PDA

View Full Version : The Latest from EK Recruitment........

777boyindubai
24th Jul 2016, 13:21
Video: Captain Ashley Klinger on pilot life at Emirates (http://7days.ae/video-captain-ashley-klinger-pilot-life-emirates/89699)

my salami
24th Jul 2016, 13:35
Video: Captain Ashley Klinger on pilot life at Emirates (http://7days.ae/video-captain-ashley-klinger-pilot-life-emirates/89699)

Mhhhhh.... Doing the walk around with no yellow vest??👏👏😱😱

MS

Muttley Crew
24th Jul 2016, 13:39
Captain?? That's a big step up from corporal...

bogeydope
24th Jul 2016, 14:43
Captain?? That's a big step up from corporal...
Sadly 75% of our fellow pilots won't get that joke!! ;)

Wizofoz
24th Jul 2016, 14:44
Well, the relevant section of the OM A IS section 8.....

glofish
24th Jul 2016, 15:18
To be honest, it's not all bs she's telling us:

"Airports almost feel like a second home. I get to see a new one almost every day."

Yes Ashley, very true ...... and very, very fatiguing. :ugh:

Wannabees, be careful what you're aspiring for!

alwayzinit
24th Jul 2016, 15:23
Ah Cpl Klinger, those were the days! When men were women and sheep were nervous!! Eh Radar?

Saw this lady breezing around EGHQ, she appeared to feel that there was a bad smell! Maybe it was just my fatigued self :ouch:

BigGeordie
24th Jul 2016, 15:43
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new Captain America! (Remember him?):ugh:

MosEisley
24th Jul 2016, 17:01
Alwayzinit, it was you. If you have ever actually met or spent time with her you would know she is a very kind and genuine person and really doesn't deserve your anonymous judgement. Why do pilots here insist on tearing each other down? Are you that insecure? Honestly, that's the 2nd most disappointing aspect of work here. This place is littered with fragile, over compensating egos. I can guarantee that if you ever flew with her you wouldn't have the balls to say anything to her face. Rant over....

BigGeordie
24th Jul 2016, 17:31
I've never met her but unfortunately in the video she comes across as a slightly vacuous apologist for the company who just lurves her job because it gives her the chance to go clothes shopping and appear on chat shows.

I'm sure she isn't really like that and it wasn't her intention to appear that way when she agreed to do the video. I'm absolutely certain that it isn't the impression Emirates are trying to give but as a recruitment/PR tool- epic fail.

victorpapa
24th Jul 2016, 21:08
Attention Attention ....Tonights movie will be Gone With The Wind Staring .... Dont be so sure 😊
Sadly 75% of our fellow pilots won't get that joke!! ;)

Panther 88
24th Jul 2016, 21:18
Could this be the new "Captain America"?

kcar
24th Jul 2016, 22:00
I've flown with her and I can say she's a great aviator and equally nice person!

nolimitholdem
25th Jul 2016, 05:50
Ugh. So EK tries to look hip and progressive because they have female pilots, but then choose to portray her as Pilot Barbie? Make up your minds.

If anyone thinks this is an unkind reference, just imagine if the same spot had been filmed with say, Wizofoz waxing effusive about being a "manly man", and you get the idea of how ridiculous the ad appears.

Is this really what prospective pilot joiners wonder about - how many shoes they can acquire? Hope she can pick up a few fashion tips on those night turnarounds to those stylish destinations like Islamabad and Kolkata.

Sad really. All of the female pilots I flew with at EK were a pleasure to work with (*) and consummate professionals, this cringe-inducing, vapid nonsense does them no favours.

(* The Teutonic Psycho aside.)

MosEisley
25th Jul 2016, 05:52
Seaman, news flash, it wasn't meant for you or your less than impressed wife. For f*cks sake she's just a person trying to make the most of her time here. Do you have a problem with her or all female pilots because your comments sound down the middle sexist. Are you and the wife, since you brought her into this, maybe a little jealous that she gets to do all the fancy extra stuff? And good for you that you would man up to fellow captain and insult them for nothing they ever did to you. Seriously, the a$$hole ratio at this airline is way too high.

Nolimit, how does this video impact your life in any way? I'll tell you, it doesn't. But you still feel it necessary to tear her down for getting to do things she enjoys. It doesn't change the job she does, which is the same as you, or who she is as a person, which is someone you'd be lucky to know. Think of one of your pastimes or interests and if you'd turn down the offer to get paid to do that all over the world.

For all the macho going on here you fellas sure are catty b*tches.

nakbin330
25th Jul 2016, 06:10
You're quite right Mo, the a$$hole ratio here is very high indeed.

Rosso Noche
25th Jul 2016, 06:24
I've flown with her and I can say she's a great aviator and equally nice person!

I can second this. One of the nicest Captains I have flown with and an excellent operator.

From trainers to auditors to safety to recruiters there are plenty of us who do extra work for this mob for minimal extra benefit, why are we calling Ashley out? She was presented with an opportunity that has worked for her and has taken it. Isn't that what all of us are doing to one degree or another in the sandpit?

glofish
25th Jul 2016, 06:50

might be. But i'm about as impressed by her than i was when Beckham made adds for Burger King or Costner for canned Rio Mare food.

Ketek400
25th Jul 2016, 06:50
If you don't have anything good to say about someone....its always better to say nothing.

keepitrealok
25th Jul 2016, 07:01
why are we calling Ashley out?

Simple: Pilot ego, jealousy and misogyny. There's plenty of it hereabouts.

Well done to her.

Get over yourselves those who have a problem with it. Its pathetic.

MosEisley
25th Jul 2016, 07:57
Glofish, I'm sure Beckham is losing a lot of sleep in his diamond bed without your endorsement. I just realized what this is other than the obvious misogyny. This is that thing Brits do to their celebrities on the Telly. Take em down a notch so that you don't feel so small. The difference here, whiny b*tches, is that she isn't a celebrity. She's a pilot and a coworker. She's a normal person who was offered a cool opportunity. The video wasn't broadcast on bbc and she isn't on Britains Got Talent, although she could be. This was a company production so, to echo the previous poster, get over yourselves, you aren't Simon Cowell.

nolimitholdem
25th Jul 2016, 08:04
Hmmm if one doesn't want to be critiqued, perhaps making oneself the face of an ad campaign isn't the best strategy? Some awfully thin skins out today, speaking of whiny b$tches.

I don't get the sense that anyone takes issue with the individual per se. Simply the editorial choice to link a flight deck position with something vacuous like fashion and The Ellen Show is a bit of an odd direction to go. It does do a disservice to the other female pilots who I found to have a great deal more substance than that portrayed. Misogyny? That's hilarious. The ad itself is sexist, not the criticism of it.

Still, it's not like they can honestly sell an EK job on it's great roster or loads of time off so I guess they had to find some angle.

Monarch Man
25th Jul 2016, 08:16
Still, it's not like they can honestly sell an EK job on it's great roster or loads of time off so I guess they had to find some angle.

Post of this thread and IS the actual guts of it, I've flown with the person mentioned when she was an FO, I've got nothing other than respect for her.

