PDA

View Full Version : NG Question teasers!!!

Pin Head
24th Jul 2016, 01:57
Hi

Please help me with the following!

1. Why is the Cabin Altitude NNC in the biggest font on the front page of the QRH? I know why it's in capital letters but why it in the biggest font compared to other drills in capitals letters
2. Airfields on the MAP page. Are these 'any' airfields and may not be long enough for NG landing distance needed? Or do they provide at least say 6000m LDA?
3. Engine start switches need to be in CONT for take off, landing, icing conditions and heavy rain. How reliable is the auto relight function in the event of an uncommanded and sudden N2 drop. I ve seen many people in non icing conditions or at the slightest hint of turbulence immediately in a state of panic put them into CONT?

Thank you for your help

Pin

R8TED THRUST
24th Jul 2016, 03:05
Hi Pin,
The font size has to do with reduced vis in the cockpit. Ie. Explosive decompression... Any QRH increased font size "smoke fire fumes" will be larger.

2. Airfields will show up depending on your company configuration. Mine is 5000'.

Cheers.

Goldenrivett
24th Jul 2016, 07:49
How reliable is the auto relight function in the event of an uncommanded and sudden N2 drop.

Hi Pin, that was discussed in 2011.
http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/458568-use-manual-continuous-ignition.html

B737900er
24th Jul 2016, 08:45
Pin - I suggest you read the back section of the QRH, it will give you the reason why some NNC are BOLD or Upper/Lower case.