expensive ! You would have thought that they would be sensible on spares in order to encourage people to buy and fly all their MK11,s they have for sale ....... At this rate they will all be broken up for spares ...only to find there are none still flying .

EESDL
4th Aug 2016, 08:52
have you tried asking for Mr Leonardo? - or whatever/whomever they are called this month?
:oh::oh:

vfr440
4th Aug 2016, 09:31
Trouble with CastleAir is they are so expensive ! You would have thought that they would be sensible on spares in order to encourage people to buy and fly all their MK11,s they have for sale ....... At this rate they will all be broken up for spares ...only to find there are none still flying .

Alternative of course, is that local fabrication of reinforcement doubler/splice could be underwritten by Part 21 design Company. Try Sloane with fast-track to Agusta Design engineering or independents like Aerodac? FSX is correct, things slow down (halt?) in Italy at this time of year. I await a new expensive office chair from Italy. Think I shall be awaiting until September sadly -VFR

nigelh
4th Aug 2016, 11:26
Many thanks for your suggestions and I will follow them up . Luckily I have been lent a Bo105 to use ....and actually I am quite enjoying it !!! Bit slow and poor range compared to the 109 , but a bit like an overgrown 500 to fly and looks cheap to buy .......

500e
4th Aug 2016, 14:36
nigelh
I find it strange you are surprised buy
1 Manufacturers Cost
2 Service Co cost, their lack of understanding as to customer perception & willingness to be shafted again & again.
3 Poor response to your request for service from /Augusta (any manufacturer) I thought this was the norm in this industry :ugh:

Hughes500
4th Aug 2016, 19:51
Nigel

Well even you won't be able to break a 105 ! I asked castle air for a service exchange starter gen they were twice as expensive as anyone else so sorry about the recommendation but thought that someone there would have a sensible head on, but suppose they are owned by a second hand car salesman !

noooby
4th Aug 2016, 20:07
What model 109 are you operating? There are soooo few of the AII and C models out there that they aren't really supported anymore.

What does your Tech Rep say?