MosEisley
25th Jul 2016, 08:21
That's my point, how does agreeing to be in a company video invite criticism from coworkers? What entitles you to publicly criticize her? Who the f*ck are you? It is most definitely misogynistic. You belittle her for liking "girly" things that you find unimportant and "vacuous." The fact you find the video sexist only serves to expose your ignorance. Not everyone defines themselves by the job they do, they have interests and passions outside aviation, that's the point you obtuse ninny. Please refer to the previously mention a$$hole ratio.

alwayzinit
25th Jul 2016, 08:26
MosE, sorry have been away "seeing an airport EVERYDAY" !

My observation about said pilot was just that MY observation of her. Her attitude and manner, body language whatever.

I do have an issue with anyone who tries to shine the T**d regarding our wonderful lack of anything approaching a lifestyle, disrupted sleep patterns, ever deteriorating T+Cs through such rose tinted specs.
I made NO comment about her Professional skills. I wouldn't as I have NEVER flown with her and therefore cannot make an objective statement.
I can, however, make a comment or express my opinion/impression from what I saw.
Or are opinions contrary to yours banned?
Now if she had made a video, a week in the ACTUAL life of an EK Captain that would be another matter.

BLOGGSON
25th Jul 2016, 09:32
MosE, sorry have been away "seeing an airport EVERYDAY" !

My observation about said pilot was just that MY observation of her. Her attitude and manner, body language whatever.

I do have an issue with anyone who tries to shine the T**d regarding our wonderful lack of anything approaching a lifestyle, disrupted sleep patterns, ever deteriorating T+Cs through such rose tinted specs.
I made NO comment about her Professional skills. I wouldn't as I have NEVER flown with her and therefore cannot make an objective statement.
I can, however, make a comment or express my opinion/impression from what I saw.
Or are opinions contrary to yours banned?
Now if she had made a video, a week in the ACTUAL life of an EK Captain that would be another matter.
Nailed it.

MosEisley
25th Jul 2016, 10:58
I get it, you guys are unhappy here at the moment, who isn't? Most of you are just now getting a taste of what many of us have been dealing with for years. Suck it up buttercup, it isn't going to get any better. However, that's no reason to pass summary judgement on a colleague who is doing their best to make the most of life here. She doesn't deserve your ire or judgement. Take out your frustration where it belongs.

alwayzinit
25th Jul 2016, 11:30
MosE

Suck it up Buttercup? We have been and we are now heartily sick of the double standards trotted out about "Life in EK" by the likes of this production.
The person concerned has willingly assisted portraying a totally false picture of our "lives", as all shiny and exciting.
It is simply dishonest, not just those who produced the video but also those who have put themselves in front of the camera.
It is also wrong, imho, to try and get people to upsticks and move everything to the Pit without giving them an OBJECTIVE and truthful picture. Hence my suggestion to make another video about the real life of an EK pilot.
Objectivity is an absolute in aviation, too much rides on making decisions without proper information.
It is unethical, imho, to ask future colleagues to make life changing choices for them and their families without showing the actual life. The one without the sparkles.

When we joined the situation couldn't have been more different. EK had literally 1000s of applications from guys and girls with buckets of experience. EK could, in short, cherry pick. Hence the openness of what we were shown was total. Actual named rosters, the building site where we would live, the interesting road safety culture, in fact all the information required to make a considered and measured choice.
It would now appear that we(EK) are trying to lure the unwary, if this is the fare being presented to them.

So if things are all great why not show the warts, like before? After all, as a new joiner, honesty from one's new prospective employer is a feature to be admired.

CaptainChipotle
25th Jul 2016, 12:15
Glo/no limit *sshole/always

I agree with Mos...

I just watched the video again. If it were a man, talking about drinking beer(instead of fashion and shopping) and going to whorehouses on layovers you'd be praising him.

It's clear that most of the old crusty f*cks on here are the captains that the crew complain about. They need the red carpet and without a doubt, GET THAT CAPPUCHINO THE RIGHT COLOUR!!

It's called a promotional video for a reason. Let's say it together: PRO-MOTION-AL.

PROMOTIONAL: the publicizing of a product, organization, or venture so as to increase sales or public awareness.
"a sales promotion company"
synonyms: advertising, publicity, marketing, selling, advertising/publicity campaign, propaganda

I've flown with Ashley, and I've know her for over a decade. She's a top notch individual and aviator. And she IS a girly girl. And she IS pulling her equal weight on the T7 at EK.

You're so quick to judge her based on this innocent video, in which she got paid to travel all over the world INSTEAD of fly our horrendous rosters for a few weeks. Sign me up! You know you would do the same.

Why not direct your anger and frustrations towards our colleagues that fill out useless ASR's, call in fatigued during a layover after having 8 straight days off... ...hence the end of strings of off days.

This is a clear example of why this pilot group will never be anywhere unified and the company will continue erode our T and C. You only have yourselves to blame, you poor, old crusty b*stards.

ClassCbird
25th Jul 2016, 12:41
IMHO this ad comes across as quite cheap actually, just like the Jennifer Aniston one. I like Jennifer Anniston, so my viewpoint has nothing to do with individuals involved in EK ads. Plain and simple, this advert does nothing to promote the profession for aspiring applicants. All it does is glamourise a particular lifestyle as opposed to a profession, which i don't think most future applicants can relate to. I'm a woman and i cannot relate to this ad!
I'm sure that Ashley is a good person. Clearly she has the aptitude, attitude and personality to possess four bars! However,this advert does her and her position no favours whatsoever. Shame on EK Advertising and PR! It, like the quality of life here, is going down the drain.

donpizmeov
25th Jul 2016, 12:56
Any mention of staying on concierge floors? It's a step up if there isn't.

notapilot15
25th Jul 2016, 13:27
Guys get real, once lords choose her, she has no option other than to go along with the script. Only other option is to quit job.

BTW, there is a video by a former EK FA from Greece. She dishes out about the EK life style story in style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhl-HMgXnU

notapilot15
25th Jul 2016, 19:11
IMHO PR and HR came up with this plan to attract women pilots.

PR doesn't like the fact while world average percentage of women pilots in commercial aviation is around 5%-6%, EK is slightly above 1%. 58 of 4000.

Also Indian carriers hiring women pilots more to avoid poaching by gulf carriers. EK HR is not happy about it.

What I understood India's eastern style(combined/extended) family structure and roaster accommodations specific for women pilots are the reasons they are able to attract women pilots. Both are absent with UAE and EK.

Makes it just another wasted multi million dollar stunt like Jetman, Aniston, Ellen Show ...

glofish
26th Jul 2016, 05:38
I do consent that dishing out on her might be a tad harsh. However ......

We all know our dear clebrities who were very happy to rise and make the doe, but then suddenly cry for more privacy and not to meddle their private opinions with whatever poor role they could cling on, the doe however should still stay stratospheric.
But then you can't have it both ways. Once you put your face up as a public figure, you have to deal with advantage and disadvantage, meaning criticism.
You have a known face, so deal with being recognised.
You assumed a role, the public will tie it to yourself because you chose to personify it, so assume criticism.

This add is pathetic in many ways. If as a fellow pilot you think it's great, well, you have my condolences, but you're as free to your opinion as i am.

She has to live with having put her face and opinion on line with the poor EK add. Jennifer will never be more than the friends chick and Ashley will have a hard time getting rid of the rather hollow shopping EK beauty.

alwayzinit
26th Jul 2016, 08:51
Capt Chipolata wrote:
"Glo/no limit *sshole/always

I agree with Mos...

