PDA

View Full Version : Near miss in UAE

dunandusted
19th Jul 2016, 19:31
I heard from a colleague over there that there was a particularly nasty incident holding east of dubai recently. Any of the affected crews around this forum?

Rule3
20th Jul 2016, 13:59
dunandusted.......Near miss in UAE. Sensational post title, then you qualify it as a "nasty Incident"

"Nasty incidents" happen all around the world. What is your point?

RemoveB4Flght
20th Jul 2016, 18:12
I want the 30 seconds of my life it took to read this and make this post back....:ugh:

Capn Rex Havoc
21st Jul 2016, 08:16
Where there is smoke there is fire. I have heard mutterings as well of a near paint swap between 3 A380's in the hold. Peer support called out for all crews. etc. I think something scary happened there.

(Ps it is a near collision not near miss:E )

5star
21st Jul 2016, 10:05
Now, if this happened in the hold, sure all of them were blindly complying with the ATC instruction of v/s more than 1500pm in descends inside the hold.....
It must have been fun watching 2 wales doing an automatic TCAS-RA manoeuver inside the hold and probably causing the whole stack in the hold to explode with other RA's.....:D

wadi_racer
22nd Jul 2016, 09:28
Now, if this happened in the hold, sure all of them were blindly complying with the ATC instruction of v/s more than 1500pm in descends inside the hold.....
It must have been fun watching 2 wales doing an automatic TCAS-RA manoeuver inside the hold and probably causing the whole stack in the hold to explode with other RA's.....:D

5star, you are one sick puppy if you consider something as serious as this could have been as "fun"....... One sick sense of humor

atakacs
23rd Jul 2016, 15:54
Anyone with something factual on this one?

kennedy
23rd Jul 2016, 16:35
Maybe they will do something about the call sign confusion problem we experience! FINALLY!

Hasn't there been enough ASR's about it to fxxking do something about it yet!

QCM
27th Jul 2016, 12:19
Missed my leaves,not nearly...

Jwscud
27th Jul 2016, 14:33
There was a rather embarrassing TCAS daisy chain in the LAM hold a couple of years ago where a Ryanair out of STN climbing like a bat out of hell set off a climb RA on the bottom guy in the stack. That triggered a climb RA on the next guy in the stack and so on.

Oops...