I just watched the video again. If it were a man, talking about drinking beer(instead of fashion and shopping) and going to whorehouses on layovers you'd be praising him.

It's clear that most of the old crusty f*cks on here are the captains that the crew complain about. They need the red carpet and without a doubt, GET THAT CAPPUCHINO THE RIGHT COLOUR!!

It's called a promotional video for a reason. Let's say it together: PRO-MOTION-AL.

PROMOTIONAL: the publicizing of a product, organization, or venture so as to increase sales or public awareness.
"a sales promotion company"
synonyms: advertising, publicity, marketing, selling, advertising/publicity campaign, propaganda

I've flown with Ashley, and I've know her for over a decade. She's a top notch individual and aviator. And she IS a girly girl. And she IS pulling her equal weight on the T7 at EK.

You're so quick to judge her based on this innocent video, in which she got paid to travel all over the world INSTEAD of fly our horrendous rosters for a few weeks. Sign me up! You know you would do the same.

Why not direct your anger and frustrations towards our colleagues that fill out useless ASR's, call in fatigued during a layover after having 8 straight days off... ...hence the end of strings of off days.

This is a clear example of why this pilot group will never be anywhere unified and the company will continue erode our T and C. You only have yourselves to blame, you poor, old crusty b*stards."

Chip me old fella you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am, however, in the past we have had another from the States who have signed up for this type of publicity, "Capt America".
Now maybe it is a cultural thing to try and shin up the greasy pole, by association peddle horse feathers and warp the truth, just so long as "I am alright and having a great time!".
Why would anyone sign up to peddle this tosh, knowing full well its baloney? As for the "Had to do it" argument, tosh!
In the words of Nancy Reagan, "Just say No!"

With regards to your last paragraph, me and the other Old B'stards are not the ones who have stepped away from our colleagues but the lady herself.

peffi
26th Jul 2016, 08:56
Just because one finds the video ridiculous doesen't mean that one dislike the pilot.

notapilot15
26th Jul 2016, 11:04
alwayzinit

Nice try. It is neither Ashley's not commenting professionals fault. It is clearly company's fault to put her in this situation.

Producers could have used a professional theme rather than a Barbie story line. But history suggests they are not capable to doing that. Previous examples.

1) Using showers (and Jennifer Aniston) to rip US3, while showers are available only to handful of US passengers.
2) Using Ellen while alternate lifestyles are not supported.
3) Painting save wildlife livery while history suggests otherwise

hunterboy
26th Jul 2016, 11:39
I guess it depends who the audience really is. If it is the general public, I should imagine it goes down pretty well.
If it is a pilot recruitment video, I could only imagine dozens of rolled eyes as the video plays in the training room.

Rosso Noche
26th Jul 2016, 13:31
I love how some of you are crying "false advertising". It's called marketing!

When I applied there were videos showing a family playing cricket in the backyard yet the reality for a lot of us is that there is barely enough room to open the door into the yard. Dubai and EK have always been famous for making the reality look better than... Reality!

Anyone who believes the hype and joins based on a marketing video whether it's about a woman who likes shopping, shiny jets or flash accomodation without doing diligent research (come have a look, talk to friends already here and yes, reading PPRuNe) deserves everything that's coming to them!

Twiglet1
26th Jul 2016, 18:48
Some one close this thread. Pilots bitching about - pilots....

Praise Jebus
27th Jul 2016, 03:38
When I applied there were videos showing a family playing cricket in the backyard

When I applied there was only adds in Flight International, youtube was years away and we actually respected each other. Oh the simple days....

JAARule
27th Jul 2016, 12:28
If that's how she gets off then good luck to her.

Maybe what bothers some people here is the complete lack of grounding in reality the video portrays this captain as having. Is that it? That she might be that far off in cloud-cuckoo land and still command a wide body jet? Maybe it makes some guys feel that any airhead can hold a command in this airline. Does it de-value the role of the captain or something? Who knows? And who really cares...

From preflighting in hat and coat instead of high-vis vest and earmuffs the entire video is deliberately rooted in fantasyland. This production is a slap in the face by the company, not by this pilot, to the other 4000 or so pilots. Maybe mostly to other women pilots. It also presumes the intended audience is comprised of morons. The sad thing is they found someone to go along with it.

She agreed to do this bizarre video for reasons no one else seems to be able to fathom. Good for her but now she can take the hits as they come.

glofish
27th Jul 2016, 12:56
JAARule

You put it down very eloquently, i seem to have failed at it.
Exactly how i feel about it.

:ok:

CaptainChipotle
27th Jul 2016, 13:09
Always Always Always...

Dear old chap,

So another individual from the states did a promotional video and you think all americans are eager to give up their soul for a little stardom? Yikes, Im sure you're an expert on all the expats here. Not.

Why would anyone sign up to peddle this tosh? Well, based on your comments, one can only surmise that you haven't been given these type of opportunities... and its hurt your poor ego. I'm sorry I can't hug you over the internet.:{

With regards to your last sentence, thats the best laugh i've had in a while.

You think Ashley has "stepped away from our colleagues", but look at the statement your making... ...with the decline in our T and C's in the last decade, you think SHES the problem!!!

I've got news for you. Its you, and the rest of the "Old crusty B'stards" that have ALLOWED our quality of life to be gradually taken apart and have stood idly by while we have been pushed to unsafe limits. Have you called fatigued? Do you show up to work sick and make your colleagues sick because you're waiting to press 2 when it suits you? Have you written your managers, or gone into their office to respectfully sit down and voice your opinion? Its easy to say "what would it do" or "Im not wasting my time", but have you done it?

No. Im willing to bet you haven't. But go feel better about yourself because you can sit anonymously behind your computer and blast a colleague because you're not happy here.

Ashley got these opportunities because she is a qualified aviator, and is a likable person in real life. You, on the other hand, or probably not likable in either realm. :D

notapilot15
27th Jul 2016, 13:34
Here is how Columbia's Avianca trying to encourage girls to become pilots. Looks to me they achieved good balance between professionalism and good looks. EK went overboard with fashionista theme.

Female pilot becomes youngest captain of Colombian Airline | CCTV America (http://www.cctv-america.com/2016/06/20/female-pilot-becomes-youngest-captain-of-colombian-airline)

donpizmeov
27th Jul 2016, 14:02
Step away from the beer Chip.

CaptainChipotle
27th Jul 2016, 14:07
Thanks for the life lesson and lack of adding anything of value, Don.

nolimitholdem
28th Jul 2016, 10:11
I just wanted to say thanks for the entertainment value this topic has provided. Like most EK threads! :ok:

I'm guessing moseisley is the b/f and chipotle is the dad?

Roll on, EK spin machine!

Talparc
28th Jul 2016, 10:54
More recruiting required in Japan I guess

ITF aviation blog » Emirates dismisses 3 workers due to closure of branch offices (a news story from Kohkuren, Japan) (http://www.itfaviation.org/emirates-dismisses-3-workers-due-to-closure-of-branch-offices-a-news-story-from-kohkuren-japan/)

RoyalEnfield
29th Jul 2016, 06:37
Ashley got these opportunities because she is a qualified aviator, and is a likable person in real life. :D

And she's blonde.

Keith Discovering
29th Jul 2016, 07:30
"Ashley got these opportunities because she is a qualified aviator, and is a likable person in real life. "

I think I'm going to cry.. where can I meet Ashley and give her a hug for all this abuse. You naughty Pilots

The Turtle
29th Jul 2016, 14:46
whether you're for or against her video is irrelevant to me

it buys her at least one "get out of jail free" F@#K Up with corporate due to her obvious high profile position

and for that I applaud her......well done

bafanguy
29th Jul 2016, 15:28
Without a direct interest in this particular issue (and not being some whacko social justice warrior), I might be poking the hornets' nest to comment but what the heck.

It appears the lady in question has contributed some more direct efforts to influence women in aviation at a professional level. Women in aviation Int'l is kind of a big deal here. Just sayin':

https://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/2016/03/10/emirates-seeks-women-pilots-at-women-in-aviation-conference/

https://www.wai.org/16conference/index.cfm

The fact she's not a sturdy woman in sensible shoes isn't exactly a negative.

Reverserbucket
29th Jul 2016, 16:02
I see one of the speakers at the WAI event is the esteemed Tracey Curtis-Taylor - a renowned self-promoter and accomplished exploiter of women's interests in aviation. A poor role model for young women seeking a career in aviation in my opinion.

I don't know Captain Klinger but congratulate her on her achievement - a T7 command at a relatively young age would be unlikely in her native land, however having now watched the video, it just sounds dumb and I wonder, are we missing the point? Are EK targeting 14 year old girls?

notapilot15
29th Jul 2016, 16:28
It appears the lady in question has contributed some more direct efforts to influence women in aviation at a professional level. Women in aviation Int'l is kind of a big deal here. Just sayin':

EK was at WIAI not to promote but to poach. And WIA showed this animation which hurt their feelings.

https://vimeo.com/166535642

Are EK targeting 14 year old girls?
If I have to guess they are targeting women pilots from Indian carriers like SpiceJet and others. Based on numbers I have seen SpiceJet has close to 15% women pilots. Most carriers have close to 10%, which is way above world average of 6%. Ballpark numbers.

bafanguy
29th Jul 2016, 18:52
notapilot15,

"...poach" and "hurt their feelings..." are over my head. What am I missing ?

Reverserbucket,

The mission statement of WAI:

"Women in Aviation International (WAI) is a nonprofit organization that encourages the advancement of women in all aviation career fields and interests."

I'd guess that trying to educate and motivate people in worthwhile pursuits at an early age might be a great time to do it. I'm not familiar with Tracey Curtis-Taylor but would hesitate to characterize an organization by the presence of one person. I thought since Klinger's inventory was being taken I'd add a positive example of her efforts...outside fashion. :-)

WAI holds some popular career fairs here (as do OBAP and some commercial job-prep organizations) where many highly experienced job seekers can get face to face with several airline recruiters, even if briefly; attendance is considered de rigueur by some and can lead to interviews. Hell, they allow men to attend !

skidbuggy
29th Jul 2016, 21:28
It might be me, but there's something creepy about her eyes.

notapilot15
29th Jul 2016, 22:22
What am I missing ?

"...poach"
They were not there to promote women in aviation, they were there to steal women pilots from others, showcasing Ashley's Dubai lifestyle.

Unfortunately most women pilots are not looking for Dubai lifestyle and wear hi-vis during walk arounds or photo-ops.

"hurt their feelings..."
There is an aviation statistic(% women pilots) in the world and EK is not the leader. How is it possible?

fly4more
30th Jul 2016, 02:17
I'm surprised Emirates are insisting on a US$46000 5 year training bond for all joiners. The details are scant, is it a bank guarentee or a cash deposit?

Only helps to scare off the undecided candidate.

cucuotto
30th Jul 2016, 04:41
She is a cute slave...cuter than most of you face it.

MosEisley
30th Jul 2016, 11:08
Do women in other professions get $#it for being feminine or is it only in this profession? Probably just this one because it's filled with dorky a$$holes that probably never had a date in high school. It's a job, you aren't special. Your extensive training and rank don't entitle you to belittle someone who does the exact same job as you just because she's an attractive and "girly" female. The fact that a lot of you probably never had a shot with a woman like her (intelligent, talented, and attractive) explains a lot of the resentment

And don't give me the "she makes pilots look bad" bs because she's only challenging your personal and outdated interpretation of pilot image. Are your egos that fragile? Is your manhood so tied to your job that anything that makes it seem less macho needs to be ridiculed as girly and/or unprofessional.

And please, let's not ignore the fact that most pilots could use her fashion advice. Most are happy with the layover standard outfit of a members only jacket over a golf shirt tucked into mom jeans topped off with white trainers or work shoes. Have you heard the joke "what's a pilot's best form of birth control?" It has two punchlines, one is "their personality" and the other is "their layover clothes." I'm guessing both apply to this lot.

For the record, I am neither her Dad nor boyfriend, just a friend who knows better and is tired of you catty b!tches picking on someone who isn't here and doesn't deserve it. Your egos may lead you to think you are justified in criticizing her or "expressing your opinion" about her, but it really doesn't. Direct your man rage where it belongs, your crappy rosters and declining quality of life, neither of which are her fault.

nolimitholdem
30th Jul 2016, 12:07
Uhhh...seems you're the angriest person on the thread. Perhaps you are projecting your own experiences with women? Never known many pilots to have trouble meeting women, ifyuhknowwhatImean. Something about the uniform, I think. As well as the chiselled pecs.

Pretty hilarious, you calling people out for being "catty b!tches" while offering fashion tips to pilots lol. The b/f guess was obviously wrong, more likely the g/f.

Relax. If she's such an accomplished person, she's hardly gonna break down and cry because some anonymous Interneter's think her ad is stupid.

Talparc
30th Jul 2016, 13:41
Sorry guys if it sounds macho but I still believe if god made women to fly, the skies would have been pink. halas

a flight deck has never been a good place for bitching

Huda, you are the only exception from this.

glofish
30th Jul 2016, 13:59
Shrek has spoken!

harry the cod
30th Jul 2016, 14:16
I'm fully with MosEisley on this.

I flew with this lady a few years back when she was an F/O. She was competent, courteous and good company on the flight deck, with nothing to prove other than doing her job in a professional manner. Compared to some I've recently flown with, she was head and shoulders above.

What I actually find disappointing is the attitude of so many of her fellow 'colleagues'. Not only do your disparaging comments reflect poorly on us as a professional group, but come across as bitter and jealous. Get a reality check and move onto commenting about something more worthwhile. Using these anonymous forums to discreetly bully someone is pitiful, especially when absolutely non of you would have the balls to spout the same vitriolic crap to her face.

Grow up and move on. It's all rather pathetic.

Harry

clear to land
30th Jul 2016, 14:28
Well said Harry. :D I don't have a dog in this fight-but work on a simple principle-treat others as you wish to be treated-that includes being judgemental. Also, for some of the commenters here-some of what is written could easily (judge/court easily) be interpreted as bullying.

alwayzinit
30th Jul 2016, 16:15
Harry, I have been through the whole thread again and cannot find ANY negative comments about this persons ability to operate a 777.
My comments were about what I saw and its impression it made on me. The comments about the wisdom or otherwise of becoming a "Poster Girlie Girl" for EK are IMHO fair game towards ANYONE who decides to make such a "product".
I do not recall anyone rushing to the defense of Captain America for his offerings in the US press.
Equality cuts both ways. I say again, I commented purely on what I observed in EGHQ absolutely zip about anything regarding anything else.
The rush of "Knights Errant" various to defend this pilot is all very sweet but again has absolutely nothing to do with what I see as a lack of judgement, but that is just my opinion.
And Yes I would be more than happy to say that in person. Being prepared to do just that has been a mantra of my entire professional life, both Military and Civil.
It's called honesty.

Avid Aviator
30th Jul 2016, 16:18
Capt AK is a very nice person and a good pilot.
I cringe at the video, but that's not her fault.
I just hope she got paid as much as Jennifer Anniston for her work! :)
(unfortunately I know first-hand the answer to that....)

glofish
30th Jul 2016, 17:14
I cringe at the video, but that's not her fault

We all agree on the first part and some disagree on the second.
That's about it, isn't it?

HELLBOUND
30th Jul 2016, 18:52
Talparc

You are a hypocrite.

gatbusdriver
30th Jul 2016, 22:39
http://youtu.be/8hL6nXfBhj0

2:10 (although the rest is pretty funny)

Regards,

GBD

fatbus
31st Jul 2016, 00:42
Some EK pilots need to grow up and get over themselves.

nolimitholdem
31st Jul 2016, 08:37
Yes, I agree she should.

Rotating Bacon
31st Jul 2016, 19:14
EK asked me several times to give interviews to TV stations, I always turned them down because whatever you say you will loose, you say the company is great your colleagues will be pissed off and its a lie, if you say the company is **** you get fired, why do it? just for my ego? no way.

I think Ash is a great woman and pilot, she just likes to be in the media, if it makes her happy, why not, I wouldn't do it, not for EK

CaptainChipotle
1st Aug 2016, 01:38
Yes, I agree she should.

You're such an a**hole

Get over yourself

nolimitholdem
1st Aug 2016, 02:35
lol Nothing to get over, I'm not the one putting myself on display. You truly have some anger issues. I can assure you I do not take you, myself, or this vacuous ad, seriously whatsoever. Which is probably why I find a woman (or man) in their 4th or 5th decade prattling on about clothing a bit silly.

You keep fighting the good fight, even the amusement value has waned for me when the responses are so predictable. :)

White Knight
1st Aug 2016, 03:22
Seems to me nlh that you're the one wanting to keep 'fighting the good fight'.

I too think you're an a**hole. Blue side up BigBoy!

Donovan
1st Aug 2016, 04:50
is it true that EK doesn't take arab pilots? :ouch:

Wizofoz
1st Aug 2016, 08:43
is it true that EK doesn't take arab pilots?

That is about the funniest thing I've ever seen on PPRUNE-

Er, no, it isn't true- the airline named after the United ARAB Emirates has just a few ARAB pilots....

nolimitholdem
1st Aug 2016, 09:58
when the responses are so predictable.

*sigh*

And then WK sees fit to prove my point. This stuff writes itself. Whitey, from all your years on PPRune I must say that your calling someone an a$$hole has to be the most powerful argument ever made in support of the saying "it takes one to know one". :ok:

I guess it's too hot this time of year in the Pit for anything more clever. Such silly little name-calling certainly does match the depth of the EK video on discussion, but, in an attempt to steer it back towards something recruitment-related: was Donovan's question serious?! :rolleyes:

Talparc
1st Aug 2016, 10:27
Donovan you are a freak, you should come here quickly as we need staff like you

littlejet
1st Aug 2016, 11:49
Well he asked a question. Apart from local workforce naturally hired, what is the percentage of Syrian. Egyptian, Palestinian, Iraqi, Saudi, Kuwaiti and the rest of GCC? You should expect a majority but it is not. Not that they are not hiring but mostly because they have their own airline which suits them much better

MosEisley
1st Aug 2016, 13:01
Nolimit, I'm assuming that you think you know something about poker so let's use that analogy. You've bet big with absolutely nothing and the rest of the table knows it, time to fold.

An intelligent person can admit they are wrong which leaves us with two possibilities. Either you are stupid or you actually believe you are right which makes you an a$$hole.

I'll try to explain it to you one last time. You can privately believe her passions are trivial and you can hate her on a cellular level, that's your right. But the moment you choose to anonymously and publicly insult and belittle her, you become a sexist bully. The fact that you don't see that distinction makes me think you're stupid. However, the fact that you continue to try and justify your cowardly ridicule makes me think you're just a dick. Do you understand now? Should I use smaller words?

So, it turns out that the two possibilities are not mutually exclusive, you're both, congrats.

notapilot15
1st Aug 2016, 14:23
I think EK achieved what it wants ie., not recruiting women pilots, but pitting two groups against each other.

Throw money at Jennifer Aniston(an American) to make fun of US Carriers about showers.

Show up on Ellen's show to give free tickets to Dubai. Are we supposed to believe they are LGBT friendly (or) Ellen is a bigot for allowing them on her show.

Money trumps logic!!!

There is no easy way for one side to win these arguments so lets keep it civil.

givemewings
1st Aug 2016, 18:47
I'm a woman and I found the ad a little... off. Ok if it's her thing and what she likes to do, but I feel like if they wanted to show off the Dubai lifestyle, an ad to say 'You can leave Dubai and travel everywhere for fashion shows" (or insert other hobby here) isn't really the way to do it.

I haven't flown with the lady in question and wouldn't comment on her job/ability/whatever, but you can't deny she fits what they like in recruitment ads (just look at most of the CC who do the promo stuff) I just can't help feeling like this ad could have been a chance to be so much more and.... wasn't.

Who knows maybe there'll be more and showing more aspects of the real pilot life, or the things that got us into aviation in the first place. (Usually the planes :}) Now an ad contrasting a giant A380 or a 777 with a pilot taking a spin in an old classic in Cali or San Fran would make for a cool ad too....

(Yes I know, we're more often sleeping than going out downroute but still ;))

Donovan
1st Aug 2016, 19:08
Donovan you are a freak, you should come here quickly as we need staff like you

@Talparc How long did it take you to come up with that one??

Donovan
1st Aug 2016, 19:11
Well he asked a question. Apart from local workforce naturally hired, what is the percentage of Syrian. Egyptian, Palestinian, Iraqi, Saudi, Kuwaiti and the rest of GCC? You should expect a majority but it is not. Not that they are not hiring but mostly because they have their own airline which suits them much better

Thanks littlejet what I heard is that EK doesn't hire from other airlines within the country for FO , especially if they were lets say a GCC citizen coming from the tinniest country, so I just wanted a general opinion from the guys and girls currently in EK.

Wizofoz
1st Aug 2016, 19:57
There are "no poaching" agreements between some gulf carriers, but it has nothing to do with race.

glofish
2nd Aug 2016, 01:24
givemewings: :ok::ok::ok:

Panther 88
2nd Aug 2016, 20:13
I have to chuckle at this whole thread. As an earlier poster commented, where was all this defensiveness when the original Capt. America showed up on the WSJ? Not one person, if I recall came to his defense except Tartan Guy (that didn't go well). So perhaps all of this defending of said pilot is actually Big Daddies trying to protect the poor little thing from such awful hate. Reverse guilt sexism?

If she wants to be the face of EK, fine and defend her right to do so. If the OCA (original Capt. America) wanted to be the face of EK, fine and defend his right to do so. But pretty hypocritical to trash one and then defend another for basically the same (same same, but different) type of publicity stunt. I guess she's blonde and he was grey haired.

harry the cod
2nd Aug 2016, 20:30
No. The difference is she's a nice person. He was a pretentious, self centred knob!

Harry

Kapitanleutnant
2nd Aug 2016, 20:38
Hahahahaha............

whossorrynow
2nd Aug 2016, 21:08
As an earlier poster commented, where was all this defensiveness when the original Capt. America showed up on the WSJ? Not one person, if I recall came to his defense except Tartan Guy (that didn't go well).

typhoonpilot stood up with/for tartan guy. Both long gone now.

Didn't the WSJ article lead to the IRS showing an interest in EKs US crews financial circumstances?

TangoUniform
2nd Aug 2016, 23:37
No. The difference is she's a nice person. He was a pretentious, self centred knob!

Harry
So what you are saying, if I have this straight, if one is a shill for the company, it's ok, if you are perceived as a nice person. But if one is self centered pretentious knob, and a shill for the company, that's against all rules set by thee. I like your consistency, Harry. We should all try that on for size the next time we are called for tea and biscuits. "But, but I'm a nice person and and Harry says that's all that matters".

BTW, I haven't ever seen tea or biscuits when called to explain some little transgression.

MosEisley
3rd Aug 2016, 02:25
The difference should be obvious as I explained my motivations earlier, she is a personal friend of mine whereas I don't know the other guy you're taking about nor do I know the circumstances.

So, am I coming to the defense of a friend? Absolutely, as I would any friend being unfairly attacked. But it goes beyond that for me. I can't stand bullies much less anonymous internet trolls who feel it's their right to publicly trounce an innocent person. Imagine she is your daughter, wife, sister, mom, or friend. Would you have the same critique or applaud her for her accomplishments?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the quality of character I've observed at this place. There are some that chose to come here for the experience or lack of opportunity back home, but I'm certain there are some that came here because no one back home could stand them. Those are the type of people that jump at any chance to tear someone down or belittle them.

You're miserable here? I'm not surprised. You were probably miserable where you came from and you'll probably be miserable wherever you end up. And I'm sure you always blame someone or something else. Pilots are notorious for that but I see more of it here than I've ever seen before.

There are legitimate gripes to be made at this company, and I've done my share of complaining. There's basically f*ck all we can do about it and that's frustrating. But that in no way entitles you to pick on someone for their personal choices or lifestyle. You don't like the recruitment video because it doesn't reflect your pathetic life? Too bad, it's not her duty to pretend to be an old, miserable pr*ck. So maybe, just maybe, have a look in the mirror before you jump on the forum to see whose turn it is for you to $#it on today.

JAARule
3rd Aug 2016, 04:20
Mos you say you're defending her because you don't like bullies but plenty of people get slagged off on this forum and you don't defend them. Obviously the difference is she's your friend or you wouldn't saying anything. Nothing wrong with that but your position makes you somewhat of a hypocrite.

Face facts: she elected to make some ridiculous, vacuous and lamentable comments in the public forum. Being commented on as a result on goes with the territory and she should've been smart enough to know that before she agreed to this embarrassing spectacle. She probably did realise but just doesn't care, in which case your chivalrous defence is a waste of time and bluster and leaves you with egg on your face.

Asshole/good bloke - you are not the arbiter of whom is which.

Me Myself
5th Aug 2016, 17:25
The most pathetic video I have ever seen. Can't see how portraying a female pilot as a vain barbie pilot can do anything for the cause of female professionals.

Imagine the following : " Hi....I'm Ashley.....a very girlie girl......surgeon. I love my knife.....and fashion....equally and when not carving up a patient, I looooooove spending my time shoping until I drop "

Shivering perspective.
Girls, you deserve a lot better than this mockery of a promotion video.
Lucky me that I get to fly with real women !

Nikita81
5th Aug 2016, 18:42
Me Myself
+1
Totally agreed.

Video is offensive to women although I have no doubts that she is a great professional. It's obvious that she is reading the text in this video and its content came from some very stereotypical, superficial, patriarchal and misogynistic EK outdated marketing mind.

No empathy or understaning for women. "Girly girl" is just too much of superficiality. This video sends a message that her greatest concern is how to stay feminine in men's aviation world... They could have equally put a monkey and declare that his greatest concern is how to stay a primate in the human's world (this is why it's offensive for women).

harry the cod
5th Aug 2016, 20:13
Nikita81

Of course you find it offensive. You find everything about this Company offensive because it's the same Company that fired you. Would love to stay and chat but prefer a beer or three and to watch some videos on my computer that you really would find offensive to women! :E

Harry

Nikita81
5th Aug 2016, 20:32
Really mature, Harry.

I find most of the things about Emirates offensive, yes. Not because they fired me, but because it's a capitalistic personification of the devil.

Where is mod now to delete your comment? He is pretty busy these days...

Wizofoz
5th Aug 2016, 21:28
Where is mod now to delete your comment?

Why would a mod delete Harries comment? It doesn't break any PPRUNE rules.

You rail against totalitarianism, then advocate censorship.....

Nikita81
5th Aug 2016, 21:46
Actually, I don't care about Harry's comment being deleted, I am criticizing the censorship and moderators. Haven't you noticed how many posts and threads (which didn't break any pprune rule) mods deleted so far since the accident? I have. But this is a private website, anyway... so don't mind me, carry on. I am a feminist, had to react on this video. I said what I wanted to say.

kirungi1
5th Aug 2016, 21:47
I have always been a big fun of "the cod" :D some people say wine gets better with time. Thanks Harry, classic - can't fail to laugh about it and that's what life is all about - laughter!

ClassCbird
6th Aug 2016, 07:01
Nikita81

Would love to stay and chat but prefer a beer or three and to watch some videos on my computer that you really would find offensive to women! :E

Harry

Wow, yet another thread drift onto the subject of pornography!

Harry,

Normally i tend to agree with many of your posts but i find #103 quite disgusting and do not find it funny at all, even if it was meant as 'banter'!

I wonder if your wife is happy about you disrespecting women?

If participating in the abuse of women is the only way some men can feel like men, then i think such men must have incredibly pitiful lives.

Harry, for someone who is often trying to take the moral high ground, on this occasion, you have failed abysmally!:=

Flyingishere
6th Aug 2016, 07:11
https://i.imgflip.com/qzoor.jpg

donpizmeov
6th Aug 2016, 07:43
https://www.google.ae/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwic8YO3pazOAhVHwmMKHRi5C_wQyCkIHDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLS37SNYjg8w&usg=AFQjCNGDKNJqn-zlGOBVGpiKWWlRTuZdsQ&bvm=bv.129391328,d.cGc

ClassCbird
6th Aug 2016, 07:58
ClassCbird likes this!:ok:

littlejet
6th Aug 2016, 08:04
Class C why are you here? Cannot take a joke?
Have you ever visited Holland, Germany, Austria, Nevada...? All those countries had legalized the industry.... Does that mean that their people were all pricks by you, for allowing their governments pass such laws.
Nope, it is called FREEDOM of speech and expression!
Take CA, USA. In the past 15 years, the industry's local growth has nearly quadrupled, with annual revenues now equal to the Valley's restaurant, fast-food and bar businesses combined. 12Bn USD.
The most browsed subject on the net is? You guessed right.
Why more than 150 million people bought "50 shades", and who wrote it? Man or Woman?
Why women wear make up, high heels?
Why men go to the gym? Dye their hair and buy shiny stuff?
In a nutshell to look younger and more attractive to other sex...
How many wars, atrocities, violent events started because of religious miss-beliefs and how many because of strip joints of Nevada and Hustler magazine?
And let me not start about some of the church people and their devoted lives....at least the porn magazines are brutally honest.

So relax a bit, stop being insulted, we can discuss this for ages however this is an aviation forum and not psychoanalysis convention.

Love and regards

LJ

Callsign Kilo
6th Aug 2016, 08:56
Yes, believe it. This PR piece was clearly put together by management to piss you all off even further. It's hilarious how a bit of fluff from the good ole USofA has caused pages worth of infighting on the Internet. I'm sorry, many of you look a bit silly now, not Captain Ashley. She just looks good in an dress; despite her 100 hour multiple time zone roster.

And maybe that's the message. Come to EK, work to death; yet look like Ashley? On second thoughts, do what EK recruitment's target audience will be doing. Ignore it.

ClassCbird
6th Aug 2016, 09:23
Littlejet,

As i suggested, this is not the forum for discussing porn. I wish that some of you 'men' would stop making comments relating to porn on this forum.
Your argument is weak. Many countries are governed by Sharia. Does that mean that stoning women should be accepted? Of course not.
I know i am right because i have seen first hand the damage porn does.
Debate over.
Now, back to the subject of aviation....

littlejet
6th Aug 2016, 10:26
Where in that law does it say stoning women is allowed? Read some books first....and I suggest a PPL also, so you can contribute to Aviation forum.

nakbin330
6th Aug 2016, 10:32
So stoning is not allowed under Sharia Law? Is that what you're saying?

Just move on LJ. You and yours obviously condone porn, most don't.

littlejet
6th Aug 2016, 11:27
Sharia is a path not a law....every Islamic country has used some guidance in their legislature....did you see any stoning recently at the town square in Deira? And speaking of punishment by that "law" towards woman only, is abuse....
People become alcoholics because they abuse alcohol.
I am not a Muslim and cannot elaborate much, but I hate generalisation and blank insults.
I most certainly agree of moving on. Me and "mine" are living and let live

Nikita81
6th Aug 2016, 12:04
Class C why are you here? Cannot take a joke?

An attempt to humiliate a female disputant by making allusions to sexual abuse of women is not a joke.

motojet
6th Aug 2016, 15:20
Nikita, how long has it been since EK fired you? Yet after all this time you still get on this forum and get in arguments about everything EK. Perhaps you should move on. Thats really all I have to say. It's time for me to watch some videos objectifying women.

Nikita81
6th Aug 2016, 17:02
Hahahah!

Actually, I keep coming back because it's fun to watch how low some of you can go. :) It gives me the real perspective of who is to blame for what. Your lack of mutual solidarity is certainly the best thing that happened to EK management so far. :)

motojet
6th Aug 2016, 17:24
You do have a point about lack of solidarity...

notapilot15
7th Aug 2016, 00:12
Its always extremely difficult to figure out real motives of this world class mgmt. I have a feeling target audience of this this ad are males with a subliminal message, If you are man enough, join EK, otherwise we will hire girly girls.

Trevor the lover
7th Aug 2016, 00:32
Nikita your arguments make it sound as though you are the wise one who decided I don't like here so I will move on. In reality, if you weren't fired you would probably still be at EK, thus making your arguments here somewhat hypocritical.
And if chicks want to do porn for a living - well that's their choice. If guys want to watch it, well that's their choice. Cant see that if one makes a choice they should blame others.

Nikita81
7th Aug 2016, 01:53
In reality I've decided to ask some dangerous questions at the public forum and took the responsibility for the consequences. I also showed up on that forum in my black dress and on high heels (like a true feminist:)). It was my birthday. :) The manager who lost their temper on that forum and fired me, got fired two years later. The HR manager who didn't react on my harassment complaint got fired a few months after me.

You probably don't know that I've sent an e-mail reply to all AS management and EK college months before my dissmisal letter, starting with "I know that you don't give a **** about human rights, but let me introduce you with my point of view...". I've sent it because they were making me go on a training after my nightshifts of 10 or 12 hours, on my day off, with the threat that they are going to take 100 euros off my lousy salary if I don't show up at the training. They didn't mind the point of the e-mail much, but they minded the word "****". Problem was - they would never listen if I didn't use that word. That e-mail earned me a constant monitoring (higher instances "order") from my superiors and they were pretty open about it since many of them liked me. :) The ones who didn't like me, started to like me, because we were all in the same **** (here I go with that word again :)).

Do you still think I didn't expect my dissmisal letter? :) I've decided to make something of it, to go all the way through and I knew it could end both ways, with the bigger possibility that I would be fired if we know how intelligent EK management is.

It would be stupid of me to make some waves and then just resign or give up when I return home. No regrets. I am just crazy. :) And I don't like greedy bullies.

I am not you, don't project your behaviour and excuses into me.

As for the choices - you've missed the point.

5star
7th Aug 2016, 04:37
Nikita,
One thing no one else can say on this forum : You tried to fight the system all on your own. Maybe you did loose, but at least you have a clear conscience. Which not many can say.
You seem to have a well balanced opinion and at times you seem to be able to corner some of the bullies on this forum (oh yes, there are so many of them on the flightdeck). Well done!

You must be a real strong woman... Much more than our 'girl' covered in the ridiculous ek ad.
You can put me on your followers list! :-)

Aluminium shuffler
7th Aug 2016, 10:50
So, nikita, you swore on an email to your management and take issue with the fact that it got you fired, not the content of the complaint? Use of foul language and ranting at management will always result in that. There are far more mature ways of putting your point strongly to management but in a positive way that elicits sympathy and respect rather than causing confrontation. I have done exactly that on several occasions in several companies and subsequently got what I was after. Thumping tables and shouting at people will not get them on side, and doing it to your superiors is going to get you in trouble. If you still can't see that, you are doomed to the same outcomes in your future jobs. You may well have had just cause to complain, and just cause to be angry, but if you complain in an angry way, you will always lose, no matter who you work for. Do you not realise that if management are seen to give in to angry or threatening employees, they lose control and chaos ensues? They cannot do that, and if confronted publicly by bolshy subordinates, they can only have one response, and that is to fire that staff member as it would otherwise set a terrible example. You tied their hands and dug your own fate.

Really, accept you screwed up how you handled the situation, that you are responsible for that, and move on with your life. You are a bitter obsessive, and you are also a staff member who was never crew, let alone a pilot, on a pilot forum. Your comments in any thread are always inflammatory, seldom on topic and have no benefit to the discussion at hand. I tried to sensitively encourage you to have a healthier attitude in the PM, for your own health and happiness, to let it go and move on, but instead you chose to continue to antagonise all on here, not just EK management. Please, you're not helping us or yourself. Find something better to do with your time than obsess over your past.

The Crew
7th Aug 2016, 12:39
Nikita now works for CityJet. B777 to B'nothing. Classic.

Nikita81
7th Aug 2016, 12:42
I never shouted on people. And I tried the nice way many times. My e-mail was also nice. :) And managers have listened. I still get e-mails from my friends and unknown people thanking me for changes inside AS. For a whole month after I was fired and started a blog nobody in AS got a warning letter and nobody was called for "a meeting". After that, management was very careful not to do anything wrong because they didn't want their name to show up on my blog.

Changes, you say? There is no other way to deal with bully than slap them a few times. :) In educational purposes, of course. If your way works (in EK and Middle East), how come things get worse with each day?

I am not obsessive, I just still run the blog and still get e-mails asking me for help. I moved on long ago. And I am here, on this forum, occasionally. But every time I show up here I am attacked by same nicknames and profiles. It's time for you to learn that this is internet. (Relative) Freedom of expression for all and a new mean in fight againts bullies. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I will show up and write whenever I feel like it although I was not a crew or a pilot, therefore my worth is... less, according to you? False arrogance always reveals your internal insecurities, especially if you hide behind your profession. :)

@5star
Thanks. :)

Aluminium shuffler
7th Aug 2016, 14:06
I have not bullied you, Nikita, but you have made comments that were overly aggressive toward me as well as others. You have a history of upsetting people, but insist you are the victim. Do you not think, perhaps, that you may be lacking tact or discretion in how you present your issues, or even that you may have a perception issue where you feel singled out and bullied when you are in fact being treated like anyone else?

Regardless, your persistence and manner on here are not only indicative of obsession, depression, paranoia and a certain level of malice, all signs of psychological health issues, but is also increasing your levels of these problems. As before, I urge you to walk away and find something positive and fulfilling to expend your time and intellect, for not only your own happiness, but your own health.

BigGeordie
7th Aug 2016, 15:03
I think she is more mentally stable than a lot of the people who post on here. Often a lot more intelligent as well.

Nikita81
7th Aug 2016, 15:09
Oh, so, besides being a pilot, you also practise psychiatry, Aluminium shuffler? What a genius you are. Doctor House would be proud of you. Maybe he would even let you be one of his patients.

I will let mods deal with you.

delorean79
7th Aug 2016, 15:13
7 pages of crap. SEVEN! About a f*cking recruitment video! Damn!

TangoUniform
7th Aug 2016, 15:59
Chill, D79. I changed my settings and only see four. So what's the big deal? You had to make an effort to log on and read through the posts. Part of your terms and conditions to check the 'Pruners?:rolleyes:

Odins Raven
7th Aug 2016, 16:25
Nikita now works for CityJet. B777 to B'nothing. Classic.

Nowt wrong with that!

I've gone from B777 to a thirty year old B733 (literally a CLASSIC!) and it's the best move I ever made!

Aluminium shuffler
7th Aug 2016, 17:24
Nobody needs psychology training to recognise the issues when made so apparent. Many people have tried to give you well intended advice, privately and not, but if you continue to post hatred on a forum not intended for you about subjects which are of no concern to you, then your surprise at others' response is another failure on your part.

nolimitholdem
7th Aug 2016, 23:21
Alum Shuffler seems quite intent on trying to talk down to Nikita. Pity it's failing miserably. She pretty much owns him a few posts back.

Give it up. She's tougher and braver than 99% of the big talkers who lack the balls to put their job on the line the way she did. She nails it: bullies need to be slapped sometimes. It's the only language they understand.

And the ME is chock full of bullies, more than a few with wings pinned to their chests.

The clown who disparages the move to Easyjet based on the equipment change comes to mind.

notapilot15
8th Aug 2016, 12:32
One should learn to respect individuals not entities. Simple human courtesy.

Whatever law says, no entity is equal to or above an individual.

Individuals siding with entities to tarnish other individuals, one day it will be your turn to be at receiving end.

Boring, think about it.

harry the cod
8th Aug 2016, 19:23
'Tougher and braver'? Well, I don't think anyone on this forum could question her integrity or honesty. She fought for her principles and for improvements in T&C's. She also demonstrated dogged determination and tenacity in fighting her case through whatever means she had available and for that alone, she deserves credit and a certain amount of admiration. Certainly a true David vs Goliath. What I do question, however, is her lack of foresight in approaching her employer in the manner in which she did. Having the balls is one thing, having awareness of 'the game' is another. For someone so intelligent her ignorance in culture, both Company and National, was a massive oversight on her part. If it wasn't an oversight then it was arrogance, not ignorance, that became her downfall.

To compare her situation with that of a professional pilot is like the preverbal apples & oranges. The majority of pilots here left secure employment and everyone joined the bottom of the seniority list, mostly planning for the long term. Families have settled, with children established in good schools. Some have purchased properties. Wives may also have established careers or jobs here. Regardless, all will have made new friends. Their 'investment' can be considerable, both emotional and financial. A line Captain with under 15 years in the Company would be on a package of over $270K per year tax free with accompanying F class entitlement.

She on the other hand was a young single female in a job, not a career, earning a fraction of that. Of the two, it's fairly obvious which is the easier to walk away from. As for respect, that definitely works both ways.

So, I'm sure 'respect' is something our colleague Ashley, whom this original discussion is about, would appreciate just a fraction of right now. Or have we forgotten the purpose of this thread?

Harry

Nikita81
9th Aug 2016, 00:54
that became her downfall.Which downfall??! My salary was 700 euros. Don't be ridiculous. I had nothing to lose. That's why they need to increase salaries - not because they need to take care of their employees more or because prices went up, but because there will always be that single crazy person who has nothing to lose in money and life style terms but who cares about justice.

motojet
9th Aug 2016, 03:57
Well said Harry. I have flown with Ashley and found her to be a good pilot and solid individual. I had a better impression of her than I do of some of the naysayers on this thread.

Nikita81
9th Aug 2016, 06:03
On the other hand, money can't buy you dignity.

JAARule
10th Aug 2016, 02:10
How would you know that, Nikita, on your salary? You sound like a jealous bolshevist trying to teach anyone who'll listen about life according to you. The best bolshies always have a comeback; no doubt you do too.

Time to move on.

Aluminium shuffler
10th Aug 2016, 06:36
JAA, you're making the same mistake as me - I forgot that every EK topic is actually about Nikita. ;)

Nikita81
10th Aug 2016, 07:07
There's an easy solution to that, AS: stop attacking me (talking about misogyny). I think it's more than obvious that I don't have a bullying victim mentality and I will slap you back. :)

BigGeordie
10th Aug 2016, 13:40
There's an easy solution to that, AS: stop attacking me (talking about misogyny). I think it's more than obvious that I don't have a bullying victim mentality and I will slap you back. :)

You go girl!
Ding ding, round 2

Kapitanleutnant
11th Aug 2016, 09:37
Nikita...

You sound like Donald Trump!! Hit me, and I'll hit you back. Like it!!

I second the "you go girl!!"